Blankments

Tuesday Numbers - Tammy 3.4, ETE 1.7, DUFE 1.5, Jersey 744k, TLAM2 662k | Actuals on p16

I've always had a thing for 12. I think it's a tremendous throwback to Euro films of the 60's and 70's. It has such a particularly laid-back vibe that I know people always chalk up to the stars just fucking around. Don't think it gets its due. 13 on the other hand? Saw it twice and was bored stiff both times.

The beginning of Ocean's 12 is amazing. Jared Harris and Don Cheadle cursing up a star, followed by Andy Garcia's appearance always kills me.

I get why people find the whole Julia Roberts thing groan inducing, but I found it rather amusing. Particularly because Bruce Willis gets treated like dirt, and Carl Reiner is just like, "STAND BACK" and Bruce Willis is befuddled and responds "But I'm Bruce Willis..."

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 4

The beginning of Ocean's 12 is amazing. Jared Harris and Don Cheadle cursing up a star, followed by Andy Garcia's appearance always kills me.

It gets a little too cute with the Willis/Roberts stuff, but everything else is great.

• Like 3

The problem I have with 12 is that it overplots and overtwists itself so unnecessarily.

The ending is a complete switcheroo I didn't care for, rendering a good 2/3rds of the movie moot, but I thought it was fun. The cast play off each other so well

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 3

The problem I have with 12 is that it overplots and overtwists itself so unnecessarily.

I can see that, but like Pink said: The cast works so well together and the filmmaking is so terrific, I never really cared.

• Like 2

The Ocean films basically live on the cast interaction. When I saw the first in the theater, there was a plot hole that completely undermined my involvement in the heist, but the cast worked so well I was still able to enjoy it.

• Like 2

I agree, the ending twist means that roughly half the movie was irrelevant.

That is my biggest problem with the movie. Also, I didn't like Julia Roberts in it at all. I found her to be really annoying in it.
  • Like 3

Sometimes.

Ethan buddy Apes and Capt 2 both have a shot at beating Prime domestically now.

Wow :D.. Wow did you all know Jolie was a  major producer for Mal.

She is going to get one a hell of payday. Will the Dame earn 40-60+M  or more.

Woah!!

• Like 4