Olive

Weekend #'s FIOS: 48.2, EOT: 29.1

That character was borderline autistic. But I do like Tom Hollander in almost anything. 

LOL What does that even mean? All I know is that Mr. Collins is supposed to be a piece of ass kissing work.

LOL What does that even mean? All I know is that Mr. Collins is supposed to be a piece of ass kissing work.

He was socially retarded, rambling in monotone and looking at the floor while talking. Awkward guy. 

Huh? She knew he had all of that. How could she not know? Everybody knew? What she didn't know and what was a big surprise to her was that he was a kind man and not the asshole he appeared to be. Yes, she was taken aback by the vastness of his wealth seeing it in real life but she always knew he had it.

But I have to shout out one of my favorite British actors in that movie.  Tom Hollander killed it as Mr. Collins.

Ah, I remember her making fun of him.  Time index 1:40  Terrible half as she said.  Perhaps as you said she underestimated his wealth.

• Founder / Operator

I wonder if Oblivion's blehness hurt EoT.

Great point. I think it may have been another small factor, too.

In terms of emotional resonance, I think the scene with the 2 Xaviers beats this one.  Anyone over 40 knows what it's like to have that heart to hear with yourself, and those under 40 got a sobering preview of what that conversation is like. 

Still, Cap2 >>>>>>>>>>>DOFP.

This. My somewhat biased opinion on the rest of the movie aside, the McAvoy/Stewart scene is one of the most powerful scenes of the entire comic book movie pantheon.

• Like 4

Nothing. USA will still suck and people will move on.

If USA comes from a draw or victory over Ghana, it would mean USA would pass to the next phase of the World Cup. 

OBLIVION was almost "a twist too far" (sorry, been reading Cornelius Ryan) but it pulled back a bit in the second half. Very much a pastiche of many other science-fiction stories, but I still thought it was very entertaining.

about ten seconds into Tom Cruise's opening narration I said out loud "oh, so this is gonna rip-off the twist from MOON?"

• Like 5

Ah, I remember her making fun of him.  Time index 1:40  Terrible half as she said.  Perhaps as you said she underestimated his wealth.

Hey Klingo! I watched that but maybe I'm confused. This is where he's first introduced. I thought you meant when she actually went to his estate and met his sister. I was saying she already knew at that point how wealthy he was.

• Like 1

And USA beats Portugal, my god what would happen here.

I imagine these forums would collapse.I remember the time the US drew with England.Americans were acting as if they won.