#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

Sorry let me continue. But they've had monorails wrapped with an Avengers theme but I read something that as long as that monorail didn't enter the Magic Kingdom or Epcot and just stuck to the hotel loop then technically the characters weren't in the parks

To show you how serious Universal is about that, they actually had lawyers write to Disney to remind them that the monorail can't enter the theme parks. So Disney put the wrapper on the monorails that go around Walt Disney World, but do not enter the theme parks.

• Like 1

Sorry let me continue. But they've had monorails wrapped with an Avengers theme but I read something that as long as that monorail didn't enter the Magic Kingdom or Epcot and just stuck to the hotel loop then technically the characters weren't in the parks

LOL! Oh Disney.  :lol:

On a sidenote, I'll give y'all a preview for my crazy like-plan for the rest of weekendTomorrow afternoon: Trailer for next weekTomorrow night: Picture of me in a tuxSunday afternoon: Video of me singing Let It GoI SHALL BE MOST LIKED THIS WEEKEND; TAKE THAT TELE JUNIOR AND YOUR TELE JR

Not if you're singing Let It Go. :ph34r:
  • Like 2

On a sidenote, I'll give y'all a preview for my crazy like-plan for the rest of weekend Tomorrow afternoon: Trailer for next weekTomorrow night: Picture of me in a tuxSunday afternoon: Video of me singing Let It Go I SHALL BE MOST LIKED THIS WEEKEND; TAKE THAT TELE JUNIOR AND YOUR TELE JR

Now you've done it. Watch Tele post a pic of Tele Jr. in his Spidey PJ to compete now.
  • Like 4

Except maybe Star Wars and Cars.Though I wonder what Frozen's merchandise has been like.

Are you kidding me? They can't keep even meet the demand. They weren't even prepared for the phenomenal sales of merchandise

http://www.tampabay.com/news/business/retail/frozen-frenzy-creates-shortage-for-elsa-anna-merchandise/2180802.

Its success has led to a global shortage of licensed goods, forcing desperate parents to stalk stores and websites for the elusive dolls, plush toys and dresses that in some cases have sold for hundreds of dollars over retail price.

Even Houdini would be impressed at how quickly this stuff disappears.

• Like 2

If it comes to that, they'll just reboot again. No single series is enough of an albatross to sink a studio, which is basically the situation you're trying to set up. Even assuming the franchise continues to tank, Sony knows full well that Spider-Man is a popular character overall (witness the performance of the earlier movies) and that reboots can wildly rejuvenate franchises, if done correctly (Batman, Star Trek). The latent potential in Spider-Man is worth keeping around even if the next one completely tanks.And let's be clear, we're still talking about a movie that's going to hit 700m WW.

Agreed but I think situations are arising which can force the sale. If we assume from an ROI perspective that it continues on a negative trajectory for TASM3 (2016), a reboot post that movie will be 4-5 years away. Sony is not flush with cash these days and a lot of their divisions are not doing well. (Excluding gaming, movies, insurance/finance, etc) If they do decide to reboot, they won't have positive cash flow from Spidey for those years and have to depend on other sources to finance their movies. The other sources of money may not be readily available since they are utlizing a lot of debt to turn around their main businesses.

Plus Wall Street is already harking Sony to spin off the movie division which would only increase the pressure the new spun off company to sell it back so that they can finance other movies. (Maybe go after Bond which has been doing quite well). Again alot of hypotheticals but not impossible.

Either that or I am just coming up with crazy rationales so that Spidey ends up in Marvel's hands.

• Like 1

Too bad I don't have a date this weekend; could regale with stories there for more likes

WAIT

I JUST CAME UP WITH THE BEST SOURCE FOR LIKES EVER

Imagine: A film theory summer box office preview