#ED

Monday Actuals: Transformers - 10.5M

I just saw Maleficent. I don't know what the hell I just watched. Perhaps one of the worst movies of summer. Man how weird and sad is it that the best movie I've seen so far this summer is Fault in Our Stars and chef. Every single major blockbuster that I have seen with the exception of X Men has either been disappointing or just ok.

Toldja. I don't understand why you did this to yourself. 

• Like 4

I have so many problems with Wicked's plot but the biggest is that the Wicked witch never becomes wicked because the playwriter didn't have enough balls to make a play where the main character ends up evil.

I have heard that Frozen is basically an adaptation of Wicked.

I have so many problems with Wicked's plot but the biggest is that the Wicked witch never becomes wicked because the playwriter didn't have enough balls to make a play where the main character ends up evil.

That sounds like a movie I saw......*coughMaleficentcough* 

• Like 1

I just saw Maleficent. I don't know what the hell I just watched. Perhaps one of the worst movies of summer. Man how weird and sad is it that the best movie I've seen so far this summer is Fault in Our Stars and chef. Every single major blockbuster that I have seen with the exception of X Men has either been disappointing or just ok.

What did you think of the master in it?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Pure beauty I'm crying

• Like 4

Because Robert Stromberg worked on all three.

Such a hack really. The CGI is awful and plastic.

Shoe-in for the Academy Award though.

I hear they are hiring him to direct the live action adaptation of the Lion King. Sharlto Copley tripling up as Simba, Mufasa and Scar with Miley Cyrus playing Pumbaa. Can you say BEST PICTURE? I think so. Avatar's time is up.

• Like 1

I hear they are revising the rules for best animated movie too. :rolleyes: Copley has no shame.

He doesn't need to have shame. He is beautiful

Now that you mention it... you know what would've made Shame better? GAWD DUKE COPLEY

• Like 2

Monsters vs. Aliens? It's passably enjoyable but mostly forgettable. There's a lot of missed opportunity. A lot of the jokes are just sorta inserted into it with little rhyme or reason. I assume because they cut very well as pieces of the trailer. I might do a writeup on how I'd have changed it so it would actually be good and fulfill its potential.E.T.? It's pretty great. Not my favorite Spielberg film, but all around solid. I do kinda miss that sort of heartwarming entertainment as a big summer blockbuster.

MvsA. People never talk about that movie so I was curious about your opnion. I think it's the funniest Dreamworks animation.
  • Like 1

Too little recognition. The man needs to be nominated for Actress and Supporting Actress as well. And maybe Best Sound Mixing. Even that's an understatement of his undeniable talent

HAIL COPLEY

I think you're crossing the line into spam now.

Posted Image

:P

• Like 2

If anything Maleficent is more an adaptation of Wicked. Frozen is nothing like Wicked. :lol:

Yeah Frozen actually had thought put into the plot, I lost my suspension of disbelief in Wicked a couple scenes in because it keeps trying to tie itself into TWoZ only to have that very tie in be an inconsistency.
  • Like 1

They're both big budget spectacles that most knowledgeable people about the mediums hate and general audiences mindlessly eat up.

So I guess Maleficent is the merging of Wicked and Transformers? Makes sense.

They're both big budget spectacles that most knowledgeable people about the mediums hate and general audiences mindlessly eat up.

Wickformers.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1