#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

Pretty funny stuff. The audience I saw it with (consisting of a lot of twenty something year olds and some people older that), seem to really dig it. They even applauded at the end.The humor can be pretty disgusting as Seth MacFarlane humor can often be. A lot of the jokes revolve around people getting killed (as one would expect from the title). There’s even a hilarious scene where Albert hallucinates and has an out of this world experience. Plus just like Ted (which I also enjoyed), there are many hilarious cameos to be found (I especially dug and laughed at the

Doc Brown cameo

.As for MacFarlane, he makes a decent / alright lead. Though sometimes it feels like he’s shamelessly mugging the camera, saying anything he can just in attempt to make the audience laugh. There’s also moments where the film’s pretty slow and not much humor is to be found.Overall it was pretty good, definitely recommended.

Edited by Fancyarcher

Cloverfield had a 68% drop. PR and King Kong 05 had 57% drops and had smaller OWs. 

kong's 2nd sat was christmas eve so had a 41% drop on that day (7.8+4.5+8.8). it made up for some of the loss on sunday, but would have held much better otherwise.

Edited by a2k

kong's 2nd sat was christmas eve so had a 41% drop on that day (7.8+4.5+8.8). it made up for some of the loss on sunday, but would have held much better otherwise.

It's still something all giant monster films seem to have.

Worst second weekend drops for movies that made over $50m opening weekend.  I wasn't expecting Godzilla 2014 to show up on this list.

when hulk released, it was my early years at following bo. i just used to visit yahoo movies on weekends and look at their estimates. hulk's and hp poa's 2nd weekend drops in 2003 were big shocks that year.

The simpsons movie was very good, a return to form for the series

Yea I am waiting for the sequal which they hinted through Maggie in the credits

Edited by AC Slater
  • Like 1

Don't tell Alan Moore that...

I love Alan Moore's work, but he can be quite the hothead like any great writer.

I see why he's upset though. A lot of the comics social satire wasn't necessarily translated from page to screen. At least he acknowledges that Justice League Unlimited did a pretty great adaption of "For The Man Who Has Anything".

• Like 3

I love Alan Moore's work, but he can be quite the hothead like any great writer.

I see why he's upset though. A lot of the comics social satire wasn't necessarily translated from page to screen. At least he acknowledges that Justice League Unlimited did a pretty great adaption of "For The Man Who Has Anything".

He gave his blessing to JLU because they asked first.

• Like 1

He gave his blessing to JLU because they asked first.

Well yeah, most authors are like that.

Not that Moore had any say in The Watchmen adaption, especially since DC owns the comic.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

Also, what's with the major cameo spoiler in the new Million Ways to Die in the West trailer? That would've been a showstopping cameo if it was left a surprise, but as it is, it's like if 21 Jump Street had advertised Johnny Depp getting shot multiple times

Whoever cut that trailer should be fired. Trailers in the good old days would never have given away a surprise cameo like that.

But if there was no twist it would have been just another Wreck-It-Ralph (WIR is fine too). I liked what they did, it was really unique and it gave it more heart :)

WiR had a twist and was a great movie.LEGO had a better twist and was a much better movie in every aspect.
  • Like 4