#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

Well this one cost a lot more though. You have to take that into consideration as well.

Still a success though.

Considering, the international OW numbers thus far, everything is looking sweet. It's opening above Cap 2 and TASM2 in major countries.

• Like 1

290 should have never been considered in the first place.

Agree.

XMen is a mature sequel.  At some point it reached its growing point and won't gain much more new aficionados but instead keep the strong fanbase it has acquired since the first movie.  

Yes, it was rejuvenated with a new concept mixing the two teams and with 3D thrown in the mix, so it was about to add a little more dough, especially abroad with new expanding markets.  

But  the fact that it won't top XMen3 ow domestic, even with 3D showed that most definitely it had already reached its maturity point and won't increase much (admission wise) like MCU sequels (bar probably IM3 that should stabilize in case of  apotential 4th movie) do as they are still relatively recent and on the increase process within their life expentancy.

Edited by Ent

Agree.

XMen is a mature sequel.  At some point it reached its growing point and won't gain much more new aficionados but instead keep the strong fanbase it has acuired since the first movie.  

Yes, it was rejuvenated with a new concept mixing the two teams and with 3D thrown in the mix, so it was about to add a little more dough, especially abroad with new expanding markets.  

But  the fact that it won't top XMen3 ow domestic, even with 3D showed that most definitely it had already reached its maturity point and won't increase much (admission wise) like MCU sequels (bar probably IM3 that should stabilize if it had a 4th movie) do as they are still relatively recent and on the increase process within their life expentancy.

X-3 followed X-2, which was well-liked, successful movie. i'm willing to bet age of apocalypse would top it.

Considering, the international OW numbers thus far, everything is looking sweet. It's opening above Cap 2 and TASM2 in major countries.

Yep those OS numbers ARE looking sweet! I'm so happy for the X Men. Great movie, Great Opening! Bring on the Apocalypse!

X-3 followed X-2, which was well-liked, successful movie. i'm willing to bet age of apocalypse would top it.

Propbably but what i mean is that domestically its potential growth is likely to be well contained because it is set in a maturity/saturated point in its life expentancy curve.

Edited by Ent

What did you expect with X-men coming out and Spidey still in theaters?

Spidey has nothing to do with Godzilla so don't know why you brought that up. X-men+ mixed WOM caused that.

And people on here tried to sell this movie as a "family film"....yea no

He has more emotion than ATJ

No he doesn't, Cavill is a horrible actor. I could never see Cavill playing the role of Kick Ass. ATJ's line about 3 guys laying it in one one, while everyone else is watching was great delivery. I haven't seen his other movies, but they say his John Lennon flick is also well done.

• Like 1