#ED

Wknd Est: TLM2 - 30M, 22JS - 29M, HTTYD - 25.3M, JB - 13.5, [DOFP - 6.2M]

Nope.  The more intelligent / acclaimed movies get fewer screens.  They are not usually the wide releases with 2,500 or so screens.  The more intelligent ones tend to get / generally get 500, 1000, or maybe 1500 screens.  Putting them on fewer screens and giving them small budgets makes a statement that people should care about them less.  Let's see the movie industry put a movie starring an African-American in an intelligent film like The Hunger Games, with a gigantic budget and 3,700 screens.

The Butler got more screens than Ride Along or Think Like a Man, just saying.

• Like 1

Yeah, boy. I'll be fucking so much my dick falls off. My nuts will look raisins when I stop, because I've been fucking so much.

Remember. A girl needs a little plesure also...

I'm not even sure if you could even call it that.

I do. When you blame problems on a vast conspiracy when there obviously isn't one, you're playing the victim. "I'm being persecuted! I'm being oppressed!"

There is real racial stuff going on out there. There is real oppression going on. And I'm pretty sure the people in those situations, are not thinking there aren't enough serious films for them out there. It just downplays the reality of real racial and class injustice and it pisses me off. :angry:

Now back to your regularly scheduled off topic conversation. ;)

I do. When you blame problems on a vast conspiracy when there obviously isn't one, you're playing the victim. "I'm being persecuted! I'm being oppressed!"

There is real racial stuff going on out there. There is real oppression going on. And I'm pretty sure the people in those situations, are not thinking there aren't enough serious films for them out there. It just downplays the reality of real racial and class injustice and it pisses me off. :angry:

Now back to your regularly scheduled off topic conversation. ;)

But he's not talking about himself. So I don't think it's a victim mentality. He went on a similar rant against TOW.

Edited by ECSTASY

But he's not talking about himself. So I don't think it's a victim mentality. He went on a similar rant against TOW.

Everyone talks about themselves, even when they project their feelings on a group of people. Psych 101. ;)