Olive

Official Weekend Estimates: Maleficent - 70M, X-Men - 32.6M, A Million Ways - 17.1M, Godzilla - 12.2M

Didn't everyone here like Ted?

So why is there so much hate towards Million Ways, especially since most of you haven't seen it?

• Like 1

Didn't everyone here like Ted?So why is there so much hate towards Million Ways, especially since most of you haven't seen it?

I dont get it either. Budget is 40m so its not like its a flop some people just dont like him for some reason. Im seeing it tom looking forward to it
  • Like 1

So why is there so much hate towards Million Ways, especially since most of you haven't seen it?

I loved Ted.

I am meh about A Million Ways. I won't recommend it to anyone. And I don't mind see it underperforming. With a 40M budget, and with OS coming, it will end up making money.

• Like 1

Well, his type of humor can become tiring and annoying fast for a lot of people. And I think maybe actually SEEING him, as the lead, on screen, as opposed to just having him do voice work accentuates the hatred. Maybe? I dunno...

• Like 2

I told him that. He's not making a good argument. Kinda all over the place.

I liked Maleficent, but with a $60m - $70m opening week, $150m is about the biggest milestone it will hit. $200m would be a big shock.

• Like 1

I liked Maleficent, but with a $60m - $70m opening week, $150m is about the biggest milestone it will hit. $200m would be a big shock.

Why would a kids film have a ceiling of less than a 3 multiplier?  If its well received, then a 4X is a good bet.  So 150 is low imo.  200 would not shock me at all.

Why would a kids film have a ceiling of less than a 3 multiplier?  If its well received, then a 4X is a good bet.  So 150 is low imo.  200 would not shock me at all.

Shut up B. That thing needs to disintegrate next weekend. 60% drop is required for my Summer Game  :ph34r:

• Like 2

There seemed to be a strong wave of negativity building towards this movie way before reviews came in.

This.

I really don't understand the fickleness of the box office.  Ted is loved, has a massive multiplier, does well on video and then the next film McFarlane makes, there seems to be jealousy towards him.  So people decide they are going to hate Million Ways before it even comes out.

I don't get it.

Shut up B. That thing needs to disintegrate next weekend. 60% drop is required for my Summer Game  :ph34r:

I agree.  :)

• Like 1

Is it playing like a kids' film, though? I haven't really followed the reception, but early reviews were that it's not THAT kid-friendly.

Is it playing like a kids' film, though? I haven't really followed the reception, but early reviews were that it's not THAT kid-friendly.

I haven't followed it at all, but it's about a fairy tale character.  So it should be a kids film, I think.

Why would a kids film have a ceiling of less than a 3 multiplier? If its well received, then a 4X is a good bet. So 150 is low imo. 200 would not shock me at all.

Yeah 200m is doable but we need to see how it gets affected by HTTYD2.

Yeah 200m is doable but we need to see how it gets affected by HTTYD2.

But other kids films survive each other.  

Even if it had a 45-50% drop that weekend, it should still recover afterwards.

But other kids films survive each other.  

Even if it had a 45-50% drop that weekend, it should still recover afterwards.

Nope. Something must murder it. TF4. Whatever. It needs to die. 

EDIT: It also must somehow have a 60% drop against HTTYD2.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 2

Nope. Something must murder it. TF4. Whatever. It needs to die. 

EDIT: It also must somehow have a 60% drop against HTTYD2.

I'm glad you're into the game this year.  :)

• Like 1