CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

In addition this 4th installment in the lucrative Transformer franchise started the weekend with $30M Internationally for a worldwide total of $38.7M – placing #1 in all 22 early-releasing foreign territories. Key highlights included Russia with a massive $5.5M opening day, second biggest of all time and biggest opening day of 2014 and +15% above Transformers 3. China set a record for midnight previews with a $3.5M bow Thursday, no doubt because a significant part of the movie takes place there. (Fanboys and reviewers alike are complaining about the "very obvious placement" of Chinese products.) The film opens in 37 overseas markets this weekend, representing 60% of global including Australia, Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong. http://nikkifinke.com/transformers-age-extinction-starts-weekend-worldwide/

Nice, indeed. It will be interesting to see the major markets releasing in early and mid-July - if there will be drops and if so, how big will they be, compared to TF3.

Yeah, I'd prefer more accurate predictions/ranges later rather than projected ranges with several hours of showtimes remaining. 

And hopefully Transformers misses $40 million OD, or better yet, misses Godzilla's OD record for the year thus far. :P

Edited by Corpse
  • Like 1

Look y'all no matter whut happen, Mockingjay gon' destroy errthang this year.

Look, we've already got enough Australians trying to be ghetto, her name is I-G-G-Y Azalea.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

Even though the preview numbers were weak, I was thinking to myself that this would be even moreso a walk-up than the last transformers films, and I was thinking a $40M OD, and unfortunately, it seems like I am right.

• Like 1

Nice to see that finally people are getting bored of the TF crapfest. TF was ok, TF 2 was bad, TF3 was unwatchable, can't imagine how bad TF4 must be. It's still gonna make tons of money, but good to see it missing 300m. Apes to win the summer?

Well, let's hold the train on that 300m thing, yeh? And if it does miss that mark, it should still see 250 or so. Which is a tall order for Apes.

• Like 1

Your just horny 24/7...then again I guess so am I to an extent

Well, I'm not always like this, but the past week...shit, I get hard just from a slight breeze. I dunno what the fuck is up with me.

• Like 2