CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

LOL Nolan so wants to be this guy...lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Cameronhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Cameron.

A film maker who has  never dropped the ball. Has the record for the deepest one manned sub made of his own design.

Over 200+ film awards and  has eanred life time achievement awards before 50.  The only director with back to back worldbreakers that cannot be  beat anytime soon.

Bow DOWN Nolanites.  Bow to the King!!1

• Like 1

On Inside Llewyn Davis:

he deserved everything he got.

The guy was in a genuinely shitty situation yet maintained a snobby and difficult attitude all the way through. Sometimes compromises have to be done even if it doesnt match your "artistic integrity". Like, I cant blame the record producer for turning him down (why the fuck did Llewyn chopse that totally unappealing song?) cause you are indeed done if your shit doesnt connect with people.

And I dont think he was an exteaordinary talent either.

He wasn't. That's the point. Anyone in that situation -- talented enough to conceivably make it -- has to at some point confront their hopes and expectations with reality. And it can be crushing. The only way to even get to that point is to have absolute confidence and belief in yourself, no matter what happens, and the process of slowly reversing that and "moving on" can be slow, awkward, and painful.

• Like 6

On Inside Llewyn Davis:he deserved everything he got.The guy was in a genuinely shitty situation yet maintained a snobby and difficult attitude all the way through. Sometimes compromises have to be done even if it doesnt match your "artistic integrity". Like, I cant blame the record producer for turning him down (why the fuck did Llewyn chopse that totally unappealing song?) cause you are indeed done if your shit doesnt connect with people.And I dont think he was an extraordinary talent either.

It was a great depiction of nihilistic/fatalistic cinema. Davis makes terrible decisions based on his arrogance, pride, and overvalued sense of ability, which puts him in a hole. And then, when he decides to reevaluate his life and make steps in a right direction, Life just slaps him down with a sledgehammer.

• Like 6

He wasn't. That's the point. Anyone in that situation -- talented enough to conceivably make it -- has to at some point confront their hopes and expectations with reality. And it can be crushing. The only way to even get to that point is to have absolute confidence and belief in yourself, no matter what happens, and the process of slowly reversing that and "moving on" can be slow, awkward, and painful.

But that is where Successful greats do, where failures in the business wont Tele.. :) Wit a little help from LOA in many a case.  Found howard Stern also has long been a trancendal meditation / LOA empowered guy...Explains his climbing networth

I think in the entertainment industry you need to work hard and definitely believe in yourself, dont have too many plan bs and cs/

• Like 1

Ahem... God's going to sit this one out CHD... :ph34r:

To 100M OW and beyond!!

I would bet money actuals are below 100m, an 18% drop for Trans4mers is unrealistic, they just want good press.

Edited by The Panda
  • Like 2

You know, if you combined my likes with Coolio's likes, it still wouldn't be as many as Tele. good god

Three against one are better odds.

A friend taught me that.

Posted Image

• Like 9

But that is where Successful greats do, where failures in the business wont Tele.. :) Wit a little help from LOA in many a case.  Found howard Stern also has long been a trancendal meditation / LOA empowered guy...Explains his climbing networth

I think in the entertainment industry you need to work hard and definitely believe in yourself, dont have too many plan bs and cs/

I'm talking about INSIDE LLEWYN DAVIS...

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 11

It was a great depiction of nihilistic/fatalistic cinema. Davis makes terrible decisions based on his arrogance, pride, and overvalued sense of ability, which puts him in a hole. And then, when he decides to reevaluate his life and make steps in a right direction, Life just slaps him down with a sledgehammer.

Yeah. What makes ILD different from A Serious Man which has similar elements is that Llewyn Davis is actively fucking up his life and gets punished, while the character in ASM is a passive and seemingly harmless guy who just gets the Wrath of God on him (though he did accept that bribe from the Asian kid)

Edited by Jack Nevada hates movies

I would bet money actuals are below 100m, an 18% drop for Trans4mers is unrealistic, they just want good press.

Or not.. I could say the same for Disney putting money into Mals BO to save face as most says its a horrid film and its audience should be totally destroyed by Transformers, DOFP, 22Jump and Dragon 2, yet it miracoulsly continues to strive...

LOL.. Bottomline is Optimus Prime does what other franchises dont...He finds a way to keep pulling in almighty cheddar at the BO.. This one may surpass part 3 as the top dog of the franchise.

Give Transformers and Bay their due :)

• Like 1