BadAtGender

Tues# TF4 10.41, HTTYD2 2.61, 22JS 2.28, Malef 1.57, TLAM2 1.17 | Full numbers Page 1

And I'd agree. Gary Mitchell would have been so much better than Khan. Although it still wouldn't have fixed the plotting issues.

Well it actually would since Gary Mitchell would require a substantially different plot than what STID had. The whole secret Marcus War Engineering conspiracy wouldn't fit into the framework. So all that stuff you're not a fan of would not exist.

• Like 2

Chicken on pizza sounds pretty unappealing to me. I had a bacon pizza the other day and it just felt wrong.

Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza is one of the greatest things ever made.

She said 4th of July weekend and 3 day weekend. Same thing isn't?

The rest of the article clarifies it somewhat. She is considering the 4th of July weekend to start today, and the 3 day numbers separate.

Yeah, good solid well-made stuff, more interesting because of how he dances around the Chinese censors (and even manages to make some subtextual commentary on China's stance on drugs).

Yeah. For directors familiar with the environment they can come up with really creative ways to get around that. Hollywood, especially blockbuster Hollywood, isn't going to get any of that nuance, so they'll just play it super safe and pander.

Either that, or they'll just insert new footage exclusively for the market.

I'm not sure which bothers me more, actually.

• Like 1

Old Chicago Pizza in Petaluma, CA. To die for.

The crust is delicate, flaky, almost like a pastry. They curl a bit of cheese through the base of the crust as well. Sauce is some of the best I've ever tasted: rich, decadent, with more than a touch of wine.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

You did not just bring up Chicago pizza to prove a point about Bay Area pizza!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8IKxbOpt0E

• Like 2

You did not just bring up Chicago pizza to prove a point about Bay Area pizza!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8IKxbOpt0E

I did, because it's a Bay Area take. I don't really care about the style, it's all about the execution. (I like thin and thick, I like NY-style, I like Chicago-style.... but what can you do with it?)

• Like 3

The rest of the article clarifies it somewhat. She is considering the 4th of July weekend to start today, and the 3 day numbers separate.

That makes no sense even by Deadline standards.

• Like 1

Yeah. For directors familiar with the environment they can come up with really creative ways to get around that. Hollywood, especially blockbuster Hollywood, isn't going to get any of that nuance, so they'll just play it super safe and pander.Either that, or they'll just insert new footage exclusively for the market.I'm not sure which bothers me more, actually.

Stuff like this is why I am concerned with the growing importance of the Chinese market. I'm terrified of all the movies getting dumbed down to pander to the TF going audience.

Stuff like this is why I am concerned with the growing importance of the Chinese market. I'm terrified of all the movies getting dumbed down to pander to the TF going audience.

As opposed to getting dumbed down to pander to the US audience?

• Like 4

I don't think there's a risk of "all movies". Especially as long as they're limiting the number of imports. But since those tend to be the biggest blockbusters, there is the risk that the top end will get dumb... er.

Some exceptions of course. Things that have no real-world bearing, for instance, can probably avoid such an issue.

And there's a positive possibility: it could mean more Chinese actors and actresses may get cast in the big films, which offsets the normal way of having a bunch of white people headlining everything.

• Like 1