Olive

Weekend Est: 22JUMP 60.0M| HTTYD2 50.0M|Male 19.0M|EOT 16.1M|Fault 15.7M|DOFP 9.5M

FLOP? lol The only flop here is your post.

You clearly can not read English. do you ?I wrote DWA had flops after flops. (Of course they did, Turbo, Perbody). did I say Dragon 2 is a flop ? I just said it underfperformed, which of course is true.So shut your mouth up when you can not get other people's posts right.

So New York Times got it right: "Dragon 2 is considerably darker and more self-aware than its forerunner. Both films are speedier than the average animated blockbuster. In places, Dragon 2 is almost too fast to keep up with, and, in other places, it’s a little too dark, at least in 3-D." Apprarently Dragon 2 is too dark for kids. And its pacing is too faster for GA to follow. In other words, it is too good and smart an animated film that it underperforms.

AND here comes Firedeep with an idiotic statement. 

So New York Times got it right: "Dragon 2 is considerably darker and more self-aware than its forerunner. Both films are speedier than the average animated blockbuster. In places, Dragon 2 is almost too fast to keep up with, and, in other places, it’s a little too dark, at least in 3-D." Apprarently Dragon 2 is too dark for kids. And its pacing is too faster for GA to follow. In other words, it is too good and smart an animated film that it underperforms.

I don't think any of that was evident in the ads or trailers which made it look very light and comical so it wouldn't affect opening weekend. 

I'm surprised it didn't open better since when I saw it in theaters the trailer got a huge reaction - better than DOFP or ASM2.  Personally I was underwhelmed. The trailer made it seem less charming and heartfelt and more jokey.  They should have done much more advertising along the lines of the superlative teaser.

Audiences are ridiculous. I understood the low opening of the original Dragon, but its legs made me sure that people recognized how great it was. So what's the goddamn problem now? Remember when I said the 5X multipilier for this is impossible, well, fuck that. I want my fucking 300m domestic.

Audiences are fickle, darling

You clearly can not read English. do you ?I wrote DWA had flops after flops. (Of course they did, Turbo, Perbody). did I say Dragon 2 is a flop ? I just said it underfperformed, which of course is true.So shut your mouth up when you can not get other people's posts right.

Uh really? Where are you from again? China? lol You must know English so well you cannot even write the word 'cannot' properly.

Underperformed? lol. The first opened with 43.7 M. Yeah, you are good at reading stats too.

It's you who should shut up. You bring nothing to this world but negativity. And tell your leader to stop claiming OUR islands. You greedy nation.

• Like 1

Too dark? 

The first Harry Potter movie is a lot darker than HTTYD2 and that became an enormous hit with kids.

This "too dark" complaint is annoying. Kids can handle a lot of things. 

• Like 10

It could also be the show. I remember cleaning a 3D theater one day and some kids were telling their parents how they wanted to see HTTYD2, the parents questioned them why because they could just watch it on TV. The kids still wanted to see it regardless but I wonder if that was more than an isolated incident.

Actually, even though I used the show as a positive in my over 300M club, I did always think of it as a possible negative. Why? Because Jay Baruchel and America Ferrera actually voice on the show, and when I originally followed the show, I quit after the first eight episodes because I knew it'd make the new movie less of an event.

Also, the writing kinda sucked

So we did let our love for these franchises inflate our predictions. It is a fact. Both are seeing very good increases from their predecessors, and yet, both are seen as disappointing openings. 

No one has been seriously calling 22 Jump Street a disappointing opening

• Like 1