#ED

Wknd Est: TLM2 - 30M, 22JS - 29M, HTTYD - 25.3M, JB - 13.5, [DOFP - 6.2M]

Overall, it looks like a pretty good Saturday all around. TLAM2 dropped less than I expected. It's about flat with the non-preview Friday, right? JB is looking really close to Rock of Ages at this point. Meanwhile, I spent some time this evening listening to the Thor soundtrack and getting some productive writing in. I need to watch Thor again.

Musicals are dead in the water at this point.At least grown up musicals.and Thor is underrated IMO.Easily in the top four MCU films.
  • Like 1

He's in Indiana. Nothing else to do there besides post and like.

I wish hat been in kidneys this payee weekIf I wad in Kansas insured if Asshat McBitch, my self eaten would be a lot Hogue than is crucial looseness and in of depression
  • Like 1

If EoT gets to $100 million I'm really looking forward to the Emily Blunt gif parade as a celebratory reaction.

Actually lets do that even if it doesn't hit $100 million.

Edited by Mango
  • Like 2

I wish hat been in kidneys this payee weekIf I wad in Kansas insured if Asshat McBitch, my self eaten would be a lot Hogue than is crucial looseness and in of depression

Y out, people. Cuz Blemkls,emts ud st it adain. an you onderstamd wothout ytaing Goggle Trasnlate?

If EoT gets to $100 million I'm really looking forward to the Emily Blunt gif parade as a celebratory reaction.

Actually lets do that even if it doesn't hit $100 million.

Posted Image

You have my attention

• Like 5

Musicals are dead in the water at this point.At least grown up musicals.and Thor is underrated IMO.Easily in the top four MCU films.

Eh, I don't think they're DOA, but the summer placement is probably not good for them. Even so, JB only cost $40m to produce and it could hit that mark DOM, so it's probably going to break even. There needs to be intelligence in the production of the musical. In most cases, it doesn't make sense to break the bank because the audience isn't super wide. For most, you're probably looking at some modest box office returns, which means you need modest budgets.

Into the Woods will be interesting to see, although it may only end up with Sweeney Todd numbers: solid, not great.

However, for the uber musicals, the really big ones, there is still a huge upside. Les Miz did fantastic business. Wicked, when it comes out, will probably hit about that mark as well.

• Like 1