#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

What bothers me most in X3 is how Xavier's a dick most of the time, especially to Wolverine telling him how he knows nothing and how only he knows how to control Jean. It kinda feels good when she blows him up :D

alternate: someone who can act and doesn't just look hot in the costume. yaaaay!

Personally, this is the Rogue costume I loved the most in the comic:

Posted Image

There was always something about her having to be covered with skintight black that always...er, raised my awareness. ;)

• Like 2

What bothers me most in X3 is how Xavier's a dick most of the time, especially to Wolverine telling him how he knows nothing and how only he knows how to control Jean. It kinda feels good when she blows him up :D

I kinda think that was the point. Which now works better for me, since I've now seen Xavier be a jerk again. Singer's genius with this film is that it

wipes out X3, while not ignoring it happened

Edited by Accursed Arachnid!™
  • Like 1

I kinda think that was the point. Which now works better for me, since I've now seen Xavier be a jerk again. Singer's genius with this film is that it

wipes out X3, while not ignoring it happened

I like jerk Xavier of DOFP but in X3 he was an insensitive dick and it wasn't funny :D

• Like 2

maybe it's just in the cartoon, don't know about the comics, but Rouge's nowhere near as "sassy" as she was there. she's more the delicate flower type in the movies.

She has Rogue's powers but Kitty's personality. I think that was Singer's intent.

I am still trying to figure out what was the real point of having Angel in X3

The scene of him jumping out the window, basically. Also the opening scene of him cutting off his wings. Which was supposed to be dark I guess, but is just goofy

• Like 3

maybe it's just in the cartoon, don't know about the comics, but Rouge's nowhere near as "sassy" as she was there. she's more the delicate flower type in the movies.

Which just makes it more disheartening that neither Singer nor Ratner got her right in X2 or 3, considering Paquin did sassy very well on True Blood.

She has Rogue's powers but Kitty's personality. I think that was Singer's intent.

And then we get Kitty in the third movie and it's like "well, we've got two kittys now. what's the point, other than like, 1.5 scenes of a useless love triangle thing?"

• Like 2

The biggest problem with the X-Men series has been the need to make every movie a BIG EVENT movie with stuff with huge ramifications. Thus we only ever got a handful of mutants the story has centered around and everyone else was seven-line extended cameos at best pretty much. X-Men is the property best suited to a wide diversification of movies since you can have different movies following different groups, with stuff coming together in the occasional EVENT flick.

• Like 1

I am still trying to figure out what was the real point of having Angel in X3

I think he was supposed to be more in the film but it just got lost during the making of it... They tried to have some kind of father/son relationship but it didn't work since he was in like 2 scenes and when he saves his dad nobody really cares anymore.

I love the cartoon version with her southern twang.

• Like 2

And then we get Kitty in the third movie and it's like "well, we've got two kittys now. what's the point, other than like, 1.5 scenes of a useless love triangle thing?"

Singer would have never brought Kitty into prominence, but after X3 and the fact that the original DOFP story featured her, he had no choice with DOFP.

He basically replaces Rogue with her in this film.

Edited by Accursed Arachnid!™
  • Like 2

He basically replaces Rogue with her in this film.

Except

there was a big action sequence involving Rogue in the movie that was cut for pacing reasons. Once that was gone, they had to cut Rogue from the film entirely save for that 5-second glimpse because she would have suddenly appeared in China out of thin air. So Singer had planned on using Rogue a decent bit until editing room issues struck.