CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

For a series like TF, a summer Wed OD or a summer Fri OD does not make much difference. Fans will rush out on OD no matter what the day, especially during summer holidays.

If that's the case then TF4 should make around 340m. Yeah...it's going to struggle to make 100m less than that. I keep repeating the fact that this is the first TF film to open on a Friday. When a film opens on a Wed(or Tues), the opening gross is spread out over five to six days rather than compressed into three. Hence why a Friday opener invariably opens much higher than a Wed. So many films bear this fact out. I would think this is common knowledge on here by now.

I will be seeing transformers again on Wednesday with 8 of my friends. Hopefully I enjoy it more this time. Maybe I was tired maybe I wasn't in the right frame of mind or maybe it really just does suck as much as I thought it did the first time. So we will see. I'm glad it opened fairly well and of course it was going to drop from the third one as this is a completely new story. I'm surprised AA is beating that drum.

• Like 1

FTFY.

TF3 opened on a Wed. This is a sizable drop, not just a "bit lower". ;)

Critics hate it, so does everyone else but the very minority, 4th film of the most hated franchise with no original casts.

I'll take that damn number and run.

Just because there hasn't been a big surprise blockbuster doesn't mean it's a "shitty" year. Things always looked off with this summer, between the odd scheduling and the lack of a single "oh my god I just HAVE to see that" title. Winter already looks booming (Mockingjay, Interstellar, Big Hero 6, The Hobbit, Penguins of Madagascar, Annie, and probably Night at the Museum 3 are all basically locked for at least $100M, and there are a bunch of other titles with strong potential too), plus I think Gone Girl could be big if everything comes together.

I doubt any of those hit 200m other than Mockinjay, Interstellar, and the Hobbit, of which the latter two probably don't make 300m.

Not "shitty," just lackluster like I said. Shitty would be something like winter 2011.

I will be seeing transformers again on Wednesday with 8 of my friends. Hopefully I enjoy it more this time. Maybe I was tired maybe I wasn't in the right frame of mind or maybe it really just does suck as much as I thought it did the first time. So we will see. I'm glad it opened fairly well and of course it was going to drop from the third one as this is a completely new story. I'm surprised AA is beating that drum.

I'm just attempting to inject some reality here. TF4 opening on a Friday to 6m more than TASM(which opened on a Wed) is not impressive. It's going to drop worse from TF3 than TASM did from SM3(which made less than TF3...unadjusted).

Edited by Accursed Arachnid!™

Sorry to hear that you don't like it though I kind of expected it. You hate Godzilla after all.

Transformers fans on the TF board seem to enjoy it much more than GA so maybe TF4 was meant for people who prefer the Transformers-centric movie.

Sorry to hear that you don't like it though I kind of expected it. You hate Godzilla after all. Transformers fans on the TF board seem to enjoy it much more than GA so maybe TF4 was meant for people who prefer the Transformers-centric movie.

I love all three Transformers films.