Olive

Weekend Est: 22JUMP 60.0M| HTTYD2 50.0M|Male 19.0M|EOT 16.1M|Fault 15.7M|DOFP 9.5M

I think you're suggesting that making a sequel to How To Train Your Dragon was an obvious mistake and that Hollywood should've known better.I...respectfully disagree...Hollywood made a sequel to a loved film, and they did something that makes sense. That this is t living up to expectations...does not mean this was obviously a bad decision.This is a post you should save for The Croods 2. Not this film.

It is a beloved film, but what I'm saying is...did people adore the characters to such an extent that they are willing to pay to see them again? Look, regardless of the quality of the films, I remember when Hangover came out and audiences were crazy about the Wolf Pack. I remember when Shrek came out and people were crazy about him and Fiona. But as awesome as HTTYD was, do people even remember the characters' names? I can honestly tell you that I LOVED Dragon 1, and it was a sweet, enjoyable experience, and I don't even remember the characters' names. The only thing I vividly remember is that the girl was voice-played by America Ferrera (and I only rememebr that because I ADORE Ms.Ferrera's show Ugly Betty). All I'm saying is that a film overall can be beloved and it doesn't mean that audiences are clamoring to see "the further adventures of so-and-so."
  • Like 3

Strong hold for Maleficent. 200M should happen now and probably finishes around 220M. Angelina continues to be one of the biggest stars.  :D

Though I hate the movie, that is undeniable. UNDENIABLE.

• Like 2

They'do be perfect for a Shazam movie. Come on Warner Brothers, if your so scared of using characters not named Batman or Superman, actually get some "good" directors to tackle other characters. Phil Lord and Chris Miller would be a start.

I'd be a mixture of elated and pissed if they're doing SHAZAM. Elated because they're perfect for the property; pissed because I have them doing SHAZAM in CAYOM, and it'd be kinda awk if they were doing it in RL too

• Like 1

Really good for 22JS and just average to disappointing for Dragon.  I do think it will have great legs but still with the lack of family competition that number should have been bigger.

Good holds for spots 3-5, and yes I'm including TFIOS if that 60%ish drop holds.  Considering the fan base that could have been MUCH worse.  I was honestly expecting somewhere around 75.  

• Like 3