Olive

Official Weekend Estimates: Maleficent - 70M, X-Men - 32.6M, A Million Ways - 17.1M, Godzilla - 12.2M

Watching the great Rth vs Spatula match blow by blow is fascinating. 

Posted Image

I don't know. I'm not reading all of that. I'm just thankful for the numbers they provide. 

• Like 1

I don't know. I'm not reading all of that. I'm just thankful for the numbers they provide.

I agree. As long as I get my numbers and they are fairly accurate, I'm not too caring about the source.
  • Like 1

My co-worker said he saw it and said he wished there was more action in it and less talk.. You folks made it out to be like it was non stop action and sounds like that really wasn't the case..

I haven't heard anyone claim X-Men is all action; on the contrary, it's a breath of fresh air as a tentpole that cares about the characters and story more than the spectacle and action

Watching bits of Pirates 3 and Spider-Man 1 on TV makes me realize just how great they are compared to today's blockbusters #OldManBlank

Since when was Pirates 3 considered good?
  • Like 2

I'm hoping for a supersized explosive weekend on June 13. Come on 22 JS, let's break out.

22 Jump Street is gonna finally break the record Day After Tomorrow has held for way too long; biggest opening at #2

One thing X-Men has going against it is that it's very niche. Might be obvious to say, but when I saw it last night with friends, the only people who enjoyed it were people who had seen the previous X-Men movies. Everyone else was just confused

(Still, they liked it more than Godzilla though :lol:)

Say what you will about the club but there were plenty of naysayers in the thread predicting less than 65%.

Yep, I remember, and now that the numbers are out, they are going to try and spin it as much as they can.

The biggest thing I'm hearing about both DOFP and Godzilla in my unscientific water cooler poll is that there is too much talking and not enough action. 

Well, I can see how that would put off audiences. However, the difference is that the drama in DOFP is good, because the cast is fantastic, as are the characters themselves. Godzilla...the less said, the better. 

• Like 2

One thing X-Men has going against it is that it's very niche. Might be obvious to say, but when I saw it last night with friends, the only people who enjoyed it were people who had seen the previous X-Men movies. Everyone else was just confused

(Still, they liked it more than Godzilla though :lol:)

movie has one bad drop and people start acting like it's Pacific Rim 2.

• Like 3