#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

yeah, and the reason it was able to connect with people like that was because it was abstract, generalized, open to interpretation and yes, bland.

compare it to:

and you'll understand why people are not impressed. i mean, it was a brilliant marketing decision by disney to empty their songs/movie of personality so it'll appeal to the largest amount of people possible, kudos for that, but from the perspectives of a viewer, i am not enthusiastic.

Oh, come on, for you open for interpretation implies bland?

Let it go might not be the ultimate pinacle of disney music, but imo it is certainly playing in the same league. Especially when adding the visual element to that comparison.

It's much more difficult to make a catchy song that can be interpreted in many different ways then it is to make a song with one meaning.

i'm not sure what's harder, but i agree that it's a very well crafted pop song.

Oh, come on, for you open for interpretation implies bland?

Let it go might not be the ultimate pinacle of disney music, but imo it is certainly playing in the same league. Especially when adding the visual element to that comparison.

not necessarily, but in this case both are true.

and the visual element was incredibly weak in let it go. elsa making goofy faces+creates a monotone ice palace is NOT a visual extravaganza.

^this is strong imagery. we'll never see this kind of song again in modern disney.

Edited by Last Man Standing
  • Like 6

The thing is, even if the multiplier across all territories is less than 2, 600M is locked and with a 2.3 across every territory currently open 700M is done.

I'm shooting for the 700m.

Thinking about going for my 2nd viewing of DOFP...Anyone here see it in 3D? If so, is it worth it?

I saw it in 3D and no it's not.  I don't remember seeing any good 3D effects, it was mostly just depth difference.

Yes, generally. They watch it at his daycare occasionally too. However, his current favorite is RATATOUILLE (which we're literally watching right now).

Tele Jr gets my seal of approval

• Like 1

Yes, generally. They watch it at his daycare occasionally too. However, his current favorite is RATATOUILLE (which we're literally watching right now).

he already has a better taste than his father :ph34r:  :P

• Like 4