CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

Where are people getting that this movie is 3 hours long?  It's not.

They are rounding it up. Why i don't know 

2 hours and 45 minutes. Subtract 10 minutes for end credits, but add 20 minutes for trailers in front of the movie. From the start of a showtime to the point when people leave as the end credits start, that's 2 hours and 55 minutes. Pretty damn close to a 3 hour ordeal to watch this in a theater.

A cookie for Red!

What we do is take the running time that we are given, in this case 166 minutes, and round up to the nearest 5 which would be 170, then add 10 minutes for trailers.  180m.  

So while the movie may not be 3 hours long, the entire "event" will last longer than 3 hours.

• Like 1

http://moviecitynews...e-estimates-43/

Snowpiercer

38,500 / 8

About the same total as Begin Again but even though it was 8 vs 5 theaters it played on fewer screens and in some of the smaller theaters (no Arclight or Landmark in LA).

Also Debuting        
Ek Villain 0.16 104    
Punjab 1984 71,000 58    
Begin Again 38,700 5    
Snowpiercer 38,500 8    
Autonagar Surya 35,800 77    
They Came Together 26,500 27    
The Breakup Guru 16,500 12    
America 12,350 3    
Yves Saint Laurent 6,950 2    
Whitey: USA v. James J. Bolger 3,900 3    
The Internet's Own Boy 3,300 7    
La Bare 3,300 7    
Living is Easy with Eyes Closed 3,000 1    
Siddharth 1,500 1    
Radio Free Albemuth 1,450 8    
My Illegal Wife 1,110 1    

• Like 1

A cookie for Red!

What we do is take the running time that we are given, in this case 166 minutes, and round up to the nearest 5 which would be 170, then add 10 minutes for trailers.  180m.  

So while the movie may not be 3 hours long, the entire "event" will last longer than 3 hours.

10 minutes for trailers.  I wish.  The last several times I went to the movies I saw 8-10 trailers (not including the previews and ads) for  20-25 min

• Like 2

10 minutes for trailers. I wish. The last several times I went to the movies I saw 8-10 trailers (not including the previews and ads) for 20-25 min

Goddamn, I get max. four trailers and a Subway ad.

Everyone already knew that though, irrelevant when Asians love his type of movies.

That comment is so unfair. Great movies also did well in Asian markets. They just love Blockbusters just like you Americans.

The last time I checked, ROTF made half of it's WW gross in the US. Stop blaming the world when you're just as guilty.

For the record, EOT has made more money than TASM2 in SK and made very decent money in China, maybe you Americans should take the note.

• Like 3