kitik

weekend actuals 7/4-7/6 TF4 37.050

In my day forums looked like this:

Posted Image

And if you wrote one off-topic sentence, you were banned.

Plus you'd probably get disconnected when someone else in the house picked up the phone to make a call.

And we liked it!

LOL OMG

The WWW didn't exist

There were search engines called Achie Veronica Jughead

IMDB was a email based system so you send request by email and info came back in e-mail format

so send e-mail with Title = X

and even though people are all wow years ago about being able to do say your own airline reservations online, well you've actually been able to do your own  since the 80's just not many were.

Edited by Rth
  • Like 5

Tele is old, Melissa McCarthy is fat and Nolan is untouchable = The three enduring foundations of our forum.

Time to add a 4th.

CJohn is a night predator.

• Like 7

Tele is old, Melissa McCarthy is fat and Nolan is untouchable = The three enduring foundations of our forum.

We used to have 4 foundations but then #ED and Mr.Pink ended it. :(

• Like 5

My dad's response most likely

"It's commentary; not actual news! I just learned about a dog that survived two years without its owner; that's true news!"

True story: I haven't seen any news on the Florida kid getting detained in Israel on any of the network stations in my area. True shame.

Related to movies, I think the really accurate satire is what made Anchorman 2 a bit above the typical comedy sequel (most of which it did partake in)

It's true. Tell your dad I said so. We can meet in the playground at 2 AM, if he wants to settle this man-to-man.

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

no thanks

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 1

IMDB was a email based system so you send request by email and info came back in e-mail format

so send e-mail with Title = X

Actually, I was referring to pre-IMDB days. :lol:

Tele is old, Melissa McCarthy is fat, Nolan is untouchable, and CJohn/2am = The three four enduring foundations of our forum.

FTFY...

edit: damn you, Pink!

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 4

My dad's response most likely

"It's commentary; not actual news! I just learned about a dog that survived two years without its owner; that's true news!"

True story: I haven't seen any news on the Florida kid getting detained in Israel on any of the network stations in my area. True shame.

Related to movies, I think the really accurate satire is what made Anchorman 2 a bit above the typical comedy sequel (most of which it did partake in)

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

no thanks

:ban: