#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

Good number for DOFP, even though we were hoping for more.

Let's remember that 90M is still a massive improvement on First Class and The Wolverine.

And there's every reason to expect that Apocalypse will be even bigger in 2 years.

Funny enough, I might get some hate for this but I didn't really enjoy DoFP that much.It was a good movie but it wasn't great.Cap 2 is still the movie to beat this year IMHO.As per the box office numbers and the thread title, WTF??

Speaking of hate. That avatar.

Funny enough, I might get some hate for this but I didn't really enjoy DoFP Cap 2 that much.

It was a good movie but it wasn't great.

Cap 2 DoFP is still the movie to beat this year IMHO.

As per the box office numbers and the thread title, WTF??

Fixed that nasty accidental switch up you had goin there. :)

Funny enough, I might get some hate for this but I didn't really enjoy DoFP that much.It was a good movie but it wasn't great.Cap 2 is still the movie to beat this year IMHO.As per the box office numbers and the thread title, WTF??

There's nothing wrong with thinking CATWS is better than XDOFP.

• Like 3

Well, she was wrong last week with her w/e projection on Saturday for Godzilla. 

Unfortunately she was $2m too high.

That'll happen, not too bad there. At this time of night, you'd think that Nikki is in the ballpark.

(Though this weekend, we would like to see the Sat estimate, since it's legit to wonder if she forgot the Sunday holds would be different.)

Well, if it does apx 90 million ... in 2 years we can expect Apocalypse to do 100-105 3 Day.

X-Men (2000) 55 million

X2 (2003) 86 million

X3 (2006) 103 million

X-Men: First Class (2011) 55 million

X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014) 90 million

X-Men: Apocalypse (2016) ???

Edited by Adam
  • Like 3

As per the box office numbers and the thread title, WTF??

Well, I’ll start off by saying this: do not blame that weekend on FIRST CLASS, OK? I don’t care what movie you are — whether it's BLENDED, TASM2, CAP2 — much less GODZILLA. When you make 3 crappy movies — X3, two crappy spinoffs — you ain’t going to beat anybody I just talked about. Anybody. All right? And that was a disgraceful performance in my opinion. We threw this weekend. We gave it away by doing that. We gave them the friggin’ weekend. In my opinion, that sucked. Ah. You know? You can’t have 3 crappy movies in a franchise. Holy crap! I don’t know who the hell we think we are when we do something like that. Unbelievable. We could've set a Memorial Weekend record. And we didn't. That’s pitiful! I mean, it’s absolutely pitiful to perform like that. Pitiful! Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 6

Nah, it's what's on the inside that counts.

Posted Image

Beauty on the inside? Blah blah blah. If that was the case, some folks would have to swallow some lipstick.