#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

Without giving any details/spoilers, is The Wolverine (not Origins!) necessary viewing for DOFP? Saw it in theaters, but don't remember much about it (thanks mostly to dat movie-stealing stinger).

No,

he actually has his metal claws back with no justification at the beginning of DOPF. Another continuity mistake to be added to the list.

Small spoiler above.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

Without giving any details/spoilers, is The Wolverine (not Origins!) necessary viewing for DOFP? Saw it in theaters, but don't remember much about it (thanks mostly to dat movie-stealing stinger).

No. The only thing that carries over is Prof X and Magneto recruiting Wolverine in the stinger.

• Like 2

Without giving any details/spoilers, is there anything major in The Wolverine (not Origins!) that deems it necessary viewing for DOFP? Saw it in theaters, but don't remember much about it (thanks mostly to dat movie-stealing stinger).

Not really...just look at the post-credit teaser on youtube or something...

• Like 1

Without giving any details/spoilers, is there anything major in The Wolverine (not Origins!) that deems it necessary viewing for DOFP? Saw it in theaters, but don't remember much about it (thanks mostly to dat movie-stealing stinger).

Yeah, turns out the sentinals were just an old japanese guy in a robo-suit.

• Like 5

No. The only thing that carries over is Prof X and Magneto recruiting Wolverine in the stinger.

Pretty much it. The Wolverine just exists for the sake of putting that scene somewhere.

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

No,

he actually has his metal claws back with no justification at the beginning of DOPF. Another continuity mistake to be added to the list.

Small spoiler above.

Not really...just look at the post-credit teaser on youtube or something...

Cool. Thanks, guys. :)

You can actually just watch X-Men and X-Men: First Class and then jump straight to DOFP. Almost nothing from X2 is referenced directly, 

X3 is retconned out completely

, and one scene from XOW is retained but even that is 

retconned at the end.

• Like 1

Pretty much it. The Wolverine just exists for the sake of putting that scene somewhere.

I really liked the first two-thirds of The Wolverine...then they decided to just make it a generic summer blockbuster...

• Like 1

It is very very possible actually. TASM2 clocked in 207M for the WW weekend, and that was with just 1 day in China. DOFP has outopened TASM2 in most markets, and has 3 extra days in China compared to TASM2, so 240 is definitely possible.

He said OS not WW. I know it's confusing. I forgot whether the OP said WW or OS but Noctis is talking about OS.

He said OS not WW. I know it's confusing. I forgot whether the OP said WW or OS but Noctis is talking about OS.

I was the OP. I said WW, and Noctis brought in HBP for some reason saying the figure was 236M.

what's the name of the female villain in the wolverine again? that's a performance that would make Uma Thurman go "fucking hell. Really?"

Viper?

I was the OP. I said WW, and Noctis brought in HBP for some reason saying the figure was 236M.

LOL Ok then it was me who was confused. He was talking about the Xmen wouldn't come close to HBP Overseas opening. So he misread your post.

I haven't seen WOLVERINE or ORIGINS, and the last time I saw X3 was in theaters. I still enjoyed DOTP, don't think I missed anything much.
  • Like 3