Olive

Weekend #'s FIOS: 48.2, EOT: 29.1

Have we decided on whether Gravity counts as a blockbuster?

Also Iron Man 3. 

Eh, I personally don't Gravity as a blockbuster. Gravity is better than DOFP

Iron Man 3 is mediocre to  good, DOFP easily beats it

I know FIOS is popular but two hours of someone dying just doesn't sound appealing. YMMV

Well, EOT makes 2 hours of someone repeatedly dying over and over really fun to watch. Maybe you should watch that. 

I thought CA was better than DOFP.  :ph34r:

Up until today's rewatch, I had CA over DOFP, but this time, DOFP emotionally resonated with me. The scene

with both Xaviers

has the most emotion of any major Hollywood movie I've seen this year, and the action and plotline are impeccably good

• Like 1

Up until today's rewatch, I had CA over DOFP, but this time, DOFP emotionally resonated with me. The scene

with both Xaviers

has the most emotion of any major Hollywood movie I've seen this year, and the action and plotline are impeccably good

Cap 2 is awesome. DOFP is more awesome.You are now correct.

all cops just got trapped in the sewers. damn it..why Nolan why!

they don't get rescued till Batman opens up the tunnel months later right?

survived on rats or what..

my only grievance with the movie.

#Ed, Mr. Pink, Tele..please help.

nevermind..supplies are being loaded into the sewers for the cops. blink and miss sort of scene.

• Like 2

regardless if the number is 20 or 22 or 25 or 27 how is that possibly a bad number for the movie? That number is actually huge. It puts it on pace for a 50 to 60 million dollar weekend. This is a book that not many of us have heard of before a few posters not even a lot just a few posters here: started hyping up the book. 2 months ago you never would have thought this movie would open that high. So regardless what the Friday number is, its huge.

Gonna be a pompous dick and say I predicted 50M+ OW back in March :D

(this is the rare time I get an opening weekend right so early, okay?)

• Like 6

A preview for next week:

SONY

BOX OFFICE FORUMS

#ED THREADS

SEQUEL FILMS

ShawnMR: Well, I hoped to never see you again.

*Dragon and Jay Beezy get out of a car like a badass*

Jay Beezy: What’s up, dawg?

Dragon: We’re back.

ShawnMR: Members, no one cared about the Jump Street reboot. But the movie got lucky.

*Dragon and Jay Beezy eagerly refresh for numbers updates in a flashback to 21 Jump Street’s opening weekend, when Dragon and Jay Beezy infiltrated the Marvelites in the Avengers thread*

ShawnMR: So now this moderation department has invested a lot of projections to make sure Jump Street keeps going.

*Dragon and Jay Beezy shoot off guns while grabbing their avatars.*

ShawnMR: The only problem is re-releases never make more money so we decided to start predicting for a sequel, 22 Jump Street.

NEXT WEEKEND

CJohn: You two sons of bitches are going to the Batman v Superman thread.

*Meme battles occur in the Batman v Superman thread.*

Dragon: OH, SO TIGHT!

*Dragon sets up the room with awesome DC stuff*

Jay Beezy: We’ll go around our posts and DC fanboy arguments, ask around about the virus, find out who the spammer is.

*An argument over Superman destroying Metropolis occurs*

Dragon: You don’t have to do this, man. I just don’t want you getting hurt.

Jay Beezy: I’m not gonna get hurt.

*A montage of Jay Beezy getting hurt occurs through arguments about Man of Steel, ending with Jay Beezy getting tacked by grim22*

Jay Beezy: Aghhhh… he broke my conviction.

JAY BEEZY

*Montage including Jay Beezy walking down the hallway as a goth avatar. An octopus gif attacks him*

Jay Beezy: AGH! It’s inking on my hands!!

DRAGON

Dragon: We’re like a power couple.

Jay Beezy: We’re Sam and BKB. You’re a funny poster. Sometimes you’re bolder than I’d like you to be.

*Dragon hits Jay Beezy with a pillow through another montage until Jay Beezy and Dragon are driving a go-kart shaped like Batman’s cowl.*

Jay Beezy: Look out!

*An over the top action scene occurs and Jay Beezy falls off to the side of a thread*

Jay Beezy: AHHHH!

*Thread is deleted*

CJohn: We predict Jump Street, and we about to jump in your thread.

Dragon: Mm-hm

Jay Beezy: Right in the posts.

22 JUMP STREET OPENING WEEKEND

Dragon: We need an expert to consult.

CoolioD1: Ho!

Jay Beezy: Listen, Coolio, I should apologize for…

CoolioD1: Not liking my posts? Well, don’t sweat it. They gave me a kid to spam for likes. Hey, guess what? I’m Tarzan’s bitch.

Captain Jack Sparrow: My name’s not Tarzan.

CoolioD1: YES, IT IS. YOU OWN THAT LOINCLOTH! Oh my god.

Dragon: Hey, Jack.

NEXT WEEKEND

We holding it down,Jay.

Posted Image

• Like 1

Gonna be a pompous dick and say I predicted 50M+ OW back in March :D (this is the rare time I get an opening weekend right so early, okay?)

You swing that box office predicting dick around with pride.If you called it in March, you earned your gloating period.
  • Like 5

First of all, RTH is always more accurate than Nikki and secondly of course this is going to be frontloaded.  Two months ago, did anyone here, except maybe Blankments, think this would do 3 mill at midnight let alone 8?

Liked for the shoutout ;)

• Like 1