Olive

Weekend #'s FIOS: 48.2, EOT: 29.1

give me a break. even the tourist made 2,6 m. Children will save this. Jolie is a big draw here.

The Tourist opened in early 2011 with huge hype. It was also selling out so many 300+ seats theaters that I had to buy my tickets in advance. It was also a Golden Globe/Oscars movie (I remember the TV Spots hyping the number of noms and saying it was the best movie of the year), those movies even today do good numbers (12 Years a Slave and Wolf both sold around 250000 tickctes this year, but I need to say that The Tourist sold 400000 tickets).

I am not going to discuss this, but Maleficent will be lucky to do 1M in total. Just see the numbers on ICA on Monday. And if you want to discuss this just send me a PM. 

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

Nights like this are annoying at times. A Movie breaks out and is doing huge numbers and before the first night is even over people are saying how front-loaded it's going to be or how much is going to die tomorrow or how the legs will suck. You can't even give it one weekend and give it praise.....you have to knock the s*** out of it right on day one.

• Like 10

Sounds like DOFP is not doing good there at all.  :mellow:

It is doing ok. It was affect by Champions Finale, Portugal's game last Saturday and a huge music festival that killed business on our biggest city. The Wolverine also had Summer weekdays. August is the 2nd biggest month of the year over here.

It is doing ok. It was affect by Champions Finale, Portugal's game last Saturday and a huge music festival that killed business on our biggest city. The Wolverine also had Summer weekdays. August is the 2nd biggest month of the year over here.

Ah, okay. I didn't know all of that. 

Nights like this are annoying at times. A Movie breaks out and is doing huge numbers and before the first night is even over people are saying how front-loaded it's going to be or how much is going to die tomorrow or how the legs will suck. You can't even give it one weekend and give it praise.....you have to knock the s*** out of it right on day one.

I also think that people are underestimating on how much of a date-night film this will be.

• Like 2

Do any of the southern European countries (Portugal, Spain, etc...) have a big movie watching culture though? Maybe its too nice outside to be inside...

Portugal doesn't have. When good weather arrives it kills theaters. Godzilla got very affected by it, and I won't even talk about Peabody's abysmal OW (just 17000 tickets sold, lucky for it, time got worst after that weekend and Easter arrived a few weeks later, and ended with 115000 tickets sold). 

Ah, okay. I didn't know all of that. 

I still never expected it to decrease. At least matching The Wolverine should have been made.

Edited by CJohn

and why is this movie criticized for having so many females that want to see it? Males makeup most of Star Wars.....males makeup most of a lot of movies that do really well. Who cares if its mostly women that want to go see this. Money is money. It all counts the same when it comes out of the cash register.

• Like 7

and why is this movie criticized for having so many females that want to see it? Males makeup most of Star Wars.....males makeup most of a lot of movies that do really well. Who cares if its mostly women that want to go see this. Money is money. It all counts the same when it comes out of the cash register.

I don't have a problem with that at all.

That being said, I will keep a safe distance from hordes of ravening teenaged girls.

• Like 4

I don't have a problem with that at all.

That being said, I will keep a safe distance from hordes of ravening teenaged girls.

Yea I was going to see EoT tonight but the throngs of teenage girls is going to be too much and I decided to wait until a matinee tomorrow...