CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

Yes, and on the other hand it actually showed Bay's in-abilities IMO. Bay's good at consistently throwing entertainment (action, humor etc. Whether you like it or not is another issue) at you, but The Island got a quite unique story comparing to Bay's other works, and it needs to be slow at the 1st half to build the tension so the 2nd half could pay off. Bay didnt try self-breakthrough and instead he did what he usually does, aka quick-cut, unsubtle framing and dialogue, and that just drove away all the elments that's critical to build the tension. Bay clearly didn't think of the 1st half as a device to make the 2nd half work. He just viewed it as a chapter that the audience should be entertained, like he always thought. As a result, the 1st half wasn't that entertaining, and the 2nd half didn't get justified, and I think that's why it bombed at the boxoffice and got slammed by the critics despite having a much deeper story than Bay's usual works.

But still, I think it's a enjoyable movie with a cool story and I liked it much more than Bad Boys and Armageddon.

The beginning was decent, but it got better once Lincoln and Jordan escaped the clone area.

Edited by Fancyarcher

Why should it be explained?

Lindelof 'asks questions' and leaves things ambiguous because he doesn't have the balls to wrap things up in a definitive way. The reason is for that is because he doesn't know how to do it. He does it to hide the fact that he's a shit storyteller who wouldn't have a clue where anything is going.

Lindelof 'asks questions' and leaves things ambiguous because he doesn't have the balls to wrap things up in a definitive way. The reason is for that is because he doesn't know how to do it. He does it to hide the fact that he's a shit storyteller who wouldn't have a clue where anything is going.

Well, first of all, I disagree entirely. But secondly, eh premise of this show isn't tied into any mystery about what happened. Basically, the Rapture happened. So why try to tie it into some big reveal when that's basically not the point of the show? We're you bothered that CHILDREN OF MEN basically didn't explain why no children are being born anymore? This is the same thing.
  • Like 4

What do you mean "point of no return"?It's so good you can't stop watching?

I guess what I mean is that, at that point, you're either in, or it's not going to hook you. A lot of people mentioning the 3rd episode in their reviews.

• Like 2

I guess what I mean is that, at that point, you're either in, or it's not going to hook you. A lot of people mentioning the 3rd episode in their reviews.

Que!?

Well, first of all, I disagree entirely. But secondly, eh premise of this show isn't tied into any mystery about what happened. Basically, the Rapture happened. So why try to tie it into some big reveal when that's basically not the point of the show? We're you bothered that CHILDREN OF MEN basically didn't explain why no children are being born anymore? This is the same thing.

That's why he's attracted to that show. He doesn't have to provide an answer because most people hate it when he tries. He's got this thing going on where his mother was religious and his father was an atheist and everything he does seems to mix these two things together without offering any kind of resolution or answer. Either he can't make his mind up or he's too frightened to upset half his audience with an answer. It grows tiresome. He Edited by Magic

Why should it be explained?

That would be the ultimate blue balls.The concept is interesting because of the unexplained but what keeps you coming back week after week are the slowly uncovered hints and clues and hopefully some answers.

The departure terminals in the airport must be the saddest places on earth. Everyone looks like they are about to burst into tears saying goodbye to family. Coincidentally the arrival terminals are probably the happiest places.

• Like 1

I know it's not Lost. That exactly why he's attracted to the project. He knows most people hate his crappy lost ending so he sought out a project where he didn't have to provide one. Prometheus was the same. They were even advertising the blu ray by saying it would answer questions about the film and it didn't.

Edited by Magic

The departure terminals in the airport must be the saddest places on earth. Everyone looks like they are about to burst into tears saying goodbye to family. Coincidentally the arrival terminals are probably the happiest places.

Sometimes it can be the opposite like say it's really cold where you live and you leave to go someplace warm