Blackout

Monday Actuals: 22JS 3.64, Dragon 3.12, TLAM2 2.48, Malef 1.75, JB 1.47, FIOS 1.43, EoT 1.2, DOFP 0.792

Saw The Wind Rises today. It's unlike any of his films, but such a fitting final film for him. The last scene was so emotionally powerful that it forces me to not give it anything lower than an A.The man is such a visionary storyteller.

i haven't watched any of his anims, I will try to find time for them. I have only read good things about them.
  • Like 1

Saw The Wind Rises today. It's unlike any of his films, but such a fitting final film for him. The last scene was so emotionally powerful that it forces me to not give it anything lower than an A.The man is such a visionary storyteller.

One of the most beautiful films I've seen, both visually and thematically. Can't wait to watch it again on Blu-Ray.
  • Like 2

It's really unknown if The Wind Rises is Miyazaki's last film. He's announced his retirement a few times in the past as well.

All I know is that he will be still be working on scripts and producing films for Ghibli, as well as some short films.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

One of the most beautiful films I've seen, both visually and thematically. Can't wait to watch it again on Blu-Ray.

It's visually striking, but not even close to being one of the most beautiful films of all time. His other films, particularly Spirited Away, had better animation.But it was still pretty.
  • Like 1

It wasnt just the animation alone but the visuals, the music, the thematic stuff and the bittersweet atmosphere put together that made it so beautiful to me that I actually got emotional at a few points.I agree, it's not as well animated as some of his other films.

Really?Tarantino wrote and directed Reservoir Dogs and Besson wrote and directed Fifth Element. Black had a supporting role in Predator, and I'm guessing he did some uncredited work on the script? But he didn't direct it.Getting Black to direct a reboot of Predator is more like getting Tim Roth to reboot Reservoir Dogs and Chris Tucker to reboot Fifth Element.

You're right, I forgot he didn't write it. But in a way that's even worse. The original is pretty "Blackian" already. This just seems completely pointless to me.

• Like 1

Cruella could be A LOT of fun.Helen Mirren as Cruella!

Not a bad choice. Could be interesting to see Mirren play a full out villain (I know she's played antagonists before). Though I imagine Disney probably wants someone younger.

• Like 1