#ED

Wknd #s: TF4 - 36.4M | Tam - 21.2M (32.9M) | DUFE - 9.5M (15M) | ETE - 8.3M (13.5M) | pg49 (We love the 90s/70s)

LOL :D

Enjoying a movie doesn't make it good! One could enjoy a movie for various reasons and still a crap film remains crap. 

If enjoying a movie isn't your main purpose of watching a movie then you're watching a movie for the wrong reason.

Awesome news from AMC

Posted Image

Cool. The AMC theater in my hometown did that a few years ago and became a destination theater for the entire area. The local Regal started to experience some pain after that.

• Like 1

Don't plan to either. Not a comic book superhero film geek! Got better things to do in life :D

You stay here, you stay here :lol:

You make absolute no sense...

• Like 3

Don't plan to either. Not a comic book superhero film geek! Got better things to do in life :D

You stay here, you stay here :lol:

[mod edit] Kitik i'm going to take your advise( it was actually more of a comand but...)

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 1

Maybe I am not making myself clear enough.

Would Disney actually make a superhero movie? No. They bought Marvel, and Marvel makes them.

Marvel, just like Lucasfilm and Pixar, exist outside of Disney and before Disney bought them.

They all have their own culture, that has so far remained mostly intact.

Disney are different from all the other studios. There isn't anything that unites Blended to Godzilla to Edge of Tomorrow that makes them "Warner Bros movies" but there is a clear influence that unites Alice, Oz, Maleficent, Tron Legacy, Prince of Persia, Sorcerer's Apprentice, John Carter etc just like there's also a clear influence that unites movies like Odd Life of Timothy Green, Underdog, Shaggy Dog, Alexander and the Horrible Day etc.

If you noticed, there are very specific types of movies that all Disney films can be grouped under. They don't do anything out of the ordinary or beyond these banners. They won't be making a Superbad, they won't be making Think Like A Man, they won't be making Transformers or Gone Girl or 12 Years a Slave. If they hadn't bought Marvel and Lucasfilm, they wouldn't be making those types of movies either and the purchase only acts as branding Disney on the films without actually having any Disney influence. It's not like the people in charge of Tron Legacy and Wild Hogs got to raid the Marvel, Lucasfilm and Pixar offices. All of those studios maintain their own autonomy within their new hierarchy. They weren't forced to relocate or dissolve into Disney or were removed so Disney executives could take their places.

In other words, Disney fans were fans before the inclusion of any of these other studios and that's what they were fans for, not what they have bought because those films retain the branding and influence of their own studios. I am not talking about box office. 99% of the population don't care about it like us.

Sky High says hi

• Like 4