#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

It's going to cruise well past 200. Easily. It's at, say, 158 thru this weekend. Say 7m for the weekdays to 165. Another big drop to 14 for the next week to 179. Another 7m for the weekdays. That's 186. Another huge drop to 7m to 195. Then it hits 200 during the week (or the following weekend). That's with huge drops and no stabilizing.

• Like 5

Nothing makes sense AT ALL today with numbers.The Godzilla drop makes no sense. Unless we're in a scenario where both X-Men and Godzilla are hurting each other this weekend.

• Like 2

Yeah not a great number, but I want to see the full OD numbers first before I make any predictions for the 3 day. 

Yes, I realize waiting to see numbers that actually mean something before making predictions is not the norm around here :P

Hey 75!! Oh man I wonder if Xmen will miss the 100M in 3 day mark as well... :-O!!

Come on Xmen... Its been a bit tired since singer left , but now that hes back in the  saddle and because of those

stellar trailers I hope this one can get over that 100M in 3 day hump...If not though Optimus Prime is left :)

I could see Godzilla having a multiplier similar to MOS. I think that had a 2.5 if Godzilla follows the same it would finish around 230

:ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

• Like 4

It's going to cruise well past 200. Easily. It's at, say, 158 thru this weekend. Say 7m for the weekdays to 165. Another big drop to 14 for the next week to 179. Another 7m for the weekdays. That's 186. Another huge drop to 7m to 195. Then it hits 200 during the week (or the following weekend).That's with huge drops and no stabilizing.

Next week will be brutal for Godzilla. Roughly 14% of its OW box office came from IMAX, pretty sure that percentage will have increased this weekend. It loses all IMAX screens next weekend to Maleficent.

Probably not for the studio's bottom line, though.

In the short term, I suppose. In terms of the viability of the franchise moving forward? Hard to say.

Nothing makes sense AT ALL today with numbers.The Godzilla drop makes no sense. Unless we're in a scenario where both X-Men and Godzilla are hurting each other this weekend.

Similar demographics being targeted, so likely. However wait to see how the whole weekend plays out. I'm crossing my fingers though that between DOFP and Zilla that TASM2 got vaporized :D.

• Like 1