Olive

Weekend #'s FIOS: 48.2, EOT: 29.1

Not a big fan of RPGs and Dragon Age 2 sucked. The Witcher 3 looks amazing, tho. 

Dragon Age 2 was a game that had a lot of great ideas and concepts, but EA told Bioware to get that shit done in just over a year's worth of development, so a lot of them ended up half-assed.

The one thing it definitely did better than Dragon Age 1 was party member interactions and development. You got more facetime, more conversations, and more sidequests. Though half the party was either useless or total loony-tunes wacko.

Edited by Numbers the One True King
  • Like 2

Fair enough. The disaster stuff was good too. Kind of an underrated movie if you ask me, I liked it.

Oh, I liked it too - far more than I expected, considering the stories that were being told about it being a huge train wreck. I just wish they had stuck with the original ending, or at least something closer to the nature of the first two acts. 

watching the end of Fargo on channel 4. God, this is like my new favourite thing.

Movie or TV show?

EDIT: Nevermind, saw your Billy Bob Thornton post

Edited by Chewy Tatumwolf

I mean, I really liked DOFP, and I'm sure I'll like Apocalypse. But at some point I'd kinda like an X-Men movie that's about the X-Men I grew up with from the cartoon, y'know? Like, Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Rogue and Gambit hanging out and dealing with some bad guy for two hours.

Well, if they do, indeed, cast younger versions of Cyclops, Jean and Storm, we might have that still. Only with...you know, younger versions.  :P

It was a reward to Andrew Stanton who was king of Pixar at the time. It was his first live action film and it was a big dream of his to make it. Unfortunately he ran over budget. There were some stories circulating around here when it was in production and pre-release.

makes sense. i'm glad they still have enough faith in him to let him direct Finding Dory.

The Debt is starting now. never seen it. but hey, Jessica Chastain.

but on the other hand, sam worthington.

but hey, helen mirren

but on the other hand, Marton Csokas.

Shouldn't Marton Csokas be on the "but hey" list? 

• Like 4

What, WWZ? I hate that third act. It would have been great in a dozen other zombie movies, but not here. You can tell it was re-done. Hell, a former co-worker, who hates background info on films and does not follow their development said "that was NOT the original ending, was it? They re-shot that, cause it's not the same damn movie".

The Wales segment is far far better than the Israel shit segment before it.

Best part is the South Korea stopover.

The Debt is starting now. never seen it. but hey, Jessica Chastain.

but on the other hand, sam worthington.

but hey, helen mirren

but on the other hand, Marton Csokas.

I thought Marton Csokas was very good in it.

The Wales segment is far far better than the Israel shit segment before it.

Best part is the South Korea stopover.

the best part was when that young scientist/doctor/whatever he was dies getting off the plane.

• Like 2