BadAtGender

Tues# TF4 10.41, HTTYD2 2.61, 22JS 2.28, Malef 1.57, TLAM2 1.17 | Full numbers Page 1

Am I the only one who disliked Malificent? The movie was horrible.

Nah. Mr Pink and Baumer also trashed it. And so did I. And Mulder. 

• Like 2

The whole movie star thing really goes back to the 30s-50s era where studios would lock actors into multi-picture contracts. It barely mattered what the movie was half the time, as long as they were in it.

I know that the movie star has always existed, but no movie star ever has been, even at their peak, immune to releasing a pic that flops. being a star can only take you so far, and audiences will simply not accept you in every role.
  • Like 1

STID is pretty bad. It's a film that gets worse with subsequent viewings. All the great action sequences can't overcome the tired, derivative throwbacks. Plus the entire script is a mess, with layered twists that don't make sense, character motivations that aren't explained, and plot elements that undermine the entire worldbuilding when you give them consideration. It's sad how much potential they wasted. 2/5

• Like 1

STID is pretty bad. It's a film that gets worse with subsequent viewings. All the great action sequences can't overcome the tired, derivative throwbacks. Plus the entire script is a mess, with layered twists that don't make sense, character motivations that aren't explained, and plot elements that undermine the entire worldbuilding when you give them consideration. It's sad how much potential they wasted. 2/5

Exactly.

• Like 1

Am I the only one who disliked Malificent? The movie was horrible.

Come on. This board alone is proof that no, you are not. Then again, that question is kind of silly; it's not like Maleficent has grossed 800 million domestic and 3 billion ww. It's a leggy hit, but its box office, as great as it's been, still doesn't merit a «am I the only one who doesn't like it?" question. Edited by cochofles
  • Like 2

I'm not sure you can credit a billion dollar grossing franchise to a cult following.

I could be wrong though.

There are about 7 billion people on planet Earth.  If a movie makes roughly a billion dollars, with a ticket price averaging around 9 dollars or so, that means that it sold about 100 million tickets.  Some of those people saw it twice, so maybe we are talking about 60, 70, 80 million people on the planet seeing a Transformers sequel.  What percentage is 70 million people out of 7 billion people?

• Like 1

There are about 7 billion people on planet Earth.  If a movie makes roughly a billion dollars, with a ticket price averaging around 9 dollars or so, that means that it sold about 100 million tickets.  Some of those people saw it twice, so maybe we are talking about 60, 70, 80 million people on the planet seeing a Transformers sequel.  What percentage is 70 million people out of 7 billion people?

Okay you win Ando. I'm not about to argue with this. 

• Like 2