#ED

Wknd "Paramount Actuals": TF4 -100.04M | RTH Favorite Radio Station - 97.5 FM [Actuals pg 11]

Im almost more annoyed at Deadline for coming off so dickish then by Paramount fudging. 

Since there is no spine in the guy running Box Office Mojo (aka THE historical record when it comes to box office numbers), I don't mind Deadline's antics at all. Someone needs to stand up to it.

• Like 8

It just kind of figures that of all the $90 million openers, this would be the one that opens close enough to be fudged. If this were at $91-95 million it would be way too much to fudge.

It's hilarious regardless.

• Like 3

Pardon my ignorance but are box office grosses tracked (decided?) by studios? Is there no independent tracking system like Soundscan for music sales?

There is, that's why people are getting pissed.

But is it not official? I mean, no music studio can claim that album X sold 3m copies if Soundscan states it has sold 2.9 million.

Most studios use it but it's technically not official.

Even before that. She went hard on John Carter and threatened to post all these figures for the budget that she had. But of course she never did, lol. She's such an extortionist I wonder if Disney ended up paying her off, lol.

It sounds like something that they would do, but they probably didn't. She knew not to go too far with Disney. They do like to sue.

Edited by Walt Disney
  • Like 1