CJohn

Weeknd Official Est: Apes 2 - 73M | Friday Numbers and Saturday Numbers on Page 1

Work and familial obligations. ;)Man, Tilda Swinton. She won't get it, but she deserves a supporting actress nomination.

Totally agree. While I thought Evans was really good, I thought she gave the best performance in the movie. 

Edited by Empire
  • Like 1

Work and familial obligations. ;)Man, Tilda Swinton. She won't get it, but she deserves a supporting actress nomination.

Yeah, Swinton was great. I always knew she would be. As was my man Song Kang Ho :wub:
  • Like 3

Totally agree. While I thought Evans was really, I thought she gave the best performance in the movie.

Evans was good, but she just blew everyone off the screen. So many offbeat choices in how they decided to present her character. :lol:And Alison Pill! Holy shit, that was hilarious. (And wrong, and hilarious.)
  • Like 2

A shame Night of The Hunter was Charles Laughton's only film as a director. He did a hell of a job.

I was on a serious classic films kick a few years ago and remember him from Witness for the Prosecution. Did not know he directed that movie.

• Like 1

Tele you going to get the Kal bearhug my friend..lol We were talking about monkeys my friend. Damn theeee!!!! LOL... Had me worried there lol.. Hah hah

LOL, well, you threw me for a loop, since I was talking about SNOWPIERCER and you asked me if I thought "it" would have a good multi. I hope to see APES soon, but you know me, I tend to be conservative. I don't think it comes anywhere close to a 4x. Anything over 3 would be excellent.
  • Like 1

Evans was good, but she just blew everyone off the screen. So many offbeat choices in how they decided to present her character. :lol:And Alison Pill! Holy shit, that was hilarious. (And wrong, and hilarious.)

Bong's sense of humor gets me and agrees with me.
  • Like 2

I was on a serious classic films kick a few years ago and remember him from Witness for the Prosecution. Did not know he directed that movie.

Was surprised to find out that he did that movie myself. Probably one of the best literal "one hit wonders" ever.

Edited by Pokearcher
  • Like 2

Naah proably more like 45% drop or simply have good weekdays and low drops for 3 weekends. Multipleways to the goal Fake.You know everytime I see that Avatar opened to almost 80mil in a super NE storm and still went on to havea freaking 9.8 Multipler...I'm like are people seriously thinking any film has a chance to beat the sequel Domestically or worldwide lol.. That is supreme fanbase love on both ends.. Holy Shit!!!

Well... if it drops 40% in its 2nd weekend, then the average weekly drops required thereon is 35%. If it drops 45%, then the drops required would be 32%. Normally, avg. weekly drops after 2nd weekend are 5-10% better than 2nd weekend drop.

I just found Tilda Swinton irritating in the movie, where as she was supposed to be creepy. I actually burst out laughing at the scene where Chris Evans says

I know that babies taste the best

That scene tried so hard to be emotionally affecting but somehow came up short for me.

I liked Snowpiercer, won't say that I loved it, or recommend it whole-heartedly to people. It is decent enough.

Well, back to Apes. Watched it, loved it, so glad it's doing well so far. Starting off somewhat meh, but since near end of March, 2014 has been kicking asses in qualities majorly as compare to 2013 in terms of main releases/blockbusters. And I say that as one of the few who thought 2013 was good.

• Like 6

I didn't think she was supposed to be creepy at all. She was just odd and conniving.I'm surprised you didn't care for the spoiler-tagged moment. Were you just personally disconnected from the movie at that point?

Yup, I started wondering about the logistics of the train, where the people live, how many are on board, how was the balance kept, how did the people get on board in the first place. Basically starting thinking around the movie's setting instead of what was being shown on screen. The movie lost me somewhere after the protein bars sequence.

It is kind of the same issue I had with "The Purge", the concept has so much backstory to be explored that the actual story on screen comes off second best.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

No, it's too weird and out there for the general audience. I think it would have mixed WOM for the exact reasons I loved it.

That's my problem right there. I want to see it but I'm afraid I'll hate it and be mad I wasted my money.

That's my problem right there. I want to see it but I'm afraid I'll hate it and be mad I wasted my money.

For the sake of your love for Chris Evans, it's better if you stay away from the movie.
  • Like 3