#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

WB are the kings of IMAX.

Dat WB contract.Which is why MJ1 won't have IMAX as well. Interstellar...

Warner Brothers is great at getting IMAX for their movies.

Ah ok.

Alright.. Gotta get back to work.. Congrats on X-MEN beating GODZILLA.. I was wrong, but better luck next time.. :P

Congrats? Wait...did anyone really have Godzilla over X-Men this Summer?

yeah some said it. There was a club. However aren't both still going to end up kind of close to each other?

X-Men is known to tank but the last 3 movies were meh to be fair.

So it's official after those friday numbers.  Godzilla will not sell more tickets than the 98 version.  I don't get it, I really don't, everything was going great after last weekend. Maybe that Wed drop was the 1st sign.  I did feel X Men would undercut it's legs but not like this. 

So thrilled Grown Ups 2 seemed to be a fluke and Sandler's garbage is back to bombing. Of course the bad news is he's gonna make about 5 more Grown Ups films now that he realizes it's the only way he can make bank. :sick:

Good number for DOFP. I hope by some small chance it can still beat Godzilla's OD, but oh well. It's definitely still a huge return to form for the franchise commercially.

WB and Paramount made an exclusive contract with IMAX.Interstellar, Godzilla, TF4, recently TNMT, etc...

Wait... TMNT IS GETTING IMAX!!!!

Holy shit. I am watching it in IMAX 3D Opening day then. I am way too excited for that movie. I don't even care that Bay is producing, can't wait for the TMNT movie. IMAX is just the cherry on top. 

Also realized that this means that GOTG will only get IMAX for 1 week.

• Like 3

If that -77% Friday number holds for Godzilla, that is just an awful number for a really hyped up summer PG-13 tentpole, competition or no.  Lord have mercy... I hope it can at least beat The Amazing Derp-man 2.

Edited by Ozymandias

Sony wishes TASM2 would tank that hard.

Speaking of Spidey, I wonder what's its Friday number? With the way things are going, it'll be dropping another 50% this weekend.

Ed, dem words in the title :lol: you're asking for it, ain't ya?

I mean it's true. I don't wish bad upon any movie regardless of how I feel about it. I still can't think of anything that would make Godzilla drop hard.