#ED

Wknd Est: TLM2 - 30M, 22JS - 29M, HTTYD - 25.3M, JB - 13.5, [DOFP - 6.2M]

Everyone talks about themselves, even when they project their feelings on a group of people. Psych 101. ;)

I just don't see Ando having a victim's mentality. I see it just the opposite. He has the savior mentality.

I do. When you blame problems on a vast conspiracy when there obviously isn't one, you're playing the victim. "I'm being persecuted! I'm being oppressed!"

There is real racial stuff going on out there. There is real oppression going on. And I'm pretty sure the people in those situations, are not thinking there aren't enough serious films for them out there. It just downplays the reality of real racial and class injustice and it pisses me off. :angry:

Now back to your regularly scheduled off topic conversation. ;)

I'm not sure if the movie industry executives know this or not, but the #1 role model African-Americans look up to in America is Barack / Michelle Obama.  They voted for them in stunning numbers.  And The Obamas are as freakin' intellectual, Ivy-Leagued educated as it gets.  African-Americans generally love them and the fact that they made it to The White House.  But the movie industry has a perception that African-American audiences in America are very "anti-intellectual" and just like lots of really dumb, low-brow comedies or low-brow action movies.  If you pretty much just make really dumb movies, then that is all that they will see, because that is all that there is for them to see (starring African-Americans as the main character/protagonist, that is).  The idea that this audience is completely "anti-intellectual" is wrong.

Boy, this thread has derailed big time. :blink:

Posted Image

There are several different convos going on at once. We venture off the path and then it all comes together when numbers arrive. :lol:

True. Still you gotta feel pretty bad for him. The 4 shows he's done since Frasier have all been cancelled.

At least he's in in the next Transformers movie (not that it'll help his career, being in a Transformers movie did wonders for Patrick Dempsey's career after all).

Kelsey Grammer has a role in THINK LIKE A MAN TOO, actually.

So... is the Man of Steel argument started yet? This thread can go either way at this point so everything is possible. 

1. The Avengers

2. Iron Man 3

3. Captain America: The First Avenger

4. Thor

5. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

6. Thor: The Dark World

• Like 2

1. The Avengers

2. Iron Man 3

4. Thor

Fuck you!

1. IM

2. TWS

3. TA

The rest can go jump off a cliff, with Feige in tow.

1. The Avengers

2. Iron Man 3

4. Thor

What? The Winter Soldier under The First Avenger? That is so wrong.

• Like 2