Water Bottle

2012-2013 Pilot Watch

• Community Manager

What's a pilot you ask? It's the first episode produced in almost every TV show that is ordered by the network. The network looks at the pilot and decides to either make that episode into a series or whether to pass it, for whatever reason. Sometimes the pilot outright stunk or maybe it was too expensive or maybe the network didn't have the nuts to go through with it. The following are the pilots being ordered for POTENTIAL series for the 2012-2013 series. Not all of these pilots will get picked up, and some of the new series that air in that season may skip the traditional pilot season.

ABC Comedy

ABC Drama

CBS Comedy

CBS Drama

CW

FOX Drama

FOX Comedy

NBC Drama

NBC Comedy

• Community Manager

ABC

Comedies

Name: American Judy
Creator: Deborah Kaplan (co-writer for Leap Year, Made of Honor) and Harry Elfont (co-writer for Leap Year, Made of Honor)
Other:
Director: Beth McCarthy-Miller (Emmy Nominee, director for Saturday Night Live, 30 Rock)
Cast:
Judy Greer (Mad Love, Arrested Development, Archer, Two and a Half Men)...Judy
Ken Marino (The State, Party Down, Children's Hospital)...Dean Jennings
Mimi Kennedy (Dharma & Greg, Homefront)...Judy One
Elaine Hendrix (Get Smart, The Parent Trap, Inspector Gadget 2)...The Sherrif
Eric Ash (The Herb Garden)...Mia
Jardon Sand (The Big Bang Theory, Parenthood)...Chuck Norris
Madison Lintz (The Walking Dead)...Annie

About: A woman (Judy Greer) moves from Los Angeles, to follow the man (Ken Marino) she loves , to a small suburban town where she finds herself raising stepchildren and making new friends.

Will it Be Good: I really want to want to like this because I like Judy Greer, but the creators have only written forgettable movies. It has managed to acquire a pretty good cast and a good director which gives me hope. This is getting good buzz.
Will it Be a Hit: This can easily fit into ABC Wednesday Night comedy.

Name: Awesometown
Creator: Adam Sztykiel (co-writer of Due Date and Made of Honor)
Other:
Director: Jesse Peretz (Our Idiot Brother, The Ex)
Cast:
Ben Rappaport (Outsourced)...Dusty
Nick Kocher (I Just Want My Pants Back, Louie)...Andrew
James Earl III (Glee, Glory Daze)...Oliver
Amanda Crew (Whistler, 15/Love, Final Destination 3, She's the Man, Sex Drive)...Sam
Dennis Miller (Saturday Night Live)...Nelson Burke
Brett Gelman (Funny or Die Presents, The Life & Times of Tim)...Ed

About: A group of twenty-something year olds living in Seattle.

Will it Be Good: Without being able to be as raunchy and disturbing as in Due Date, I expect this to be as forgettable as Made of Honor. It doesn't have the best of casts and the film director I'm not really familiar with, but I'm not impressed with his resume. This might be good, but I don't see it. Paul Lee really likes the pilot but testing has been mixed.
Will it Be a Hit: This doesn't really belong on any of the family-oriented comedy blocks ABC has, but I can see it being paired with Happy Endings.

Name: Counter Culture
Creator: Stephanie Weir (writer for MADtv)
Other:
Director: Ted Wass (director for 2 Broke Girls, State of Georgia, Melissa & Joey, Ruby & the Rockits)
Cast:
Margo Martindale (Emmy Winner, Justified, A Gifted Man)...Joyce
Doris Roberts (Emmy Winner, Everybody Loves Raymond, Angie, Remington Steele)...Aunt Lee
Delta Burke (Emmy Nominee, Designing Women, Delta, Women of the House, DAG)...Noni
Kerri Kenney (The State, Reno 911!)...Billie
Luis Guzman (How to Make it In America, Out of Sight, Magnolia, Traffic)...Alonzo Gonzales
Ken Howard (1776, The White Shadow)...Ken Cox
Briga Heelan (Cougar Town)...Jill

About: Traditional American diner.

Will it Be Good: It's got a great cast, a decent director, and what must be a good script that is attracting all of this talent. This is definably a project to look out for.
Will it Be a Hit: The stars of the show aren't exactly young, which is a bit concerning, but it does star people known for hit comedies which is a plus. This can be a hit, but it's a risk.

Name: Down to Earth
Greenlight to Series
Creator: Dan Fogelman (writer Crazy, Stupid, Love and Tangled and co-writer of the Cars series)
Other:
Director: Chris Koch (Snow Day, A Guy Thing, Traffic Light pilot)
Cast:
Jami Gertz (Still Standing)...Debbi Weaver
Lennie Venito (Gigi, Men in Black II, War of the Worlds)...Marty Weaver
Clara Mamet (The Unit)...Amber Weaver
Max Charles (Jessie, Community, True Blood)...Max Weaver
Isabella Cramp (Mike & Molly)...Abby Weaver
Simon Templeman (Charmed)...Wilt Chamberlain
Tim Jo (Glory Daze)...Joe Montana
Toks Olagundoye (Prime Suspect)...Jackie Joyner-Kersee
Ian Patrick (Wanderlust)...Lennox Lewis

About: A normal family, the Weavers who moves into a condo complex only to find everyone else who lives there are aliens.

Will it Be Good: It doesn't have the best of casts, at least amongst the adults, and the director isn't the most inspiring-but I wouldn't count this show out yet. I think this will depend on the special effects and how good the kids are. This is getting some buzz.
Will it Be a Hit: It's possible, but this is a tough premise to sell and science fiction comedy hasn't found success recently. The good news is that the history of TV has had successful science fiction comedies, which can be good. It's risky.

Name: The Family Trap
Creator: Bob Fisher (co-creator of Traffic Light, co-writer of Wedding Crashers)
Other:
Director: Shawn Levy (Real Steel, Night of the Museum, Date Night, The Pink Panther, Cheaper by the Dozen, Just Married, Big Fat Liar)
Cast:
Mandy Moore (A Walk to Remember, Chasing Liberty, Saved!, License to Wed, Tangled)...Annie
Nelson Franklin (The Office, Traffic Light)...Ben
Erinn Hayes (Worst Week, The Winner, Childrens Hospital, Parenthood)...Kate
Majandra Delfino (Roswell, State of Georgia)...Sarah
Stockard Channing (The West Wing, Grease, Six Degrees of Seperation)...Barbara
Kurt Fuller (Psych, Better with You, Supernatural, That's My Bush)...Steve
Mike Castle (The Ghosts, Pittsburgh Frank)...Bobby
Ravi Patel (Past Life)...Zach
Eva LaRue (All My Children, CSI: Miami)...Veronica

About: Newlyweds (Mandy Moore/Nelson Franklin) who get the opportunity of a lifetime to run a hip, new restaurant in Annie's hometown bringing her closer to her needy and high-maintenance family.

Will it Be Good: Bob Fisher can be pretty funny, so I have faith. It has has managed to acquire a pretty good cast and a big-time movie director which is only good news. This is getting good buzz.
Will it Be a Hit: Mandy Moore has a pretty big fan base, so it'll probably premiere big.

Name: How to Live With Your Parents For the Rest Of Your Life
Greenlight to Series
Creator: Claudia Lonow (creator of Rude Awakening, Good Girls Don't, Accidentally on Purpose)
Other:
Director: Julie Anne Robinson (Golden Globe Nominee, director for Blackpool)
Cast:
Sarah Chalke (Roseanne, Nothing Too Good For a Cowboy, Scrubs, Mad Love)...Polly
Elizabeth Perkins (Emmy Nominee, Weeds, Big, The Flinstones, Avalon)...Elaine
Brad Garret (Emmy Winner, Everybody Loves Raymond, 'Til Death)...Max
Rachel Eggleston (Justified, Austin & Ally, Chuck, The Mentalist, Better with You)...Natalie
Jon Dore (How I Met Your Mother)...Julian
Rebecca Delgado Smith (Paranormal Activity 3)...Jenn
Orlando Jones (MADtv, 7 Up commercials)...Greg

About: A single mom (Sarah Chalke) moves in with her parents (Elizabeth Perkins/Brad Garrett) to have help raising her daughter (Rachel Eggelston).

Will it Be Good: It has managed to get a pretty good cast and director, plus the creator has experience with TV shows. It is getting strong early buzz.
Will it Be a Hit: This series has Sarah Chalke and Brad Garret (along with Elibaeth Perkins), which can draw in a big premiere. This can fit into the comedy blocks that ABC has, which will make it easier for the show.

Name: Malibu Country
Greenlight to Series
Creator: Kevin Abbott (writer for Reba)
Other:
Director: John Pasquin (Emmy Nominee, director for Home Improvement, LA Law)
Cast:
Reba McEntire (Golden Globe Nominee, Reba)...Reba
Lily Tomlin (Oscar Nominee, Emmy Winner, Golden Globe Winner, Laugh-In, Nashville)...Shirley
Sara Rue (Popular, Less than Perfect, Shedding for the Wedding, Rules of Engagement)...Kim
Justin Prentice (Winx Club, The Middle, iCarly, Suburgatory, Victorious)...Cash
Juliette Angelo (New Year's Eve, In the Family)...Sarah
Jeffrey Nordling (Once and Again, 24, Desperate Housewives)...Russell Howard
Jai Rodriquez (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy)...Jeffrey Wolfe

About: Woman (Reba McEntire) divorces broke, cheating rock star husband and takes her family to the only asset she has left: a little house in Malibu.

Will it Be Good: If you like Reba, you'll probably like this show. If not, then probably not. It has gotten a good cast, but I still feel like this depends on how much of a fan of Reba you are. This is getting good buzz.
Will it Be a Hit: Reba managed to be a hit on the WB, but can she have a hit on a network with higher expectations? I'd say that ABC is the best network for her to find out.

Name: The Manzanis
Creator: Dave Fiebotte (creator of Sherri) and Marco Pennette (co-creator of Caroline in the City and Inconceivable, creator of Crumbs)
Other:
Director: Scott Ellis (director for Modern Family, Hung, Weeds, Desperate Housewives, Frasier)
Cast:
Kirstie Alley (Cheers, Veronica's Closet)...Angela
Michael Rispoli (The Black Donnellys)...Nick
Rhea Perlman (Cheers)...Camille
Robert Costanzo (Hannah Montana)...Joe
Alyson Stoner (The Suite Life of Zach and Cody, Cheaper by the Dozen films, Step Up films, Camp Rock films)...TBA
Armaan Juneja (New Girl, Don't Trust the B--- in Apartment 23)...Peter
Jared Abrahmson (Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days)...Mikey

About: An opinionated mother/wife (Kirstie Alley) who, with her family, moves to a repressed country-club town.

Will it Be Good: It'll have a good chance of being good. The cast is shaping up to be good, and the creators have experience in well-received comedy.
Will it Be a Hit: The two co-creators haven't had the best luck in launching a hit, with Caroline in the City being the only show to last more than one season-and that's considering that it had help from Friends. Still, the Cheers duo could bring in some interested viewers.

Name: Only Fools and Horses
Creator: Brian Bradley (writer for Scrubs and MADtv) and Steven Cragg (writer for Scrubs, MADtv, and Saturday Night Live)
Other:
Based of the British Series: Only Fools and Horses
Created By: John Sullivan (Citizen Smith, Just Good Friends)
Director: Ted Wass (director for 2 Broke Girls, State of Georgia, Melissa & Joey, Ruby & the Rockits)
Cast:
John Leguizamo (Golden Globe Nominee, ER)...Del Trotter
Dustin Ybarra (We Bought a Zoo)...Rodney Trotter
Christopher Lloyd (Emmy Winner, Back to the Future trilogy, The Addams Family, Taxi)...Jackie
Wendi McLendon-Covey (Reno 911!, Rules of Engagement, Bridesmaids)...Ruby
B.J. Bales (Happy Endings, Accidentally on Purpose)...Trigger

About: Two street-wise brothers (John Leguizamo/Dustin Ybarra) and their aging grandfather (Christopher Lloyd) as they try to get rich fast.

Will it Be Good: It has gotten a rather decent cast and an experienced comedy director, which are all good signs. This is a favorite for British ABC head Paul Lee.
Will it Be a Hit: I'm not entirely sure. The premise sounds like this show would get old rather fast (BBC shows rarely last enough episodes for any premise to get old) and this might be a tough sell marketing-wise.

Name: Prairie Dogs
Creator: Jackie Filgo and Jeff Filgo (writers for That 70's Show, Happy Hour, The New Adventures of Old Christine)
Other:
Director: Luke Greenfield (The Animal, The Girl Next Door, director for Aliens in America)
Cast:
Kal Penn (Harold & Kumar films, House, How I Met Your Mother)...Neil
Nick Zano (What I Like About You, Movie House, 90210, 2 Broke Girls)...Guy
Michaela Watkins (Saturday Night Live, The New Adventures of Old Christine)...Imogene
Dayo Okeniyi (The Hunger Games)...Mazi
Charlotte Newhouse (Brainstorm)...Charlotte
Dan Folger (M/larky, Man Up)...Roj
Cary Elwes (The Princess Bride, Saw, The X-files, New Year's Eve, Liar Liar, Twister)...Rams

About: An uncool cubicle worker (Kal Penn) at a cool company has his identity stolen. When he finds the thief (Nick Zano) and sees the awesome life the thief has set up using his identity, the uncool cubicle worker decides to have the con man help improve his own life. 'Cause this would totally happen in real life.

Will it Be Good: It has managed to acquire a pretty good cast, and Kal Penn is a promising lead, but I'm not sold just yet since I have concerns on how long the premise can last. It has been getting strong early buzz.
Will it Be a Hit: This is going to be a tough premise to market but Kal Penn can a decent audience.

Name: Red Van Man
Greenlight to Series
Creator: Bobby Bowman (writer for Raising Hope, My Name is Earl, Yes, Dear, and Family Guy)
Other:
Based on the British Series: White Van Man
Originally Created By: Adrian Poynton
Director: Michael Fresco (director for the OC, My Name is Earl, Better Off Ted, Raising Hope, Suburgatory)
Cast:
Kyle Bornheimer (Worst Week, Romantically Challenged, Perfect Couples)...Jack Shea
J.K. Simmons (Law & Order, The Closer, Oz, Spider-man film series, Juno)...Tony
Edi Gathegi (House, Twilight movies, X-Men: First Class, Gone Baby Gone)...Darren
Johnny Pemberton (Aim High, 21 Jump Street)....Mason
Leah Remini (The King of Queens, Saved by the Bell, The Talk)...Terry
Danielle Nicolet (Second Time Around, Heartland, The Starter Wife, 3rd Rock from the Sun)...Liz

About: A man (Kyle Bornheimer) who is forced to put his dream on hold in order to take over his father's (J.K. Simmons) handyman business.

Will it Be Good: This has managed to acquire a pretty good cast and a good director, but I still have some concerns.
Will it Be a Hit: Kyle Bornheimer has yet to be in a hit.

Name: The Smart One
Creator: Don Todd (co-creator of Samantha Who?)
Other:
Director: Michael Fresco (director for the OC, My Name is Earl, Better Off Ted, Raising Hope, Suburgatory)
Cast:
Portia de Rossi (Ally McBeal, Arrested Development, Better Off Ted)...Judith “Jude” Swann
Malin Ackerman (Childrens Hospital, The Heartbreak Kid, 27 Dresses, Watchmen)...Candy Cooper
Jean Smart (Emmy Winner, Designing Women, 24, Samantha Who?, Hawaii Five-O)...Helen Swann
David Arquette (Scream film series, In Case of Emergency, Wild Bill)...Buddy Cooper
Matt Oberg (Onion Sportsdome, Ugly Americans, The Onion News Network)...Martin
Stephanie Beatriz (The Closer)...Natalee
Nestor Carbonell (Lost, The Dark Knight, Suddenly Susan, The Tick, Ringer)...Nathan Charles

About: A brilliant and successful woman (Portia de Rossi) has to go work for her less brainy but popular sister (Malin Akerman) who is now a big-city mayor.

Will it Be Good: It has a good cast and I love Portia De Rossi as a comedic actress, so I have high hopes for this show. Michael Fresco is a great director which is a bonus.
Will it Be a Hit: The problem with Portia De Rossi is that she tends to lead in cult shows, which is a concern for a mainstream-oriented network. I think the show can be a hit, but it needs a good timeslot.

Name: The Unprofessional
Creator: Kari Lizer (creator of the New Adventures of Old Christine)
Other:
Director: Craig Zisk (director for Smallville, Scrubs, Weeds, and My Name is Eark)
Cast:
Mary McCormack (Murder One, The West Wing, In Plain Sight)...Hilary Pfeiffer-Dunne
Greg Germann (Ally McBeal, Child's Play 2, Quarantine)...Griffin
Mo Gaffney (Women Aloud!, The Mo Show, That 70's Show, Mad About You)...Robin
Zachary Gordon (Diary of a Wimpy Kid films)...Dylan
Horatio Sanz (Saturday Night Live, Big Lake, In the Motherhood)...Jonathan
Sabrina Carpenter (Law & Order: SVU)...Harper

About: Powerful female executive (Mary McCormack) who suddenly herself as a stay-at-home mom of 3 teenage kids and has no idea what to do.

Will it Be Good: Too soon to tell.
Will it Be a Hit: Too soon to tell.

• Community Manager

ABC

Dramas

Name: 666 Park Avenue
Greenlight to Series
Creator: David Wilcox (writer for Fringe)
Other:
Based on the Novel: 666 Park Avenue
Author: Gabrielle Pierce
Director: Alex Graves (director for The West Wing, Ally McBeal, Sports Night, The Practice, Pan Am, Shameless)
Cast:
Dave Annable (Brothers & Sisters)...Henry Martin
Rachael Taylor (headLand, Grey's Anatomy, Charlie's Angels)...Jane Van Veen
Terry O'Quinn (Lost, The Stepfather, Millennium, Hawaii Five-O)...Gavin Doran
Vanessa Williams (Emmy Nominee, Ugly Betty, Desperate Housewives)...Olive Doran
Mercedes Masohn (Chuck, The Finder, Three Rivers, One Life to Live)...Louise
Robert Buckley (Lipstick Jungle, One Tree Hill)...Brian
Erik Palladino (ER, Over There)...Tony Demeo
Samantha Jade Logan (Gossip Girl)...Nona Clark
Helena Mattsson (Species: The Awakening, You and I, Surrogates, Desperate Housewives)...Alexis

About: Innocent Couple (Dave Annable/Rachael Taylor) from Midwest are hired to be residential managers of an apartment building in New York City only to find out that the apartment complex is haunted or something.

Will it Be Good: It has managed to get a pretty good cast, so far, and the director isn't half bad. This has been getting really good buzz.
Will it Be a Hit: Not sure. It has a chance of breaking out, but this sounds more like a show with a cult audience than a mainstream one.

Name: Americana
Creator: Michael Seitzman (writer of North Country and Here on Earth)
Other:
Director: Phillip Noyce (director for Revenge)
Cast:
Anthony LaPaglia (Golden Globe Winner, Without a Trace, Frasier, The Client)...Robert Soulter
Ashley Greene (Twilight films)...Alice Clarke
Emilie de Ravin (Rosswell, Lost)...Fransesca Soulter
Ken Olin (Golden Globe Nominee, Thirtysomething, L.A. Doctors, EZ Street)...Martin Garano
Natalie Mendoza (Hotel Babylon, The Descent films)...Wendy Law-Soulter
Tiffany Hines (Bones, Nikita, Beyond the Break, 90210)...Shane
Annabeth Gish (Mystic Pizza, Double Jeapordy, The X-Files, The West Wing, Brotherhood)...Rachel Garano
David Alpay (The Borgias, Man of the Year, Ararat, The Tudors)...Jesse Soulter
Christine Adams (NY-LON, The Whole Truth, Terra Nova)...Sierra Delon-Soulter

About: Epic family soap set in the world of fashion.

Will it Be Good: It has a pretty decent and large cast, and the director can be pretty good. This has promise. It has been getting good early buzz, to some extent.
Will it Be a Hit: If a primetime soap can work anywhere, it's on ABC.

Name: Beauty and the Beast
Creator: Jonathan E. Steinberg (co-creator of Jericho, creator of Human Target)
Other:
Producer: Gary Fleder (producer of Life Unexpected, Happy Town, October Road)
Director: Yves Simoneau (director for The 4400 and V)
Cast:
Ruth Bradley (Grabbers, Primeval)...Grace, the Beauty
Darius Campbell (Pop Idol, Popstars)...Shiro, the Beast
Chris Egan (Home and Away, Kings)...Gorrick
F. Murray Abraham (Oscar Winner, Amadeus, All the President's Men, Scarface)...Cyril
Karen LeBlanc (Shattered, Defying Gravity, Runaway, Playmakers, Material World)...Ehren
Wendy Crewson (ReGenesis, 24)...Mara
Alan Dale (The Young Doctors, Neighbours, The O.C., Ugly Betty)...Emperor Dorian
Meegan Warner (My Place, Paper Giants: The Birth of Cleo, Rescue Special Ops)...Elisabeth

About: The re-imagining of the classic tale.

Will it Be Good: It doesn't have the best cast, and I'm worried about the British reality star being the lead. This can be good, especially since I trust the creative team in the background, but I'm not so sure.
Will it Be a Hit: Once Upon a Time managed to be a hit, and this could pair well with that show.

Name: Dark Horse
Creator: Roland Emmerich (writer for Stargate, Independence Day, Godzilla, The Day After Tomorrow, 10,000 BC, 2012) and Harald Kloser (writer for 10,000BC and 2012)
Other:
Director: Roland Emmerich (director of Stargate, Independence Day, Godzilla, The Patriot, The Day After Tomorrow, 10,000 BC, 2012, Anonymous)
Cast:
Max Thieriot (My Soul to Take, Catch that Kid, The Pacifier, Nancy Drew, Jumper)...Carter Henderson
Gabrielle Wilde (The Three Musketeers)...Wynter-Lee Cardigan
Yaya DaCosta (All My Children, Ugly Betty, America's Next Top Model)...Amy
Matin Landau (Oscar Winner, Golden Globe Winner, Emmy Nominee, Mission Impossible, Ed Wood)...Mr. Armin
Linus Roache (Law & Order, Law & Order: SVU, Kidnapped, Seaforth)...Senator Teras
Monique Gabriela Curnen (The Unusuals, The Dark Knight, Lie to Me)...Tracy Meyers
Laila Robins (Gabriel's Fire, The Book of Daniel, In Treatment, Bored to Death)...Angelica Teras

About: Set in the backdrop of the 2012 Presidential race, a young astrophysics student (Max Theriot) discovers his destiny isn't with science but somewhere between heaven and hell.

Will it Be Good: I wish I could say yes, but the premise doesn't strike me to be any good and the creative team behind it hasn't had a good record recently. It has managed to attract a decent cast, and the great Martin Landau, but I still have my reservations. This has been getting some really mixed responses.
Will it Be a Hit: This premise can be a tough sell that might alienate some viewers. I'd be surprised if this is a hit, but it's not out of the question.

Name: Devious Maids
Creator: Marc Cherry (creator of Desperate Housewives)
Other:
Based on Mexican telenovela: The Disorderly Maids of the Neighborhood
Director: Paul McGuigan (director for Sherlock, Scandal, and Smash)
Cast:
Ana Ortiz (Ugly Betty)...Marisol
Dania Ramirez (Entourage, Heroes, The Sopranos, X-Men: The Last Stand)...Rosie
Judy Reyes (Scrubs)...Zoila
Roselyn Sanches (As the World Turns, Fame L.A., Kojak, Without a Trace)...Carmen
Rebecca Wisocky (The Mentalist, American Horror Story, Pollock, Funny Money)...Evelyn Powell
Angelique Cabral...Pheonix
Edy Ganem (Livin' Loud, Entourage, Rob)...Valentina Del Barrio
Brianna Brown (Homeland, The 40-Year-Old Virgin, Knocked Up, General Hospital)...Taylor Slate
Drew Van Acker (Tower Prep, Pretty Little Liars, The Lake)...Remi Delacourt
Brett Cullen (Friday Night Lights, Falcon Crest, The Young Riders, Legacy, Make it Or Break It)...Michael Slate
Susan Lucci (All My Children)...Genevieve Delacourt
Amir Talai (The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, The Ex List)...Jace
Grant Show (Melrose Place, Ryan's Hope, True Blue, Point Pleasant, Swingtown, Accidentally on Purpose)...Spencer
Mariana Klaveno (True Blood)...Peri
Tom Irwin (My Life and Times, My So-Called Life, Related, Saving Grace)...Adrian Powell

About: Four latina women (Ana Ortiz, Dania Ramirez, Judy Reyes, Roselyn Sanches) who are maids in Beverly Hills.

Will it Be Good: The first season of Desperate Housewives was pretty excellent, and this pretty much seems like a latin version of that show. It has been getting a mixed reaction so far.
Will it Be a Hit: Do people want a latin version of Desperate Housewives? A couple years ago, I would have thought maybe. As the original Desperate Housewives goes away, this might be the replacement ABC is looking for.

Name: Gilded Lillys
Creator: KJ Steinberg (co-creator of the Nine) and Shonda Rhimes (creator of Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, and Scandal)
Other:
Director: Brian Kirk (director for Game of Thrones)
Cast:
Blythe Danner (Golden Globe Nominee, Emmy Winner, Huff)...Caroline Naughton Lily
Brian F. O'Byrne (Emmy Nominee, Mildred Pierce, FlashForward, Brotherhood, Prime Suspect)...Edwin Lily
Sarah Bolger (The Tudors, The Spiderwick Chronicles)...Violet Langton Lily
Madeline Zima (The Nanny, Californication, Heroes)...Abigail Perkins
Matt Long (Jack & Bobby, Ghost Rider, Sydney White, The Deep End)...John Kidd
Brigid Brannagh (True Colors, Over There, Army Wives)...Elizabeth
Maury Sterling (Beverly Hills Chihuaha, Smokin' Aces, Alright Already)...Jasper Kravetz
Matt Lauria (30 Rock, Friday Night Lights, The Chicago Code, CSI)...Charlie
John Barrowman (Doctor Who, Torchwood, Central Park West, Titans)...Julius Lily

About: The first luxury hotel in New York City, set in 1895 and features a lot of class drama. So, essentially an American Downtown Abbey.

Will it Be Good: Considering Shonda Rhimes specializes in soaps, consider this to be almost as good as Downtown Abbey. It's also getting a pretty excellent cast. There is some strong buzz with this pilot.
Will it Be a Hit: Depends if people are willing to accept a new Downtown Abbey. And while Pan Am opened big, it's ratings quickly fell because it wasn't very good. This is going to have to be good and it's going to have to give people a reason to tune in.

Name: Gotham
Creator: Michael Green (creator of Kings and co-creator of the River)
Other:
Director: Francis Lawrence (director for Kings and Touch, directed Water for Elephants, I am Legend, and Constantine)
Cast:
Megan Ketch (A Gifted Man, Law & Order: SVU)...AnnieTravers
Barry Sloane (Hollyoaks, Brookside, Holby City)...Boyo
Lennie James (The State Within, Spooks, Jericho, Outlaw, The Prisoner, Hung, The Walking Dead, Human Target)...Gabriel Riga
Brian Cox (Emmy Winner, Rushmore, X2: X-Men United, Troy, Manhunter, Nuremberg)...Alderman Morrill

About: A female cop (Megan Ketch) discovers a magical world within New York City while pursuing a seemingly unsolvable case.

Will it Be Good: If not good, at least ambitious like hell.

Name: The Last Resort
Greenlight to Series
Creator: Shawn Ryan (creator of the Shield and The Chicago Code) and Karl Gajdusek (writer for Dead Like Me)
Other:
Director: Martin Campbell (Casino Royale, Green Lantern, Edge of Darkness)
Cast:
Scott Speedman (Felicity, Underworld films)...Xo Sam Kendal
Andre Braugher (Emmy Winner, Glory, Men of a Certain Age, Homicide: Life on the Streets)...Marcus Chaplin
Daniel Lissing (Crownies)...James King
Daisy Betts (Persons Unknown)...Lt. Grace Shepard
Autumn Reeser (The O.C., Valentine, Entourage, No Ordinary Family)...Kylie Sinclair
Camille de Pazzis (La Vie Est a Nous)...Sophie
Dichen Lachman (Neighbours, Dollhouse, Being Human)…Tani Tumrenjack
Sahr Ngaujah (House of Payne, The Signal, Stomp the Yard, A Lesson Before Dying)...Julian Serrat
Jessy Schram (Veronica Mars, Life, Falling Skies, Once Upon a Time)...Christine Kendal
Bruce Davison (Oscar Nominee, Golden Globe Winner, Emmy Nominee, Longtime Companion, Short Cuts, Touched by an Angel)...Arthur Shepard
David Rees Snell (The Shield)...TBA
Matt Gerald (Avatar)...SEAL Barry Hopper
Max Adler (Glee)...Seaman Josh Brannan
Omid Abtahi (Over There, Sleeper Cell, Homeland)...Cameron Pitts
Robert Patrick (Terminator 2, The X-files, The Unit)...Joseph Prosser
Jessica Camacho (Gossip Girl, The Mentalist, Dexter, Undercovers)...Pilar Cortez
Michael Ng (Hawaii Five-O, Dollhouse, Big Time Rush, Criminal Minds)...Cameron Pitts
Will Rothhaar (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Mad About You, Listen Up!)....Josh Brannan

About: A U.S. Nuclear submarine who ignores orders to shoot it's nukes and is hence hunted.

Will it Be Good: OMG! This sounds simply AMAZING! And it's from Shawn Ryan! So...any question this will be good? The director Martin Campbell will probably do a good job with the show. It also has a pretty good cast. It's getting really positive feedback.
Will it Be a Hit: If the marketing is right, I could see this getting a strong start.

Name: The Life
Greenlight to Series
Creator: Melissa Rosenberg (Emmy Nominee, writer for Dexter, The OC, wrote each Twilight series)
Other:
Based on the Dutch Series: Penoza
Created By: Pieter Bart Korthuis
Director: Mark Pellington (I Melt with You, Henry Poole is Here, director for Cold Case)
Cast:
Radha Mitchell (Pitch Black, Finding Neverland, Phone Booth, Man on Fire, Silent Hill, The Crazies, Sugar and Spice, All Together Now, Neighbours)...Marta Walraven
Lee Tergersen (Oz, Generation Kill, Weird Science)...Steven Tomlin
Luke Goss (Blade II, One Night with the King, Hellboy II, Tekken)...Luther
Rade Serbedzjia (24)...Andrei Lazarev
Suleka Mathew (Da Vinci's Inquest, Hawthorne)...Dina
Jaime Ray Newman (General Hospital, Eastwick, Eureka, Drop Dead Diva, Life Unexpected)...Kat
Erin Moriarty (One Life to Live, Law & Order: SVU)...Natalie Walraven
Sterling Beaumon (Lost, Clue)...Gabriel Walraven
Jacob Salvati (Mad Men, 'Til Death)...Boris Walraven
Anson Mount (Conviction, Tully, Hell on Wheels)...Franklin
Erin Cahill (Power Rangers: Time Force, Free Ride, General Hospital)...Felicity (“Poodle”)
Leanne Adachi (SGU: Stargate Universe, Defying Gravity, The 4400, Mercy's Point)...Celia Trejo
Mido Hamada (Terra Nova, 24, State of Mind)...Christian Schiller
Natalia Nogulich (Star Trek series, Hoffa, Days of Our Lives)...Vera Lasarev
Pedro Pascal (The Good Wife)...Joe Crumb
Suleka Mathew (Hawthorne, Men in Trees, Dead Zone, Da Vinci's Inquest, The Crow)...Irwin Lazarev

About: A widow (Radha Mitchell) of an assassinated criminal who must take over the criminal syndicate in order to protect her family.

Will it Be Good: It has a passable cast, a decent director, but a good creator. This can end up being good, but I'm not convinced just yet. This has been getting good early buzz.
Will it Be a Hit: It has a shot, but I don't see it yet.

Name: Nashville
Greenlight to Series
Creator: Callie Khouri (Academy Award Winner, wrote Thelma & Louise, Something to Talk About, co-wrote Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood)
Other:
Director: R.J. Cutler (director of American High, Freshman Diaries, and Black. White.)
Cast:
Hayden Panettiere (Heroes, Guiding Light, Remember the Titans, Scream 4)...Juliette Barnes
Connie Britton (Emmy Nominee, Spin City, Friday Night Lights, American Horror Story)...Rayna James
Clare Bowen (Home and Away)...Scarlett
Sam Palladio (The Hour)...Gunnar Scott
Jonathan Jackson (Emmy Winner, General Hospital, Tuck Everlasting)...Avery Davis
Powers Boothe (Emmy Winner, Deadwood, 24, Guyana Tragedy)...Lamar Hampton
Robert Wisdom (Ray, Freedom Writers, Burn Notice)...Coleman Caldwell
Eric Close (Dark Skies, The Magnificient Seven Now and Again, Taken, Without a Trace)...Teddy Conrad
Charles Esten (Whose Line is It Anyway, The Crew, The Brian Benben Show, ER, Big Love)...Daecon

About: Epic family soap set in the country music world in Nashville.

Will it Be Good: It has a good cast and director, along with a great creator. This looks like a soap to watch for. It has been getting good early buzz.
Will it Be a Hit: If a soap is going to work on primetime, it'll be on ABC.

Name: Scruples
Creator: Bob Brush (Emmy Winner, developed Early Edition, writer for The Wonder Years) and Mel Harris
Other:
Based on the Novel By: Scruples
Author: Judith Krantz
Also: Scruples was a 1980s mini-series for ABC starring Lindsay Warner
Producer: Natalie Portman (Oscar Winner, producer of No Strings Attached, The Other Woman, Hesher)
Producer: Tony Krantz (Emmy Nominee, producer of The Pjs, South Beach, 24, Felicity, Sports Night)
Director: Michael Sucsy (Golden Globe Winner, Grey Gardens, The Vow)
Cast:
Claire Forlani (CSI: NY, NCIS: Los Angeles, Camelot)...Billy Winthrop
Karine Vanasse (Pan Am)...Valentine
Noot Seear (Twilight movies)...Melanie
Boris Kodjoe (Soul Food, The Gospel, Undercovers, Resident Evil: Afterlife)...Josh Hillman
Jessica McNamee (Home and Away, Packed to the Rafters, The Vow)...Maggie
Chad Michael Murray (One Tree Hill, A Cinderella Story, Freaky Friday, House of Wax)...Spider Elliot
Gary Cole (Midnight Caller, American Gothic, Crusade)...Royce Franklin
Mimi Rogers (The Rousters, Paper-Dolls, Dream On, The X-files, Geena Davis Show, The Loop)...Harriet Toppington
Gilles Marini (Sex and the City: The Movie, Brothers & Sisters)...Renee Dufaux

About: Rich and powerful designer (Claire Forlani) whose in a world filled with sex, revenge, and scandal.

Will it Be Good: Fans of the novel will be happy to note that the producer is the son of the author, which probably means it won't be terrible. It has a good creative team behind it, along with a pretty great case.
Will it Be a Hit: Does the book still have a fanbase? If it'll work anywhere, it'll be on ABC.

Name: Zero Hour
Greenlight to Series
Creator: Paul Scheuring (creator of Prison Break)
Other:
Director: Pierre Morel (District 13, Taken, From Paris with Love)
Cast:
Anthony Edwards (ER, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Top Gun, Northern Exposure)...Hank Foley
Scott Michael Foster (Greek)...Arron
Addison Timlin (Californication)...Rachel
Carmen Ejogo (CHAOS, Kidnapped, The Carmen Ejoho Video Show)...Becca “Beck” Sunjata
Jacinda Barrett (The Real World: London, Wind on Water)...Laila Foley
Michael Nygvist (Beck films, Millenium film series, Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol)...White Vincent

About: A skeptic person (Anthony Edwards) who gets swept up in one of the world's greatest conspiracies involving the Twelve Apostles.

Will it Be Good: A decent cast coming from an experienced creator means this is promising.
Will it Be a Hit: If this comes across as Anti-Christian, it won't get renewed. It'll have a cult audience regardless.

• Community Manager

CBS

Comedies

Name: Friend Me
Greenlight to Series
Creator: Ajay Sahgal (worked on numerous pilots) and Alan Kirschenbaum (co-creator of Yes, Dear)
Other:
Director: Pamela Fryman (Emmy-nominee director for How I Met Your Mother)
Cast:
Parvesh Cheena (Outsourced)...Mike
Tim Robinson (Lovelorn, Popcorn)...Sully
Nicholas Braun (10 Things I Hate About You)...Rob
Dan Ahdoot (Last Comic Standing, Premium Blend)...Reggie
Christoper Mintz-Plasse (Superbad, Role Models, Year One, Kick-Ass, Fright Night)...Evan

About: Two twenty-something guys who move from Indiana to Los Angeles to work for Groupon.

Will it Be Good: Too soon to tell, but the pilot did manage to snag McLovin!

Name: My Idiotic Twenties
Creator: Nicholas Stoller (writer for The Muppets)
Other:
Director: Nicholas Stoller (Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Get Him to the Greek)
Cast:
Michael Angarano (The Forbidden Kingdom, Almost Famous)...Jake
Brie Larson (United States of Tara, Remember the Daze, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World)...Laura
Chris Smith (Mayne Street, Fake It Till You Make It, Paranormal Activity 3)...Graham
Randall Park (Supah Ninjas)...Jun
Adam Campbell (Harper's Island, Date Movie, Epic Movies)...Will
Amanda Lund (Man Up)...Hannah
Liz Cackowski (Saturday Night Live, In the Motherhood, Fat Guy Stuck in the Internet)...Ingrid

About: A guy (Michael Angarano) whose heart gets broken by his girlfriend (Brie Larson) and he has to work one cubicle away from her.

Will it Be Good: It has a good cast and a good writer/director, which means this is a promising pilot. I do have concerns if the series premise is sustainable long-term. This looks to be good but CBS is concerned that it's single-camera format won't fit in with CBS comedies.
Will it Be a Hit: Maybe, but I don't see it.

Name: Oh F---, It's You
Creator: Greg Berlanti (creator of Everwood, co-creator of Jack & Bobby, Eli Stone, No Ordinary Family) & Greg Malins (writer for Better with You)
Other:
Director: James Burrows (Emmy-winning director for Mike & Molly, 2 Broke Girls, Two and a Half Men, The Big Bang Theory, Frasier, Friends, Cheers)
Cast:
Joanna Garcia (Reba, Welcome to the Captain, Privileged, Better with You)...Wendy Cooke
David Walton (Cracking Up, Heist, Quaterlife, 100 Questions, Perfect Couples, Bent)...Nick Miller
Greg Grunberg (Heroes, Alias, Felicity, Love Bites, The Jake Effect)...Charlie Cooke
Ryan Gaul (2 Broke Girls, Hot in Cleveland, Are You There, Chelsea?, 10 Items or Less)...Warren Culp
Matt Cook (Kill Spin, unLeashed, Harry's Law, Whitney, 2 Broke Girls)...Spencer

About: A notorious womanizer (David Walton) who goes through a health scare and realizes that the “one” is his currently engaged business partner (JoAnna Garcia).

Will it Be Good: I love the title, and it's getting a good cast so far. The creative team behind it is also very solid.
Will it Be a Hit: Joanna Garcia has so far yet to successfully launch a series as a lead.

Name: Over and Out
Creator: Mike Lisbe and Nate Reger (writers for Manhattan, AZ and Just Shoot Me!)
Other:
Director: Fred Savage (director for Best Friends Forever, Whitney, 2 Broke Girls, Modern Family, Happy Endings, How to be a Gentleman, Friends with Benefits, Breaking In, Perfect Couples, Party Down, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia)
Cast:
Martin Lawrence (Bad Boys, Blue Streak, Big Momma's House)...Ray Barker
Colleen Smith (The Showbiz Show with David Spade, SuperNews!)...Peg Horst
P.J. Byrne (The Game, Final Destination 5)...Kip Dennis
Regina Hall (Law & Order: LA, AllyMcBeal, Scary Movie film seires)...Katie Doyle
Ethan Suplee (American History X, Remember the Titans, Boy Meets World, My Name is Earl, The Butterfly Effect, Unstoppable)...Travis Farmer
John Amos (Emmy Nominee, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Good Times, Roots, The West Wing)...Lorenzo Bunch
Sydney Park (CSI:NI, Spork)...Holly Barker

About: A widowed father (Martin Lawrence) of two teenagers quits his job in construction to become a cop.

Will it Be Good: Martin Lawrence had a lot of scripts to chose from, so since he picked this one there must be something here.
Will it Be a Hit: Martin Lawrence has a fanbase, but is it big enough to give him a hit TV show?

Name: Partners
Greenlight to Series
Creator: David Kohan and Max Mutchnick (co-creators of Will & Grace, Good Morning, Miami, Twins, Four Kings)
Other:
Director: James Burrows (Emmy-winning director for Mike & Molly, 2 Broke Girls, Two and a Half Men, The Big Bang Theory, Frasier, Friends, Cheers)
Cast:
Michael Urie (Ugly Betty)...Louis
David Krumholtz (Numb3rs, Harold & Kumar films, Serenity, The Santa Clause films)...Charlie
Sophia Bush (One Tree Hill)...Ali
Brandon Routh (Superman Returns, Chuck)...Wyatt
Tracy Vilar (First Time Out, The Steve Harvey Show, Ripe Tomatoes, Saved, House MD)...Ro-Ro
Molly Shannon (Saturday Night Live, Superstar, Year of the Dog, Kath & Kim, The Talk)...Cassandra

About: Two male best friends-one gay (Michael Urie), one straight (David Krumholtz)-who are both in serious relationships (with other people, presumably).

Will it Be Good: The team behind it is so good, so that's a good sign. The cast gives me hope that there might be something gunny here. The buzz has been extremely good.
Will it Be a Hit: This has a shot, but it's going to get compared to Will & Grace.

Name: Super Fun Night
Creator: Rebel Wilson (writer for the Wedge and Bogan Pride)
Other:
Producer: Conan O'Brien (host of Conan)
Director: Mark Cendrowski (director for Yes, Dear, Still Standing, According to Jim, The Big Bang Theory, Wizards of Waverly Place, A.N.T. Farm, Hannah Montanna, Sabrina, The Teenage Witch, The Hughleys, Malcolm & Eddie)
Cast:
Rebel Wilson (Bridesmaids)...Marika
Jenny Slate (Marcell the Shell with Shoes On, Saturday Night Live, Bored to Death)...Helen-Alice
Edi Patterson (The Undergound, Pair of Kings, A Thousand Words, The Exes)...Marika
Kevin Bishop (The Kevin Bishop Show, Muppet Treasure Island)...Richard
Alan Ritchson (Smallville, Blue Mountain State)...Jason

About: Three nerdy female friends (Rebel Wilson/Jenny Slate/Edi Patterson) and their “funcomfortable” quest to have super fun every Friday night light.

Will it Be Good: To soon to tell, but I'm leaning towards it'll be funny.
Will it Be a Hit: Too soon to tell but it'll need a bigger lead than someone who only appeared in a few scenes in Bridesmaids.

Name: Untitled CK & Feresten Project
Creator: Louis C.K. (creator of Louie and Lucky Louie) and Spike Feresten (writer for the Simpsons, Seinfeld, Talkshow with Spike Feresten, and co-wrote Bee Movie)
Other:
Director: Andy Ackerman (director for Seinfeld, New Adventures of Old Christine, Curb Your Enthusiasm)
Cast:
Patti Murin (Lysistrata Jones)...Anna
Ashley Tisdale (The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, High School Musical films, Hellcats)...Petra
Dan Byrd (Aliens in America, A Cinderella Story, Cougar Town, Easy A)...Fred
Ann Guilbert (The Dick Van Dyke Show, The Nanny)...???
Ryan Hansen (Veronica Mars, Friday the 13th, Party Down, Friends with Benefits)...Mitch

About: Young people trying to achieve their creative dreams in tough economic times.

Will it Be Good: CBS had this script for 13 years, but only now decided to pursue it. Who knows what changed the network's mind, but this could potentially be great. CBS executives are surprised how good this turned out.

Name: Untitled Falcone & Dorf Project
Creator: Ben Falcone (writer for The Looney Toons Show and co-writer of Tammy) and Larry Dorf (writer for The Looney Toons Show)
Other:
Producer: Melissa McCarthy (Tammy)
Director: TBA
Cast:
Ben Falcone (Joey, The Looney Toons Show)...David
Judd Hirsch (Taxi, Dear John, Numb3rs)...Ira
Andrea Martin (My Big Fat Greek Wedding, SCTV)...Shelli
Rachael Harris (Fat Actress, Notes from the Underbelly, Diary of a Wimpy Kid films)....Lisa
Emily Rutherford (The New Adventures of Old Christine)...Julie
Emily Alyn Lind (Revenge, All My Children, Eastwick)...Martin
Quinn Friedman (Bones, Castle, General Hospital, Criminal Minds, Weeds)...Hannah

About: 37 year old man (Ben Falcone) who lives at home with his parents (Andrea Martin/Judd Hirsch). Hilarity ensues.

Will it Be Good: It has a decent cast, but I think it's only being made because of Melissa McCarthy's pull and support for her husband. The buzz was mixed but it seems that people are surprised by how good it turned out.
Will it Be a Hit: This has a chance.

• Community Manager

CBS

Dramas

Name: Applebaum
Creator: Ayelet Waldman
Other:
Based on the Book Series: Mommy Track Mysteries
Author: Ayelete Waldman
Director: Christopher Columbus (director of the first two Harry Potter films and the Percy Jackson film)
Cast:
Rachelle Lefevre (Big Wolf on Campus, Twilight film series, Off the Map, A Gifted Man)...Juliet
Rhys Coiro (Entourage, 24, A Gifted Man)...Peter
Marlowe Peyton (Parenthood, United States of Tara, How I Met Your Mother, The Middle)...Sadie
James Hiroyuki Liao (Prison Break, 24, Battle: Los Angeles, Management, Hard Luck)...Kevin Liu
Jay Mohr (Ghost Whisperer, Gary Unmarried, Saturday Night Live, Jerry Macquire)...Al Hockey

About: Juliet Applebaum (Rachelle Lefevre), a former public defender, becomes a private investigator when being a stay-at-home mom proves to be boring.

Will it Be Good: Fans of the book may be happy that the author of the book is creating the TV series and that Christopher Columbus is the director. It's gotten a pretty good cast so far. This has a lot of support amongst the network and the buzz has been good.
Will it Be a Hit: The book series does have fans, but are they enough to make a hit TV show?

Name: Baby Big Shot
Greenlight to Series
Creator: Dana Calvo (writer for Covert Affairs, Franklin & Bash)
Other:
Cast:
Janet Montgomery (Human Target, The Hills Run Red, Wrong Turn 3, Entourage)...Martina Garretti
Toni Trucks (Barbershop, All Of Us, Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn: Part Two)...Cindi Leary
Kyle MacLachlan (Desperate Housewives, Sex and the City, Twin Peaks, Blue Velvet)...Donovan Stark
Felix Solis (NYC-22)...River
Erin Cummings (Star Trek: Enterprise, Charmed, Dante's Cove, Spartacus, Pan Am, Detroit 187)...Bonnie
Pablo Schreiber (The Wire, A Gifted Man)...Luke Aaranson
Stephanie March (Law & Order: SVU, Conviction)...Natalie Minka

About: Working-class woman (Janet Montgomery) uses her street smarts to compete with her colleagues at a book smart Manhattan law firm.

Will it Be Good: It has a good cast, but I'm not so sure yet about the creative team. I think this may depend on who the director is. The buzz has been good.
Will it Be a Hit: There's no legal drama mainstream hit so the search is still on to find it. This might be it.

Name: Elementary
Greenlight to Series
Creator: Robert Doherty (writer for Medium and Ringer)
Other:
Director: Michael Cuesta (directed Homeland pilot)
Cast:
Johnny Lee Miller (Trainspotting, Hackers, Eli Stone, Dexter)...Sherlock Holmes
Lucy Liu (Ally McBeal, Southland, Charlie's Angels, Chicago, Kill Bill, Kung Fu Panda)...Joan Watson
Aidan Quinn (Emmy Nominee, Third Watch, Empire Falls, Prime Suspect, Canterbury's Law, The Book of Daniel, An Early Frost)...Captain Gregson

About: A modern-day adaption of Sherlock Holmes (Johnny Lee Miller), who now lives in New York City.

Will it Be Good: I'm not so sure yet on their choice for Sherlock, but I do like the idea of a female Watson and Quinn is a good actor. It has a solid director but I have some concerns about the script's potential quality. Expect comparisons with the similar British drama. This is getting good buzz, and I would bet this will make it to series.
Will it Be a Hit: A modern day Sherlock Holmes adaption nearly sells itself and the recent movie series shows that people still like the detective.

Name: Golden Boy
Greenlight to Series
Creator: Nick Wootton (writer for Chuck)
Other:
Producer: Greg Berlanti (creator of Everwood, co-creator of Jack & Bobby, Eli Stone, No Ordinary Family)
Director: Richard Shepard (Emmy-winner, director for Criminal Minds, Ugly Betty and Ringer)
Cast:
Theo James (Bedlam, Downtown Abbey, Underworld: Awakening)...Walter William Clark Jr.
Bonnie Somerville (NYPD Blue, Grosse Pointe, Cashmere Mafia)...Deborah McKenzie
Chi McBride (Human Target, Pushing Daisies, Boston Public)...Owen
Kevin Alejandro (Southland, True Blood)...Tony Arroyo
Stella Maeve (Gossip Girl, The Runaways, Harold, The Beautiful Ordinary)...Agnes Clark
Holt McCallany (Tyson, Lights Out)...Detective Diaco

About: A young, ambitious police officer (Theo James) who quickly becomes a detective, maybe too quickly, after busting a major drug ring and becoming a hero.

Will it Be Good: It has a good creative team behind it and it has a pretty excellent cast. This is a pretty hopeful project. This is getting good buzz.
Will it Be a Hit: It needs good marketing, but it looks like CBS will have another cop hit on their hands.

Name: Trooper
Creator: Aron Eli Coleite (writer for Heroes)
Other:
Producer: Jerry Bruckheimer
Director: Craig Gilllespie (director of Lars and the Real Girl and Fright Night)
Cast:
Mira Sorvino (Oscar Winner, Mighty Aphrodite)...K.J. Flaxton
Jay Hernandez (Six Degrees, Undressed, Hang Time)...Carlos Coto
Lily Pliblad (Fringe, Lights Out)...Ruby Flaxton
Quinn Shephard (Unaccompanied Minors, Harrison's Flowers, From Other Worlds)...Olive Flaxton
Timothee Chalamet (Law & Order, Royal Pains)...Lee Flaxton

About: Common-sense mother (Mira Sorvino) becomes a New York state trooper.

Will it Be Good: Sounds like typical, boilerplate cop show. The script was good enough to attract an Oscar winner, so there is that. This is getting good buzz.
Will it Be a Hit: I don't think this stands out enough to be a hit.

Name: Untitled Ralph Lamb Project
Greenlight to Series
Creator: Greg Walker (writer for Without a Trace) and Nicholas Pileggi (co-wrote Goodfellas)
Other:
Director: James Mangold (director of 3:10 to Yuma and Knight and Day)
Cast:
Dennis Quaid (Golden Globe Nominee, Emmy Nominee, The Special Relationship, Far from Heaven, The Day After Tomorrow, Vantage Point, Frequency, Dragonheart)...Ralph Lamb
Michael Chiklis (Golden Globe Winner, Emmy Winner, The Shield, No Ordinary Family, The Commish)...Johnny Savino
Carrie-Anne Moss (The Matrix films, Memento, Chocolat, Fido, Unthinkable, Chuck)...Katherine
Taylor Handley (Hidden Palms, The O.C., Dawson's Creek)...Dixon Lamb
Jason O'Mara (In Justice, Life on Mars, Terra Nova)...Frank Lamb
Michael Reilly Burke (Charmed, Ted Bundy, Lincoln Heights)...D.A. Rich Reynolds
Michael O'Neill (The West Wing, 24, The Unit, Grey's Anatomy)...Mayor Ted Bennett
James Russo (CSI: Miami, The Capture of the Green River Killer)...Anthony “Big Tuna” Cervelli

About: Ralph Lamb (Dennis Quaid), a cowboy turned Las Vegas sheriff in the 60's and 70's. Based on a true story.

Will it Be Good: This show has acquired an excellent cast and it has a good team behind it to make a western cop show. All signs seem to point to yes. This is getting excellent buzz and I will bet this makes it to series.
Will it Be a Hit: There hasn't be a successful Western show on TV in years, and network drama has suffered with trying to launch a period drama in the 60's. This might break the trend with it's excellent cast, but this feels more like a cable show than a broadcast one.

Name: Widow Detective
Creator: David Hubbard (writer of Noel and Delivering Milo)
Other:
Producer: Carol Mendelhosen (showrunner of CSI)
Director: David Guggenheim (Academy Award Winner, directed The Unit, The Defenders, Melrose Place, Wanted, An Inconvenient Truth)
Cast:
John Corbett (Golden Globe Nominee, Emmy Nominee, Northern Exposure, The Visitor, Sex and the City, Lucky, United States of Tara, Parenthood)...Denny Brennan
Natalie Martinez (Detroit 187, Fashion House, Saints & Sinners)...Maya Davis
Conor Leslie (90210, No Ordinary Family)...Amanda Jaworski
Elyes Gabel (Casualty, Waterloo Road, Identity, Game of Thrones)...Troy
Eriq La Salle (Coming to America, ER, A Gifted Man)...Rob Lutrell
Michael Irby (The Unit)...???
Jennifer Beals (Flashdance, The L Word, 2000 Malibu Road, The Chicago Code, Castle)...Lainey
Paula Marshall (Wild Oats, Chicago Sons, Spin City, Cupid, Snoops, Cursed, Hidden Hills, Out of Practice, Gary Unmarried)...Jill

About: Decorated detective (John Corbett) who has lost three partners in the line of duty and acts as a father figure to their three families.

Will it Be Good: While all signs would indicate this is a typical cop show, it has a good creative team behind it and an excellent cast. This has promise.
Will it Be a Hit: This is a cop show that CBS can make into a hit. It stands out enough to not be forgettable while not to fresh as to confuse the network's audience.

• Community Manager

CW

Name: Arrow
Greenlight to Series
Creator: Greg Berlanti (creator of Everwood, co-creator of Jack & Bobby, Eli Stone, No Ordinary Family), Marc Guggenheim (co-creator of Eli Stone), and Andrew Kreisberg (writer for Fringe and The Vampire Diaries)
Other:
Based on the Comic Book Character: Green Arrow
Director: David Nutter (director of numerous pilots)
Cast:
Stephen Amell (Private Practice, Hung, 90210, Heartland, Rent-a-Goalie)...Oliver Queen
Katie Cassidy (Melrose Place, Supernatural, Harper's Island, Gossip Girl)...Laurel
Susanna Thompson (Once and Again, Kings)...Moira Queen
Willa Holland (The OC, Gossip Girl)...Thea Queen
Colin Donnell (Pan Am)...Tommy Merlyn
David Ramsay (Dexter, Mother and Child, Ghost Whisperer, One on One)...John Tiggle
Paul Blackthorne (The River, Presidio Med, 24, Lipstick Jungle)...Detective Quentin Lance
Jamey Sheridan (Shannon's Deal, The Stand, Law & Order: Criminal Intent, Trauma)...Robert Queen
Colin Salmon (James Bond films)...Walter Steele

About: The Green Arrow character (Stephen Amell), but in a different universe than the DC one.

Will it Be Good: A good creative team and a good cast are good signs. The costume picture released showed promise. The buzz has been good.
Will it Be a Hit: When adapting a superhero TV show, it can be risky but it can pay off. It won't help that comic book fans of the character will probably be pissed that this won't be an adaption of the comic stories, just the character.

Name: Beauty & The Beast
Greenlight to Series
Creator: Jennifer Levin (writer for Unforgettable, Brothers & Sisters, Without a Trace) and Sherri Cooper (writer for Unforgettable, Brothers & Sisters, Everwood)
Other:
Adaption of the TV Series: Beauty and the Beast
Originally Created By: Ron Koslow
Director: Gary Fleder (director for Life Unexpected, Life on Mars, Happy Town, October Road)
Cast:
Kristin Kreuk (Smallville, Edgemont)...Catherine
Jay Ryan (Neighbours, Sea Patrol, Go Girls, Offspring, Terra Nova)...Vincent Koslow
Austin Basis (Life Unexpected)...JT
Nicole Gale Anderson (JONAS L.A., Make it or Break It)...Heather Chandler
Nina Lisandrello...Tess O'Malley
Max Brown (Grange Hill, Crossroads, Hollyoaks, Mistresses, Foyle's War, The Tudors, Spooks)...Evan
Brian White (Spyder Games, Second Time Around, Moonlight, The Shield, Men of a Certain Age)...Joe

About: A re-imagining of the 1987-1990 series of the same name.

Will it Be Good: It hasn't attracted the best cast in the world, but the creative team behind it is decent. This might be good, but I'm doubtful. The buzz has been good.
Will it Be a Hit: This seems like the show the CW can make into a hit.

Name: Carrie Diaries
Greenlight to Series
Creator: Amy Harris (writer for Sex and the City and Gossip Girl)
Other:
Based on the Novels: The Carrie Diaries
By: Candace Bushnell
Producer: Josh Schwartz (The OC, Chuck, Gossip Girl, Hart of Dixie)
Producer: Stephanie Savage (Gossip Girl, Hart of Dixie)
Director: Miquel Arteta (director for Enlightened, Six Feet Under and director of Youth in Revolt and Cedar Rapids)
Cast:
AnnaSophia Robb (Because of Winn-Dixie, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Soul Surfer)...Carrie
Austin Butler (Aliens in the Attic, Zoey 101, Life Unexpected, Ruby & the Rockits)...Sebastian Kydd
Stefania Owen (Running Wilde)...Dorrit
Katie Findlay (The Killing)...Maggie Landers
Ellen Wong (Scott Pilgrim vs. the World)...Jill “The Mouse” Thompson
Brendan Dooling (Unforgettable)...Walt
Freema Agyeman (Doctor Who, Torchwood, Law & Order: UK)...Larisse
Matt Letscher (Good Morning, Miami, Joey, The Mask of Zorro, Eli Stone)...Tom Bradshaw
Chloe Bridges (Freddie, 90210)...Donna Ladonna

About: A prequel to Sex and the City, following Carrie's (AnnaSophia Robb) high school days.

Will it Be Good: It has acquired a pretty decent cast and the creative team behind it is really good. Sex and the City Fans will probably nitpick it to death but they'll probably end up liking the show. There has been good buzz from this show.
Will it Be a Hit: Yes. Sex and the City still has a lot of fans, plus add in all the CW fans and you got a sure hit for the CW.

Name: Cult
Greenlight to Series
Creator: Rockne S. O'Bannon (Alien Nation, seaQuest DSV, The Triangle, Farscape)
Other:
Producer: Josh Schwartz (The OC, Chuck, Gossip Girl, Hart of Dixie)
Producer: Stephanie Savage (Gossip Girl, Hart of Dixie)
Director: Jason Ensler (director for Hart of Dixie and Franklin and Bash)
Cast:
Jessica Lucas (Melrose Place, Edgemont, 2030 CE, Life as We Know It, Friends with Benefits)...Skye
Matt Davis (Legally Blond, Blue Crush, BloodRayne, What About Brian, The Vampire Diaries)...Jeff
Alona Tal (Cane)...TBA/“Kelly Collins”
Robert Knepper (Prison Break, Heroes, Hitman, Transporter 3)...Roger Reeves/”Billy Grimm”
Andrew Leeds (Bones, Castle, The Mentalist, Dirt, Nip/Tuck, The Practice)...Kyle Segal

About: A young female production assistant (Jessica Lucas) on a wildly popular television show joins a popular blogger (Matt Davis) in investigating the rabid fanbase of the shows who might be recreating the crime scenes seen in the show.

Will it Be Good: This is a project that has suffered a lot of bad luck, but it has managed to preserve because WBTV really believes in it. That's a good sign. It's attracting a good cast and the talent behind the camera is pretty good. The pilot is gaining momentum within the network.
Will it Be a Hit: This would be a huge risk, a risk that I don't even know if the CW is willing to take.

Name: First Cut
Greenlight to Series
Creator: Jennie Snyder (writer for 90210)
Other:
Director: Bharat Nalluri (director for Spooks, Life on Mars, Hustle, Outcasts)
Cast:
Mamie Gummer (John Adams, The Good Wife, Off the Map)...Emily
Justin Hartley (Passions, Smallville)...Will
Michael Rady (Melrose Place, The Mentalist)...Micah Ellis
Kelly J. McCreary (Cyberchase, White Collar)...Tyra Granger
Aja Naomi King (Person of Interest, Blue Bloods)...Cassandra Kopelson
Necar Zadegan (24, The Event)...Gina Beckett
Jack Coleman (Dynasty, Heroes, The Vampire Diaries, Criminal Minds, The Office)...Tim Granger

About: A nerdy doctor (Mamie Gummer) discovers that hospitals are just like high school except with more death!

Will it Be Good: This isn't a project that excites me. The premise isn't promising and the creative team is decent. It has managed to attract a pretty good cast, which is good news. I hear Mamie Gummer is amazing in this role and she is giving the pilot good buzz.
Will it Be a Hit: This could be paired with Hart of Dixie, but I don't see it doing well with any other show.

Name: Joey Dakota
Creator: Bert V. Royal (writer for Easy A)
Other:
Based on the Isreali Series: Danny Hollywood
Created By: Ori Gross and Tmira Yardeni
Cast:
Craig Horner (Cybergirl, Legend of the Seeker, Blue Water High, H20: Just Add Water)...Joey Dakota
Amber Stevens (Greek)...Maya Beaumont
Leah Renee (MVP, Runaway, Blue Mountain State, The Playboy Club)...Kelsey O'Neal
Scott Wolf (Party of Five, Everwood, The Nine, V)...Franklin
Erich Bergen (Gossip Girl, Desperate Housewives, Person of Interest)...Nicky
Brooklyn Sudano (My Wife and Kids, Cuts, 90210, The Unit, Friends with Benefits)...Holly

About: A documentary filmmaker (Amber Stevens) somehow travels to the 90s and falls in love with the musical icon (Craig Horner) she is covering and then goes back to the present and must now find a way to stop his untimely death.

Will it Be Good: This sounds a bit convoluted to work, but it has a good cast and a good creative team. This risky time-traveling musical apparently has good singing portions.
Will it Be a Hit: If the CW can sell this show, then yes. But it's going to be a really tough sell.

Name: The Selection
Creator: Elizabeth Craft (writer for the Vampire Diaries) and Sarah Fain (writer for the Vampire Diaries)
Other:
Based on the Forthcoming Book Series: Selection
Author: Kiera Cass
Director: Mark Piznarski (director for Veronica Mars, The Lying Game, Gossip Girl, 90210, NYPD Blue, Friday Night Lights, Everwood, My So-Called Life, Relativity, In Plain Sight, To Love and Die)
Cast:
Aimee Teegarden (Friday Night Lights, Scream 4, Prom)...America Singer
Ethan Peck (10 Things I Hate About You, Gossip Girl)...Prince Maxon
Leonor Varela (Cleopatra, Arrested Development)...Queen Amberly
Martin Donovan (Weeds, Pasadena, Wonderland, The Dead Zone, Ghost Whisperer)...King Clarkson
Celia Kate Massingham (Reef and Beer)...Lucy
Peta Sergeant (Jeopardy, Headland, Satisfaction, Canal Road, All Saints)...Gaia Woods
Sean Patrick Thomas (Save the Last Dance, The District, Ringer, Reaper, Lie to Me)...Sylvan Santos
Andrew Elvis Miller (One Tree Hill, Up, Up, Down, Down)...Gavril Fedaye
William Moseley (Chronicles of Narnia, Goodbye Mr. Chips, Cider with Rosie)...Aspen Leger

About: Three hundred years in the future, a woman (Aimee Teegarden) is chosen by a lottery to participate in a competition to become the next queen of a war-torn nation at a crossroads.

Will it Be Good: It doesn't have the best of cast, but I suspect the CW wanted unknowns for this TV show. It does have a good creative team behind it. The CW is liking this pilot due to the Hunger Games kinship but no word yet on whether it's actually good.
Will it Be a Hit: The Hunger Games is a hit. If the pilot is terrible, it won't make it. Otherwise, expect this to be the big show the CW is going to push.

Name: Shelter
Creator: Mark Schwahn (creator of One Tree Hill)
Other:
Producer: J.J. Abrams (creator of Alias and co-creator of Felicity, Lost, Fringe, Undercovers)
Director: Liz Friedlander (director of Take the Leader, director for One Tree Hill, The Vampire Diaries, Privileged, Pretty Little Liars, 90210, Melrose Place, Outlaw, Gossip Girl)
Cast:
Elizabeth Henstridge (Hollyoaks)...Grace
Hannah New...Kathryn Gilchrist
Eka Darville (Blue Water High, Power Rangers RPM, The Elephant Princess, Terra Nova)...Bobby
Trent Ford (The West Wing, Smallville, The Class, The Vampire Diaries)...Tyler Green
Malese Jow (Unfabulous, The Vampire Diaires)...
Zachary Abel (Make It Or Break It)...

About: A historic New England summer resort where the staff attend to the needs of the guests.

Will it Be Good: I would have said no, but Abrams involvement intrigues me. It isn't attracting the best cast, though.
Will it Be a Hit: It's a risk, but the CW needs to take some risks.

• Community Manager

FOX

Comedies

Name: El Jefe [stands for the Boss]
Creator: David Guarascio and Moses Port (creators of Aliens in America)
Other:
Director: Michael Patrick Jann (director for The State, Reno 911!, Little Britain USA, Emily's Reasons Why Not, Children's Hospital, Friends with Benefits, Happy Endings, The Wedding Band)
Cast:
Ryan Hansen (Veronica Mars, Friday the 13th, Party Down, Friends with Benefits)...Josh Turkus
Mercedes Ruehl (Academy Award Winner, Golden Globe Nominee, The Fisher King)...Delmi
Victor Rasuk (How to Make it In America, ER, Lords of Dogtown)...Alfonso “Al” Rodriquez
Ana Nogueira...Maria Rodriquez
Jessica Camacho (Dexter, Gossip Girl, The Wedding Band, The Mentalist, Undercovers)...Lucia
Will Greenburg (Modern Family, Entourage, Kath & Kim, Happy Endings)...Noel/Leon Landsman

About: A guy (Ryan Hansen) gets booted out of his dad and step-mom's home and is forced to move into his cleaning woman's (Mercedes Ruehl) family since he has nowhere to go.

Will it Be Good: This has a pretty good cast and the creators of the show are known for being respctful of other cultures. This might actually work. This is getting solid early buzz.
Will it Be a Hit: Rob's premiere shows that people won't mind a comedy revolving around an American entering a Mexican family-it just needs to be funny to keep them.

Name: The Goodwin Games
Greenlight to Series
Creator: Carter Bays, Craig Thomas (co-creators of How I Met Your Mother) and Chris Harris (writer for How I Met Your Mother)
Other:
Director: Peyton Reed (Bring it On, The Break-Up, Yes Man, director for Cashmere Mafia)
Cast:
Becki Newton (Ugly Betty, Love Bites)...Coney
Scott Foley (The Unit, Felicity, Scream 3)...Henry
Jake Lacy (Better with You)...Jimmy
Felisha Terrell (Days of Our Lives)...Lucinda Hobbes
Melissa Tang (CSI, Harry's Law)...Lawrence Butler

About: After the death of their father, three siblings (Becki Newton/Scott Foley/Jake Lacy) reconnect.

Will it Be Good: It has an excellent team behind it and has attracted a great cast. This is getting strong buzz.
Will it Be a Hit: I could see this being able to open nicely, but this could also flop.

Name: Let It Go
Creator: DJ Nash (writer for Out of Practice, Hank, Accidentally on Purpose, 'Til Death, Traffic Light, Bent)
Other:
Producer: Peter Tolan (creator of Style & Substance, The George Wendt Show, Wednesdays 9:30 (8:30 central) and co-creator of The Job, Rescue Me)
Cast:
Zachary Levi (Less than Perfect, Chuck)...Ben
Kat Foster (The Unusuals, 'Til Death)...Gracie
Joel David Moore (Dodgeball, Avatar, Bones, Grandma's Boy, LAX, Medium)...Spencer
Camille Guaty (Gotta Kick It Up!, The Nine, Las Vegas, Cupid)...Charlie

About: A married couple (Zachary Levi/Kat Foster), the guy's best friend (Joel David Moore), and the girl's sister (Camille Guaty) as they navigate through life.

Will it Be Good: Let it Go has a good lead with a decent supporting cast. The creator has a lot of experience in television and one of the producers will ensure that the comedy works.
Will it Be a Hit: This could fit in very well with the hit New Girl. It needs a better title.

Name: Like Father
Creator: Bill Lawrence (creator of Scrubs and co-creator of Cougar Town, Spin City, and Clone High)
Other:
Director: Bill Lawrence (creator of Scrubs and co-creator of Cougar Town, Spin City, and Clone High)
Cast:
Colin Ferguson (Eureka)...Van Lyons
Robbie Amell (True Jackson, VP, Picture This, How I Met Your Mother)...Will Lyons
Phill Lewis (The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, The Suite Life on Deck, The Wayans Bros)...Rick Street
Kevin Michael Martin (Desperate Housewives, NCIS, Franklin & Bash, Perfect Couples)...Rob Ruby
Erin Daniels (The L Word, A Single Man, One Hour Photo)...Ali
Alexis Knapp (Project X)...Dylan

About: Father (Colin Ferguson)-son (Robbie Amell) relationship.

Will it Be Good: Probably. It has a great creative force behind it and the cast is decent. The buzz has been mixed so far.
Will it Be a Hit: This could end up becoming a hit, but Bill Lawrence has a habit of creating cult hits and not mainstream hits (outside of Scrubs.)

Name: Little Brother
Creator: Mike Royce (co-creator of Men of a Certain Age) and Fintan Ryan (writer for Hustle)
Other:
Director: Shawn Levy (Real Steel, Night of the Museum, Date Night, The Pink Panther, Cheaper by the Dozen, Just Married, Big Fat Liar)
Cast:
John Stamos (Full House, ER, Glee)...Tim
T.J. Miller (Carpoolers)...Justin
Gillian Vigman (MADtv, Sons & Daughters, The Defenders, The Hangover)...Katie
Rosa Salazar (Parenthood)...Odetta
Izabela Vidovic (Up All Night, Harry's Law)...Sam

About: Man (John Stamos) discovers he has a half-brother (T.J. Miller), who happens to be an ex-con.

Will it Be Good: It has a good team behind it and the cast is turning out to be good. So far, the buzz has been pretty good with FOX being impressed by the chemistry between Stamos and Miller.
Will it Be a Hit: I could see this being a hit.

Name: Living Loaded
Creator: Rob McElhenney (creator of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia), Dan Dunn, Rob Russell (writer for It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia)
Other:
Based on the Book: Living Loaded
Book's Author: Dan Dunn
Cast:
Mike Vogel (Grounded for Like, Miami Medical, Pan Am)...Dan Deegan
Michael Marc Friedman (Days of Our Lives, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia)...Bobby
Donald Sutherland (The Dirty Dozen, MASH, Kelly's Heroes, The Hunger Games)...Grant Deegan
Larry Wilmore (Emmy Winner, The Daily Show, Accidentally on Purpose, Happy Endings)...Leonard
Anna Maria Horsford (Amen, Friday, Friday After Next, The Wayans Bros.)...Bernie Mash
Kaitlyn Black (Hart of Dixie)...Maureen
Sugar Lyn Beard (The Amazing Spiez, Weeds, 50/50)...Maureen

About: A hard-partying blogger (Mike Vogel) who changes his ways when he becomes an NPR radio host.

Will it Be Good: It's managed to get a pretty good cast, and the creative team behind it is good. I'd be surprised if FOX doesn't like it. The buzz has been mixed so far.
Will it Be a Hit: It doesn't have a big name, outside of Donald Sutherland, to draw people in so it's going to depend on the marketing. This will more than likely bit a cult show-I'm getting that kind of vibe so far.

Name: Ned Fox is My Manny
Greenlight to Series
Creator: Dana Fox (writer for Couple's Retreat, What Happens in Vegas, The Wedding Date)
Other:
Director: Jake Kasdan (director for New Girl)
Cast:
Nat Faxon (Oscar Winner, Happy Hour, Orange County, Walk Hard, Beerfest, Grosse Pointe)...Ned Fox
Dakota Johnson (21 Jump Street, Goats, Theo, Beastly, The Social Network)...Kate
Maggie Jones (We Bought a Zoo)...Maddie
Lucy Punch (Doc Martin, The Class, Hot Fuzz, Bad Teacher)...BJ
Echo Kellum...Tommy
Austin Stowell (The Secret Life of the American Teenager, Dolphin Tale)...Ryan

About: A single mom (Dakota Johnson) has her aimless brother (Nat Faxon) come in to help her raise her daughter (Maggie Jones).

Will it Be Good: It has a decent cast but I have my doubts due to the creative team. This might be good, it might not be.
Will it Be a Hit: I could see this being paired with cult hit Raising Hope, but I don't see this being a mainstream hit.

Name: Prodigy Bully
Creator: Mike O'Malley (writer for Shameless)
Other:
Based on Short Films by: Hank Perlman
Producer: John Wells (co-creator of Third Watch, former showrunner of ER and The West Wing, Shameless producer)
Director: Peter Segal (director of Get Smart, 50 First Dates, Anger Management, Tommy Boy)
Cast:
Thomas Vaethroeder...Audie Murphy
Mike O'Malley (Glee, Yes, Dear, The Mike O'Malley Show, Life with Roger)...Tommy Murphy
Missi Pyle (The Artist, Galaxy Quest, Dodgeball, Big Fish, 50 First Dates)...Celeste Murphy
Hayley Holmes (The Guild, 90210, The Middle, Good Luck Charlie)...Jackie Murphy
Cody Sullivan (Criminal Minds)...Colby
Ysa Penajero (All Kids Count)...Heather Kwitowksi-Welch
Chloe Noelle (True Blood)...Molly Murphy

About: A young boy genius (Thomas Vaethroeder) who uses his brains and brawn to be a bully.

Will it Be Good: This is the second time this pilot has been ordered, last time on NBC, so this time it might make it. It has gottena decent cast amongst the adults, which is a good sign. I have hope.
Will it Be a Hit: I could see this being a cult hit but I also see this being able to actually break out into mainstream.

Name: Rebounding
Creator: Joe Port & Joe Wiseman (writers for Perfect Couples, Dilbert, Manhattan, AZ, Just Shoot Me, and Son of the Beach)
Other:
Producer: Steven Levitan (creator of Just Shoot Me!, Stark Raving Mad, Stacked, Back to You, Modern Family)
Director: Jason Winer (director for Modern Family and New Girl)
Cast:
Will Forte (Saturday Night Live, MacGruber, 30 Rock)...Danny Markle
Malcolm Barrett (Better Off Ted)...Ravi Shah
Hayes MacArthur (Perfect Couples)...Dave Teller
Matt Jones (Breaking Bad, Red State, NCIS)...Eli Kaplan
Amanda Walsh (Sons and Daughters)...Taryn
Andrea Savage (Step Brothers, Dog Bites Man, Funny or Die Presents, Sweet Valley High)...Amanda

About: A man (Will Forte) gets over the death of his fiance with the help from his basketball team. Based loosely on Joe Port's real life.

Will it Be Good: It has a good cast and an experienced creative team behind it, which is a good sign. The buzz has apparently been extremely solid at FOX, as it's currently considered red-hot.
Will it Be a Hit: What is it with FOX ordering potential comedy cult hits? Here's yet another one.

Name: Untitled Mindy Kaling Project
Greenlight to Series
Creator: Mindy Kaling (writer for the Office)
Other:
Director: Charles McDougall (Emmy Winner, Director for The Good Wife, Desperate Housewives, The Chicago Code, Sex and the City, The Office)
Cast:
Mindy Kaling (The Office)...Mira
Chris Messina (Six Feet Under, Damages, Rounders, The Siege, You've Got Mail)...Clayton Brooks
Dana DeLorenzo (Eaglehart, 2 Broke Girls, In the Flow with Afflon Crockett)...Gwen
Ed Weeks (Comedy: Shuffle, The IT Crowd, Olivia Lee: Dirty, Sexy, Funny)...Jeremy Reed
Zoe Jarman (Greek, Huge, He's Just Not That Into You, The Prototype, Visions of Terror)...Betsy
Anna Camp (True Blood, Mad Men, The Good Wife)...Gwen
Bill Hader (Saturday Night Live, Superbad, Hot Rod, Tropic Thunder, Paul)...Tom
Ed Helms (The Daily Show, The Office, The Hangover films)...Dennis
Richard Schiff (Emmy Winner, The West Wings)...Marc Schulman

About: A young “Bridget Jones” OBGYN doctor (Mindy Kaling) trying to navigate both her professional and personal lives.

Will it Be Good: It has acquired a decent cast and some really good guest stars (like Ed Helms) so there's hope for this show. There has been some good buzz to the show due to Kaling's involvement and it seems to be good: this pilot is currently hot.
Will it Be a Hit: At the same time, I also don't see this really being a breakout hit.

• Community Manager

FOX

Dramas

Name: The Asset
Creator: Josh Friedman (creator of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles)
Other:
Director: Neil Burger (The Illusionist, Limitless)
Cast:
Ali Larter (Heroes, Varsity Blues, Final Destination, Obsessed, Resident Evil films)...Anna King
Bradley Whitford (Emmy Winner, The West Wing, Studio 60 on Sunset Strip, The Good Guys)...Leo
Jamie Chung (The Real World: San Diego,Sucker Punch, Dragonball Evolution)...May Kent
Hamish Linkalter (Gideon's Crossing, The New Adventures of Old Christine)...Asher Wallach

About: A female CIA agent (Ali Larter).

Will it Be Good: The cast is rounding up to be good so far, and I can see Ali Larter as a good CIA agent. This is getting excellent buzz.
Will it Be a Hit: I could see this being a hit, but it'll need a good marketing campaign and it'll need to distinguish itself.

Name: Guilty
Creator: Greg Berlanti (creator of Everwood, co-creator of Jack & Bobby, Eli Stone, No Ordinary Family)
Other:
Producer: Marc Guggenheim (co-creator of Eli Stone)
Director: McG (Chuck pilot director, also director of Charlie's Angels and Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle)
Cast:
Cuba Gooding Jr. (Oscar Winner, Jerry Maquire, Red Tails)...William “Billy” Remz
Julian Morris (ER, Pretty Little Liars, Cry Wolf, Sorority Row)...Alex Sitterson
Eva Amurri Martino (Middle of Nowhere)...Lily Agostoni
Jay Harrington (Better Off Ted, Summerland, The Inside, Coupling, Desperate Housewives)...Scott
Sharon Leal (Legacy, Guiding Light, Boston Public, LAX, Private Practice, Hellcats)...Sara Remz

About: A lawyer (Cuba Gooding Jr.) is stripped of his legal license so he decides to solve the cases he's prohibited in representing in court and getting back at the people who set him up.

Will it Be Good: The last time these two collaborated, they created a critically-well received quirky show called Eli Stone. It's likely that they can make another good show, but this premise just sounds to convoluted to be any good. This hasn't stopped it from getting a good cast, but I'm still wary of it. This is getting good buzz.
Will it Be a Hit: This seems like a show that will just do bubble numbers.

Name: Untitled Karyn Usher Project
Creator: Karyn Usher (writer for the Playboy Club)
Other:
Director: Brett Ratner (director of Rush Hour series, X-Men: The Last Stand, Tower Heist and director for Prison Break and Chaos)
Cast:
Saxon Sharbino (Friday Night Lights)...Jane Forsythe
Angela Bassett (Oscar Nominee, Emmy Nominee, Golden Globe Winner, What's Love Got to do With It, Our America, Storytime, The Rosa Parks Story)...Alice Vargas
Julian McMahon (Golden Globe Nominee, Charmed, Nip/Tuck, Fantastic Four films)...Kevin Lear
Louise Lombard (CSI, Bodyguards, The House of Elliot, Capital City)...Wendy
Rick Schroder (The Champ, Silver Spoons, Lonesome Dove, NYPD Blue, 24, Strong Medicine)...Charlie Forsythe
Greg Ellis (Pirates of the Carribean film series, Star Trek, Titanic, Beowulf)...Peter Reid

About: An orphaned daughter (Saxon Sharbino) of of a CIA operative (Rick Schroder) is recruited to be an operative herself.

Will it Be Good: It has gotten a good cast and I like this interesting premise-it seems to fit into the current pop culture trend of violent badass girls. This is getting excellent buzz.
Will it Be a Hit: A trend that hasn't gotten in television yet. Will this show start that trend or ensure that no-one tries it in a broadcast network?

Name: Untitled Kevin Williamson Project
Greenlight to Series
Creator: Kevin Williamson (creator of Dawon's Creek, Glory Days, and Hidden Palms, co-creator of the Vampire Diaries and the Secret Circle)
Other:
Director: Marcos Siega (director for the Vampire Diaries and Dexter)
Cast:
Kevin Bacon (Footloose, Apollo 13, A Few Good Men, X-Men: First Class)...Ryan Hardy
Jeananne Goossen (Alcatraz, NCIS, 11 Cameras, Wild Roses)...Jennifer Mason
James Purefoy (Rome, The Philanthropist, Camelot)…Joe Carroll
Shawn Ashmore (Animorphs, X-Men series)…Agent Weston
Valorie Curry (Veronica Mars, Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2)...Denise
Nico Tortorella (The Beautiful Life: TBL, Make it or Beak It, Scream 4)....Will Wilson
Natalie Zea (Passions, Dirty Sexy Money, Justified)...Claire Mathews
Adan Canto (Te presento a Laura, Amar no es Querer, Los Minondo)...Billy
Maggie Grace (Murder in Greenwich, Lost, The Fog, Taken, Malice in Wonderland)...Dr. Sarah Fuller

About: A serial killer (James Purefoy) who has his own cult of serial killers and the investigating FBI agent (Kevin Bacon) who finds himself in the middle of it all.

Will it Be Good: Yes, I have every faith Kevin Williamson will create a good show. Kevin Bacon is a notable film star who hasn't done a serious TV role in a long way. Getting him shows that this might be a great show to begin with. The rest of the cast is also turning out to be good. This is getting excellent buzz and is considered a sure thing.
Will it Be a Hit: Kevin Bacon isn't a big-name draw, I believe, but I do think this will start off big.

Name: Untitled Rob Wright Project
Greenlight to Series
Creator: Rob Wright (writer for Drop Dead Diva) and Josh Berman (creator of Drop Dead Diva, Killer Instinct, Vanished)
Other:
Director: Michael Donner (Emmy-winner, Director for Justified)
Cast:
Jordana Spiro (My Boys)...Grace Devlin
William Forsythe (Boardwalk Empire, The Untouchables, John Doe)...Alexander Constantine
James Carpinello (So NoTORious, Rock of Ages)...Franco
Jesse Lee Soffer (As the World Turns)...Danny Devlin
Jaime Lee Kirchner (Mercy, Just Legal)...Olivia Watson
Zach Gilford (Friday Night Lights, Off the Map)...Brett Robinson

About: A female doctor (Jordana Spiro) working for the mob.

Will it Be Good: It has a decent cast, and a good creative team so there's potential here. This is getting good buzz.
Will it Be a Hit: I guess it has a chance.

• Community Manager

NBC

Comedies

Name: 1600 Penn
Greenlight to Series
Creator: Jon Lovett (Former Speechwriter for President Obama) and Josh Gad (writer for Gigi: Almost American)
Other:
Director: Jason Winer (Arthur)
Cast:
Josh Gad (Back to You)...Skip
Jenna Elfman (Dharma & Greg, Accidentally on Purpose, Townies, Damages)...First Lady Emily
Martha MacIsaac (Emily of New Moon, Di-Gata Defenders, Magi-Nation, Greek)...Becca
Bill Pullman (Ruthless People, Spaceballs, Independence Day, Casper, Scary Movie 4)...President Dale
Andre Holland (Friends with Benefits)...Marshall Malloy
Amara Miller (The Descendants)...Marigold
Benjamin Stockham (Sons of Tucson)...Xander

About: A dysfunctional family that jus happens to live on 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington D.C. For those that don't know, that's the White House.

Will it Be Good: An excellent case is good news although I'm not so sure of the behind-the-scenes talent. Writing speeches for a President is one thing, writing fictional characters in a script is another thing. This pilot is currently hot.
Will it Be a Hit: I could see this fitting in with Parks and Recreation.

Name: Animal Kingdom
Greenlight to Series
Creator: Alessandro Tanaka and Brian Gatewood (co-writers of The Sitter)
Other:
Director: Anthony and Joe Russo (Emmy Winners, directors for Happy Endings, Community, Carpoolers, Arrested Development, Running Wilde)
Cast:
Justin Kirk (Emmy Nominee, Angels in America, Weeds)...Dr. George Coleman
Amy Huberman (On Home Ground, The Clinic, Threesome)...Dorothy
Tyler Labine (Invasion, Reaper, Sons of Tucson, Breaker High, Mad Love)...Dr. Doug Jackson
Bobby Lee (MADtv, Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle, Pineapple Express)...Dr. Kim
Kym Whitley (Sparks, The Parkers, The Boondocks, Meet the Browns)...Juanita

About: A vet (Justin Kirk) who lives by the laws of the jungle. Whatever that means.

Will it Be Good: It's got an interesting cast. The Russo brothers gives me confidence that this has some potential. This is getting good buzz.
Will it Be a Hit: Workplace comedies have a home on NBC Thursday nights.

Name: Downwardly Mobile
Creator: Eric Gilliland (creator of That's Life), John Argent (creator of The Tipping Point), Roseanne Barr (co-creator of Roseanne)
Other:
Director: Gail Mancuso (director for Roseanne, Friends, Ellen, Dharma & Greg, Modern Family)
Cast:
Roseanne Bar (Roseanne)...Rose Davis
John Goodman (Roseanne, Treme)...Buzz
Romy Rosemont (Sharks, Grey's Anatomy, CSI, Prison Break, Private Practice, Glee, Fringe)...Sheila
Mary Birdsong (The Descendants, Reno 911!, The Daily Show, Crossballs)...Kathie Lee
Greg Cromer (The Middle, Community, Happy Endings)...Mr. Denby
Tricia O'Kelley (The New Adventures of Old Christine)...Mrs. Denby
Greg Cromer (Community, The Middle)...Mr. Denby
Hector Duran (Shameless)...Ricky
Jason Antoon (Kings, Vamped Out, No Ordinary Family)....Wendell

About: A lower middle class family living in a mobile home community.

Will it Be Good: I guess this will determine if Roseanne is still funny and not just flat-out crazy. This is getting good buzz.
Will it Be a Hit: Roseanne alone would have attracted a lot of her fans, but I imagine even more will tune in now to see the Roseanne and John reunion.

Name: Friday Night Dinner
Creator: Greg Daniels (creator of The Office and co-creator Parks and Recreation)
Other:
Based on the British Series: Friday Night Dinner
Which was Created By: Robert Popper
Director: Ken Kwapis (He's Just Not That Into You, Big Miracle)
Cast:
Gary Anthony Williams (Weeds, Boston Legal, Malcolm in the Middle, Blue Collar TV)...Mr. Marley
Allison Janney (Golden Globe Nominee and Emmy Winner, Mr. Sunshine, The West Wing)...Barbara
Tony Shalhoub (Golden Globe Winner and Emmy Winner, Wings, Monk, Stark Raving Mad)...Gene
Kevin Bigley (CSI: Miami)...Paul
Gil Ozeri (NTSF:SD:SVU, Happy Endings)...Gary
Aya Cash (Traffic Light)...Lizzy

About: A traditional Jewish family and their shabbat dinners.

Will it Be Good: Greg Daniels is a good writer, even though once again he's adapting another British series. It has an excellent cast, which probably means it's going to turn out good. This pilot is currently hot.
Will it Be a Hit: It'll have a nice opening thanks to Tony Shalhoub and Allison Janney.

Name: Go On
Greenlight to Series
Creator: Scott Silveri (co-creator of Perfect Couples)
Other:
Director: Todd Holland (director for the Larry Saunders Show, Malcolm in the Middle, Sons of Tucson)
Cast:
Matthew Perry (Golden Globe Nominee, Emmy Nominee, Friends, The Ron Clark Story, Mr. Sunshine, Studio 60 on Sunset Strip)....Ryan King
Laura Benanti (Tony Winner, Starved, Eli Stone, The Playboy Club)...Lauren
Julie White (Grace Under Fire, Transformers films) ...Anne
Suzy Nakamura (Help Me Help You, The West Wing, The Closer, Daddio)...Yolanda
Allison Miller (Kings, Terra Nova)...Carrie
Khary Payton (Emily's Reasons Why Not, General Hospital)...Don
Bill Cobbs (The Michael Richards Show, The Outer Limits, I'll Fly Away, Yes, Dear, The Sopranos, The Others, JAG, The Drew Carrey Show, October Road, One Tree Hill)...George

About: A sportscaster (Mathew Perry) who tries to move on from a loss and finds surprising solace from his mandatory group therapy.

Will it Be Good: This has an amazing cast and the director for the pilot has some solid experience.
Will it Be a Hit: This show could pair well with “Community”

Name: Guys with Kids
Greenlight to Series
Creator: Charlie Grandy (writer for the Office)
Other:
Producer: Jimmy Fallon (from Late Night with Jimmy Fallon)
Director: Scott Ellis (director for Modern Family, Hung, Weeds, Desperate Housewives, Frasier)
Cast:
Zach Cregger (The Whitest Kids U'Know, Friends with Benefits)...Nick
Anthony Anderson (All About the Andersons, The Bernie Mac Show, K-Ville, The Shield)...Gary
Jesse Bradford (The West Wing, Outlaw, Flags of Our Fathers, King of the Hill)...Chris
Jamie-Lynn Sigler (The Sopranos, Entourage)...Emily
Tempestt Bledsoe (The Cosby Show, Clean House)...Marny
Sara Rue (Popular, Less than Perfect, Shedding for the Wedding, Rules with Engagement)...Sheila

About: Three thirtysomething guys (Zach Cregger/Anthony Adverse/Jesse Bradford) who love parenting even though they have yet to grow up.

Will it Be Good: It has a pretty strong comedic talent working behind-the-scenes and the cast is rather good. This has a lot of potential to be good. This is getting almost great buzz.
Will it Be a Hit: I could see this complimenting “Up All Night” rather well.

Name: Isabel
Creator: Howard Busgang (creator of The Blobheads, co-creator of The Tournament) and Tom Nursall (writer for Single White Spenny)
Other:
Director: Todd Holland (Free Agents)
Based on French TV series: Le Monde de Charlotte
Cast:
Sophia Schloss (Grimm)...Isabel Lorenz
Marcia Gay Harden (Oscar and Tony Winner, Pollock)...Francis Lorenz
Kevin Nealon (Weeds)...Louis Lorenz
Abigail Mavity (Zeke & Luther)...Karen Lorenz
Skyler Gisondo (Pysch)...Eric Lorenz
Alex Desert (The Flash, Becker, Boy Meets World)...Dr. David Zucco

About: An angry normal middle-class family who just happens to have a daughter (Sophia Schloss) with magical qualities. So in other words, just like every American family. Wait...you're family doesn't have a daughter with magical qualities?

Will it Be Good: Some Canadian comedy writers come to America and sell us to adapt a French TV show that sounds eerily like Sabrina, the Teenage Witch. As it is, I have no idea if this show will be any good but man is NBC desperate. The cast of the show is rather decent, and it has some good adult leads. This is definably in contention for pick-up.
Will it Be a Hit: I'm not sure where NBC will fit with this schedule, but it could break out I guess.

Name: Lady Friends
Creator: Kari Lizer (creator of the New Adventures of Old Christine)
Other:
Cast:
Andrea Anders (Joey, The Class, Better Off Ted)...Nicole
Minni Driver (Oscar Nominee, Emmy Nominee, Good Will Hunting, The Riches)...Jen
Danny Comden (I'm With Her, Urban Legend, Pretty Persuasion)...Davis
Rachel Dratch (Saturday Night Live)...Lisa
Josh Hopkins (Cougar Town)...Rob Lampert
Tymberlee Hill (Grey's Anatomy, The Guild)...Susan

About: Two female besties (Andrea Anders/Minni Driver) who live very different lives but can't live without each other.

Will it Be Good: While I didn't much like the New Adventures of Old Christine, I actually think this is a comedy that can work since it has an excellent cast and a good director. This is getting great buzz.
Will it Be a Hit: Andrea Anders hasn't been in a hit show yet, but this might be it.

Name: New Normal
Greenlight to Series
Creator: Ryan Murphy (co-creator of Glee, Popular, and American Horror Story and creator of Nip/Tuck) and Allison Adler (writer for Glee, Family Guy, No Ordinary Family, and Chuck)
Other:
Director: Ryan Murphy (directed Glee and American Horror Story pilots)
Cast:
Justin Bartha (National Treasure, The Hangover Films)...David Murray
Georgia King (Wild Child, Tormented)...Goldie
Andrew Rannells (The Book of Mormon)...Bryan Burkley
Ellen Barkin (Golden Globe Nominee, Switch, Before Women Had Wings)...Jane Forrest
Bebe Wood (Skindergarten)...Shania Clemmons
Jason Blair (The Hard Times of RJ Berger, Hot Hot Los Angeles)...Clay Clemmons
NeNe Leakes (The Real Housewives of Atlanta, Glee)...Rockys

About: A gay couple (Justin Bartha/Andrew Rannells) and the woman (Georgia King) surrogate to help them start a family.

Will it Be Good: Ryan Murphy is nothing but ambitious, but he has yet to ensure any of his products have actual quality. This doesn't look to be any different as it hasn't attracted the best cast possible.
Will it Be a Hit: More than likely. Ryan Murphey has yet to create a flop.

Name: Next Caller Please
Greenlight to Series
Creator: Stephen Falk (writer for Weeds)
Other:
Director: Marc Buckland (Emmy Winner, director for My Name is Earl, Ed, The Jake Effect, Scrubs)
Cast:
Dane Cook (Waiting..., Employee of the Month, Good Luck Chuck, Dan in Real Life)...Cam Doherty
Collette Wolfe (100 Questions, Cougar Town, Observe and Report)...Stella Hoobler
Joy Osmanski (The Loop)...Winnie Hyde
Ryan Devlin (Brothers & Sisters, Cougar Town, Grey's Anatomy, Veronica Mars, Big Shots)...Mason

About: The chaotic world of Satellite radio and centers around a former '90s boy-band member (Dane Cook) and a female blogger/podcaster (Collette Wolfe) who co-host a relationship call-in show. I imagine this will be a romantic comedy.

Will it Be Good: Dane Cook? Yeah, no this won't be good. This is getting good buzz.
Will it Be a Hit: Dane Cook was popular, and he still has his fans, so this might be one of the safest bets NBC has.

Name: Save Me
Greenlight to Series
Creator: John Scott Shepherd (writer for the Days)
Other:
Director: Scott Winant (director for True Blood)
Cast:
Anne Heche (Men in Trees, Another World, Hung)...Beth Harper
Michael Landes (Lois & Clark, Special Unit 2, Final Destination 2, The Wedding Bells)...Tom
Alexandra Breckenridge (Dirt, The Ex List, Family Guy, American Horror Story)...Carly
Heather Burns (Bored to Death, Twenty Good Years)...Jane Derring
Lamon Rucker (Meet the Browns)...John Wilkins
Madison Davenport (Over the Hedge, Shameless, Kit Kittredge: An American Girl)...Emily Harper

About: A woman (Anne Heche) who believes she is channeling God after an accident.

Will it Be Good: It's getting a somewhat decent cast, but it seems like it's attracting more drama talent than comedic talent. I'm not sure if this will be any good. This pilot is hot.
Will it Be a Hit: I don't believe so.

Name: Susan 313
Creator: Dan Sterling and Jon Schroeder (writers for the Sarah Silverman Program) with Sarah Silverman (creator of the Sarah Silverman Program)
Other:
Director: Ken Kwapis (Outsourced)
Cast:
Sarah Silverman (The Sarah Silverman Program)...Susan
Harris Wittels (Parks & Recreation)...Harris Wittels
June Diane Raphael (NTSF:SD:SUV, Players, Going the Distance, Year One)...Chelsea
Tig Notaro (The Sarah Silverman Program)...Beth Ann
Ken Leung (Lost)...Gene
Jeff Goldblum (Law & Order: Criminal Intent, Jurassic Park films, Independence Day)...Benny Burnet

About: A woman (Sarah Silverman) readjusting to the single life after living for ten years with someone.

Will it Be Good: Is Sarah Silverman funny? Will NBC water down her comedy and get Whitney? It has a good cast nonetheless. NBC brass likes the pilot but they are wary if America will like it.
Will it Be a Hit: As big as Whitney is.

Name: Table for Three
Creator: Dana Klein (writer for Friends)
Other:
Director: Pamela Fryman (Emmy-nominee director for How I Met Your Mother)
Cast:
Christine Woods (FlashForward, Perfect Couples)...Pen Morton
Scott Bakula (Golden Globe Winner, Emmy Nominee, Quantum Leap, Star Trek: Enterprise, Chuck, Men of a Certain Age)...Robert Morton
Nicky Whelan (Neighbours)...Holly Timmons
Brenda Song (Suite Life of Zach and Cody, Suite Life on Deck)...Cricket
Cedric Yarbrough (Reno 911!)...Gabe

About: A young woman (Christine Woods) returns from overseas to find her father (Scott Bakula) in a relationship with the “mean girl” (Nicky Whelan) from school.

Will it Be Good: This has a rather good cast and the director is good. The one concern I have is how the show will work over time. This is getting great buzz.
Will it Be a Hit: This will be a tough show to market, and I'm not entirely sure it fits anywhere on the schedule.

Name: Untitled Hilary Winston Project
Creator: Hilary Winston (writer for My Name Is Earl)
Other:
Director: Adam Shankman (Emmy Nominee, director of Hairspray, Bedtime Stories, and Rock of Ages director for Glee, Modern Family)
Cast:
Sarah Wright (Quintuplets, The Loop, 7th Heaven, Mad Love, Made of Honor)...Agnes
Freddie Prince Jr. (Freddie, 24, I Know What You Did Last Summer, Scooby-Doo, Delgo)...Noah
Mena Suvari (American Beauty, American Pie, Six Feet Under, Trauma, Loser)...Lizzy
Kyle Howard (My Boys, Opposite Sex, Royal Pains)...Brandon
Aubrey Dollar (Point Pleasant, Dawson's Creek, Guiding Light, Woman's Murder Club)...Hope
Joanna Kerns (Growing Pains)...Connie Little

About: Shy, focused woman (Sarah Wright) who is dumped by her fiance (Freddie Prince Jr.) and leans on her co-workers to prepare and shell out her revenge.

Will it Be Good: It has managed to get a pretty good cast, and the director is good. This definably has promise. The problem is: how many episodes can this premise be sustained?
Will it Be a Hit: This could fit in NBC Thursday Night comedy.

• Community Manager

NBC

Dramas

Name: Bad Girls
Creator: Nancy Pimental (writer for Shameless)
Other:
Based on British Drama: Bad Girls
Director: John Dahl (directed You Kill Me, The Great Raid, Joy Ride, Rounders, Unforgettable, The Last Seduction, Red Rock West, Kill Me Again, director for Shameless, Hellcats)
Cast:
Jurnee Smollett (Friday Night Lights)...Gwen
Rick Gonzales (Coach Carter, Reaper)...Troy Thayer
Zoe Boyle (Downtown Abbey, Sons of Anarchy)...Cate Patterson
Amy Smart (Brookfield, Felicity, Shameless)...Brandi
Karolina Wydra (House, Crazy, Stupid, Love, Be Kind Rewind)...Kelly
Tracee Ellis Ross (Girlfriends, Reed Between the Lines)...Rachel
Jamie Pressly (Emmy Winner, Golden Globe Nominee, My Name is Earl, I Hate My Teenage Daughter)...Melinda
Kym Whitley (The Parkers, The Boondocks, Meet the Browns)...Celisa

About: A female version of “Oz”

Will it Be Good: This has gotten a good cast and a good director, but I'm not sure how well this show can work on broadcast television.
Will it Be a Hit: This can work easily on cable, but I'm not sure it can be a hit on broadcast television.

Name: Beautiful People
Creator: Michael McDonald (writer for MADtv and Cougar Town)
Other:
Director: Stephen Hopkins (Emmy-winner Director for the Life and Death of Peter Sellers)
Cast:
Frances Conroy (American Horror Story, Six Feet Under)...Lydia
James Murray (Primeval, CHAOS)...Gregory
Patrick Heusinger (Royal Pains)...David
Andrea Parker (The Pretender, Less than Perfect)...Roberta
Jud Tylor (That 70s Show, Edgemont)...Susan
Madisen Beaty (iCarly)...Elizabeth
Cody Christian (Pretty Little Liars)...Kyle
Megalyn Echikunwoke (CSI: Miami, The 4400, Spyder Games)...Monica
David Conrad (Ghost Whisperer)...Jerry
Tovah Feldshuh (Emmy Nominee, Law & Order, As the World Turns, Kissing Jessica Stein)...Lynch
Ernie Hudson (Ghostbusters, The Crow, Oz)...Jack

About: Humans co-exist with beautiful androids that look just like us but are treated as second-class citizens, presumably because their not alive.

Will it Be Good: A comedian wrote a drama? Well...it does have an Emmy winner to direct the pilot so there's something here. It has managed to get a pretty respectable cast, which is obviously good news.
Will it Be a Hit: This is an interesting premise that will more than likely get a cult audience rather than the hit NBC is looking for.

Name: Chicago Fire
Greenlight to Series
Creator: Derek Haas and Michael Brandt (co-writers of Wanted)
Other:
Producer: Dick Wolf (creator of Law & Order, Law & Order: SVU, Law & Order: Criminal Intent)
Director: Jeffrey Nachmanoff (Traitor, director for Homeland)
Cast:
Jesse Spencer (Neighbours, House)...Mathew Casey
Taylor Kinney (Fashion House, Trauma, The Vampire Diaries)...Kelly Severide
Eamonn Walker (Oz, Othello, In Sickness and In Health)...Chief Walter Boden
Monica Raymund (Lie to Me, The Good Wife)...Gabriella
David Eigenburg (Sex and the City)...Christopher Hermann
Charlie Barnett (Law & Order: SVU, Law & Order: Criminal Intent)...Peter Mills
Lauren German (The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, A Walk to Remember, Hawaii Five-O)...Shay
Teri Reeves (Battleground, General Hospital, Days of Our Lives)...Hallie Casey
Merle Dandridge (Ringer, CSI: Miami, Third Watch, NCIS, 24, Angel)...Kay Fitori

About: Firefighters

Will it Be Good: This has a pretty good cast along with strong behind-the-scenes talent that will ensure this show is good. This is getting good buzz.
Will it Be a Hit: This could possibly be a hit.

Name: County
Creator: Jason Katims (creator of Parenthood)
Other:
Cast:
Jason Ritter (The Event, Parenthood)...Jack Malloy
Aimee Garcia (George Lopez, Trauma, Dexter)...Rosa
Michael B. Jordan (The Wire, All My Children, Friday Night Lights, Parenthood)...Travis
Jess Weixler (Teeth, The Big Bad Swim)...Erica Kinsey
Agam Darshi (Sanctuary)...Taliaikha
Norbert Leo Butz (The Deep End, The Good Wife, Dan in Real Life, Fair Game, West of Here)...Billy
Michael Imperioli (Emmy Winner, The Sopranos, Law & Order, Life on Mars, Detroit 187)...Mercer

About: A group of young doctors, nurses, and administrators at an underfunded and morally compromising hospital

Will it Be Good: Yes. Jason Katims is a great writer and he knows and understands television. Jason Ritter, when given something to work with, can be a great actor. I have no doubt this will be amazing. This is getting good buzz.
Will it Be a Hit: This could be the next medical drama hit now that House is leaving the air.

Name: Do No Harm
Greenlight to Series
Creator: David Schulner (writer for Trauma, The Event, and Kings)
Other:
Director: Michael Mayer (director for Smash, directed Flicka)
Cast:
Steven Pasquale (Rescue Me, Six Feet Under, Alien vs. Predator: Requiem)...Jeffrey Kohn
Alana De La Garza (Law & Order, Law & Order: LA)...Lena Steck
Ruta Gedmintes (The Tudors, The Borgias)...Olivia
Mousa Kraish (Munich, Parenthood)...Amit Sarin
Michael Esper (Law & Order, A Beautiful Mind)...Dr. Alex Jordan
Phylicia Rashad (Tony Winner, Emmy Nominee, The Crosby Show)...Dr. Vanessa Harris

About: A brilliant neurosurgeon (Steven Pasquale) who wrestles with his dangerous alter ego that threatens to destroy his personal and professional life. So, it's a modern take on Jekyll and Hyde.

Will it Be Good: It may have a good cast and director, but it doesn't have the best writer. This is a tricky premise since it has to be done just right for it to work properly. This is getting good early buzz.
Will it Be a Hit: It can work on cable, but not sure it can work on a broadcast network.

Name: The Frontier
Creator: Shaun Cassidy (creator of Ruby & The Rockits)
Other:
Director: Thomas Schlamme (director of Pan Am and Parenthood pilots)
Cast:
Jake McLaughlin (Crash, Warrior, Safe House)...Cooper
Bridget Regan (Legend of the Seeker)...Hannah
Al Weaver (Doom)...Ben
Gina Bramhill (Without You)...Emily
Ethan Embry (Brotherhood)...DJ Jackson
Megan Ferguson (Happily Divorced)...Payton
Erik Jensen (Black Knight, Gravity, CSI)...Doctor Strong
Clancy Brown (Highlander, The Shawshank Redemption, Carnivale)...Jack Ramsay/Lamazee
Mustafa Shakir (Girlfriends, Harry's Law)...Rossingol
Chaske Spencer (Twilight film series)...Nico
Nathan Gamble (Runaway, Hank, Dolphin Tale)...Samuel Hale

About: 1840. A journey of disparate travelers from Missouri traveling to the West Coast-the Frontier.

Will it Be Good: It has a script NBC is happy with, it has a pretty good director behind it, but the cast is largely full of unknown actors. This could either be a good or a bad thing. It's getting noticed for it's “rich” look.
Will it Be a Hit: Westerns haven't work on television in a long time, not since the western crash in the early 60s, and no big-name draw is going to give this show an uphill battle.

Name: Midnight Sun
Creator: Lisa Zwerling (writer for The Event)
Other:
Based on the Isreali TV Series: Timrot Ashan (aka Pillars of Smoke)
Director: Brad Anderson (director of the Machinist, director for Fringe)
Cast:
Julia Stiles (Emmy Nominee, Golden Globe Nominee, Dexter, Bourne film series)...Leah Kafka
Titus Welliver (Deadwood, Lost, Sons of Anarchy, The Good Wife)...Bennett Maxwell
Michael Raymond-James (True Blood, Terriers)...Sam Fuller
Connor O'Farrell (Port Charles, Dark Skies, CSI, The Pacific)...Garth Harring
Emma Bell (Frozen, The Walking Dead, Final Destination 5)...Rory
Daniella Pineda (Men of a Certain Age, Newlyweds, CollegeHumor Originals)...Daria Wernahm
David Harbour (Quantum of Solace, Revolutionary Road, State of Play, Pan Am)...Ethan Davis
Alexia Fast (The Secret Circle, Supernatural, Kaya, Tin Man, The 4400)...Miranda Bailey
Oz Zehavi (Asfur)...Alex Roth
Lucia Walters (Life Unexpected, Tin Man, The Haunting Hour, The Troop)...Vanessa Watson
Lucien Laviscount (Waterloo Road, Grange Hill, Life Bites, Coronation Street)...Charlie Watson

About: The mysterious disappearance of a commune in Alaska. Described as Twin Peaks meets Northern Exposure meets Lost. The series will follow a female FBI cult specialist (Julia Stiles) that investigates this and uncovers a larger conspiracy.

Will it Be Good: This has gotten a decent cast, but I'm not convinced by the behind-the-scenes talent that this will actually be good. This is getting good buzz.
Will it Be a Hit: It depends on the marketing campaign and if people are interested in yet another event-type television after having so many disappointments.

Name: Notorious
Greenlight to Series
Creator: Liz Heldens (creator of Mercy)
Other:
Cast:
Meagan Good (Cousin Skeeter, Kevin Hill, Raising Dad, Californication)...Joanna Locasto
Victor Garber (Emmy Nominee, Godspell, Alias, Lend me a Tenor, Titanic, Eli Stone)...Robert Lawson
Katherine LaNasa (Judging Amy, The Guardian, Three Sisters, Love Monkey)...Sofia Lawson
Neil Jackson (Blade: The Series, Make it or Break It, Quantum of Solace, Push)...Julian Lawson
Tate Donovan (Damages, The OC, Trinity)...Edward Lawson
Ella Rae Peck (Gossip Girl)...Mia Lawson
Makenzie Leigh (Law & Order: SVU, Girls Against Boys)...Young Vivian
Laz Alonso (Avatar, Fast & Furious, Jarhead, This Christmas, Miracle at St. Anne, Breakout Kings)...Will Sacovitch

About: An opulent soap about a female detective (Meagan Good) who returns undercover to the wealthy family she grew up in-as the maid's daughter-to solve the murder of a notorious heiress who was once her closest friend.

Will it Be Good: Too soon to tell.

Name: Revolution
Greenlight to Series
Creator: Eric Kripke (creator of Supernatural)
Other:
Producer: J.J. Abrams (creator of Alias and co-creator of Felicity, Lost, Fringe, Undercovers)
Director: Jon Favreau (Iron Man/Iron Man 2)
Cast:
Billy Burke (Twilight films, 24, Red Riding Hood)...Miles
Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad, The Usual Suspects, School Daze)...Captain Neville
Graham Rogers (Memphis Beat)...Danny Matheson
Tracy Spiridakos (Majority Rules!, Being Human)...Charlie
Anna Lise Phillips (Young Lions, Home and Away, Crownies)...Maggie
David Lyons (Sea Patrol, The Cape)...Bass
Tim Guinee (The Good Wife, Lie to Me, 24, Ghost Whisperer, Stargate: SG-1, Strange World)...Aaron
Andrea Roth (Rescue Me)...Rachel
JD Pardo (Drive, The Hidden Palms, The Burning Plain, Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part Two)...Nate
Zak Orth (Wet Hot American Summer, The Baxter, Melinda and Melinda, Fringe)...Aaron
Maria Howell (The Vampire Diaries, Army Wives, The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles)...Grace

About: Epic adventure thriller about a group of characters struggle to survive and reunite with loved ones after all forms of energy have mysteriously vanished.

Will it Be Good: So far, I'm leaning towards yes.

Name: Angela's Bachelors

Developed for Television By: Peter Tolan (creator of Style & Substance, The George Wendt Show, Wednesdays 9:30 (8:30 central) and co-creator of The Job, Rescue Me)

Other:

Based on the Book: Angela's Bachelors: A Novel with Food

Author: Brian O'Reilly

Cast:

TBA

About: A well-educated chef who is forced to move to Boston from New York City and ends up working for the local fire department.

Will it Be Good: Peter Tolan is a pretty great writer, with most of this comedies finding critical success.

Will it Be a Hit: Too soon to tell, although Peter Tolan has only found one success in his long career.

Minor note, but I don't think it's fair to say Tolan's only had one success. He was a significant writer on "Murphy Brown" and a key member of the creative team for "The Larry Sanders Show".

I assume you're only planning on doing this for the network pilots? Seems like an awful lot of work, otherwise.

I cant wait to see what NBC has coming up. I actually like a lot of their programming (espically their comedies that arent laugh track) but a lot of people dont like them for some reason. Also nice to see Bill Lawrence going for another show, he helped make 2 of my favorite shows (Clone High & Scrubs).

• Community Manager

I cant wait to see what NBC has coming up. I actually like a lot of their programming (espically their comedies that arent laugh track) but a lot of people dont like them for some reason. Also nice to see Bill Lawrence going for another show, he helped make 2 of my favorite shows (Clone High & Scrubs).

NBC is my favorite network as well. It usually takes me a few days to start this, since it takes time to go through each network and start building up my mini-databse. At the beginning of next year until about April, I'll be updating the thread either daily or almost daily (at least weekly).

It's way too early to tell if any of those will be any good, especially since most of the casts are TBA. I usually get my best inklings on if a show will be good by the casts (this year was easy, Zooey Deschanel and Kat Dennings, bingo!). Obviously some shows surprise since pilots can often have relative newcomers. The only one of those I'm feeling much about is the Mandy Moore one, she does have a large following and looked right at home in a sit com in her How I Met Your Mother guest appearance.