#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

All I can say is, is that next May, the number guessing game for TA2 is going to be insane with meltdown's galore.. :lol:

That's going to be very hard to predict. Seriously right now I might not go any higher than what Avengers opened to. But that bridge will be crossed at the appropriate time

Ed, do your job and update the title? We need to attract more people in here.

It says 90 users are reading this topic. I am not sure if I can name 90 people on this site.......nah...I can.

Edited by Walt Disney

Even if it loses every dime from IMAX and none of it gets spent on another show, that's still only a couple of million at this point.

Really doubt it. IMAX was 14.7M last week, and it holds much better than normal shows, would probably be half of that i.e. 7.3M this week. Even if it held the same next week, that would be a loss of 3.5M or so from the gross next weekend.

Really doubt it. IMAX was 14.7M last week, and it holds much better than normal shows, would probably be half of that i.e. 7.3M this week. Even if it held the same next week, that would be a loss of 3.5M or so from the gross next weekend.

3.5m. Couple million. Exactly. And this is assuming that there's absolutely zero carryover to another non-IMAX showtime.

The AVENGERS 2 Next May WILL Break box office records and there's just no way it doesn't unles it super sucks bad, but I just don't see that happening with the same formula intact both with the cast and Whedon.. If it were anyone else handling it, then maybe, but as long as Whedon remains on this til after TA3, The numbers will be about the same...

I still think it's possible for AoU to pretty much pull a SM2 and do a little bit less than it's predecessor, even if it's more acclaimed. Actually I think that is more likely, even if doing a "little less" is barely making or missing $600 million domestic.