18 members have voted

1. 1. Grade It:

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Fantastic film and very sweet.  Sandler has tried to graduate from his juvenile humour to humour that deals with adult issues like divorce, raising kids, death and so on.  This is that film.  It's very funny along the way but it also has an enormous amount of heart.  I liked the chemistry between Sandler and Barrymore and the supporting cast is good also, especially Terry Crews as an African Barry White type guy.  

This film is paying for Sandler's shitty efforts like JaJ and TMB.  But if he keeps making films like this, he will get back in our good graces.  He might not be a perennial 100 million dollar movie guy but he'll still be able to make us laugh and hopefully continue to produce sweet scripts like this one.  As much as I laughed, I also felt emotion in many parts.  That is why the film gets a A.  

8.5/10

• Like 5

Well, at least there was a plot (unlike the awful Grown Ups 2) and I did smirk a few times. Plus, Sandler and Barrymore still have nice chemistry. Still, there were plenty dumb moments and strangely Terry Crews kind of ruined a couple moments.

**½/*****, (C, 5.2/10, 2/4)