#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

So under 100M / 3-day is dissapoiting for many of you, right?

Not really it's still going to be around 110-115 for the four day which many thought.Someday we'll learn to manage our expectations
  • Like 1

again Boxoffice.com was wrong. Saying it would make 38-40m 

To be fair Rth said the same. Late night shows were weaker than expected

• Like 1

Only because no movie has yet to hit 100M OW.It's great for the franchise though. A big increase from the last OWs of the series.Not to mention some International openings are above Spidey and Cap 2. Edited by #ED
  • Like 3

No. Gawdesk, RTH, said revised his prediction down.

I know, I mean earlier in the day. Can't really fault Boxoffice.com's early number is all I'm saying

Edited by Chewy Tatumwolf
  • Like 2

If it comes to that, they'll just reboot again. No single series is enough of an albatross to sink a studio, which is basically the situation you're trying to set up. Even assuming the franchise continues to tank, Sony knows full well that Spider-Man is a popular character overall (witness the performance of the earlier movies) and that reboots can wildly rejuvenate franchises, if done correctly (Batman, Star Trek). The latent potential in Spider-Man is worth keeping around even if the next one completely tanks.And let's be clear, we're still talking about a movie that's going to hit 700m WW.

Don't underestimate the Disney/Marvel juggernaut however. They were able to get Star Wars rights. Let me repeat that again, they were able to get Star Wars rights.

Now the Gary Busey Amazon Fire ads, thumbs up

Jesus, there's a GARY BUSEY Amazon ad, and I JUST found out about this NOW?

WOW!

Double WOW!

No. I don't think anyone had it over 100M for the 3 day. A lot of predictions of 94-98M for the 3 day but no one went for 100M. Looks like it will match predictions.

8.1 Midnights28M Friday

30M Saturday (Minimal increase)

27M Sunday (10% decrease) 

will still give it 94M.

Are you kidding me? They can't keep even meet the demand. They weren't even prepared for the phenomenal sales of merchandise http://www.tampabay.com/news/business/retail/frozen-frenzy-creates-shortage-for-elsa-anna-merchandise/2180802.  Its success has led to a global shortage of licensed goods, forcing desperate parents to stalk stores and websites for the elusive dolls, plush toys and dresses that in some cases have sold for hundreds of dollars over retail price.Even Houdini would be impressed at how quickly this stuff disappears.

Want to know what's really crazy. Walt Disney World has had a meet and greet with Anna and Elsa. The wait times have been reported to be five hours
  • Like 1