#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

Ooh, E, you should check it out. It's a fun movie with a rockin' heroine. :)

Not that I haven't tried. It's been on cable enough. Just doesn't interest me.  One day when I have absolutely nothing to do and it's on I'll watch it maybe, lol.

I've seen Titanic a zillion times and not for Leo and Kate either, lol. I am just awestruck at the way he captured the disaster with the and every emotion possible for people going through it.  Every scene was gripping and heart wrenching.  Fascinating stuff. My favorite is Terminator as well. But I love T2 also.

My sister is not a big movie fan. I remembered she didn't watch Titanic until she was like 18. Before that, she was dismissing it as probably just another sappy generic love story chick flick. Then she finally watched and loved everything about it. Cried like a baby watching it too, lol.
  • Like 1

Well, I watched Friday the 13th 2 last night.  I think I'll watch The Final Chapter tonight. Good night all.

Finally! We need Rth to come in.Sorry baumer :P
  • Like 1

My sister is not a big movie fan. I remembered she didn't watch Titanic until she was like 18. Before that, she was dismissing it as probably just another sappy generic love story chick flick. Then she finally watched and loved everything about it. Cried like a baby watching it too, lol.

It's one of the few movies that still makes me cry, pretty much every time.  I've seen it at least 30 times, if not more.  I cry at least once every time.  

• Like 2

It's one of the few movies that still makes me cry, pretty much every time.  I've seen it at least 30 times, if not more.  I cry at least once every time.

JC is just great at emotions in his movies. And they're naturally building up emotions that you can relate to or feel for. Not contrived nor manipulative.
  • Like 3

After watching Avatar and Titanic, I still can't figure out why they were such mega-blockbusters.Cameron must use subliminal messages or something.

I think people need to look the biggest ticket sellers in box office history are usually grand epic love stories told in grand settings.

I am sorry but the sinking scene in titanic is perhaps one of the few times I cried during a movie. 

I think Titanic is no doubt much more popular, it was a super duper hit in every cornor of the world.

Remember hearing My Heart will Go on for like an entire year in Canada. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

JC is just great at emotions in his movies. And they're naturally building up emotions that you can relate to or feel for. Not contrived nor manipulative.

And not afraid to make a female a badass. 

Sarah Connor ftw!

• Like 2

After watching Avatar and Titanic, I still can't figure out why they were such mega-blockbusters.Cameron must use subliminal messages or something.

I never could figure out the massive appeal of both of those films either. I guess that's what makes the box office exciting. There are always going to be movies that are just hard to understand how they made what they made.

I think people need to look the biggest ticket sellers in box office history are usually grand epic love stories told in grand settings.

Gone with the wind. Grand and epic love story where nobody loved the right people.

• Like 3

Most people I know haven't. And they have zero interest in ever doing so. I saw it, quite liked it but have never felt any desire to see it again. Cameron pursuing the sequels for years at the expense of making other films is baffling to me.

Fox is probably offering him half the studio or some shit.