CJohn

Weeknd Official Est: Apes 2 - 73M | Friday Numbers and Saturday Numbers on Page 1

And if this does happen, this will be the second person I have met in Toronto from the forums, and funny enough, both of them will have been gay men....hmmmmmm....maybe God is trying to tell me something.  :)

Posted Image
  • Like 4

I'm starting to have a feeling about Guardians of the Galaxy.I was in Forbidden Planet today (first time in years) in Glasgow (a comic store). A wee boy of about 8 years old was buying something to do with the film, stickers or cards I think. The guy behind the counter, who was about 35 said "Are you looking forward to the film?" The wee boy said "yes!! it looks so good" and the guy behind the counter said "amazing, it's going to be amazing".Something about that moment, where someone as young as 8 and someone in their 30s, who don't know each other, had the same excitement for a film.Really interesting.

I think GOTG is just a bit too out there to really be a huge hit.

That said, I would love to see it break out big time and hit 200. Despite the fact that it's a Marvel comic book adaptation, it looks like it's one of the most original and unique big budget blockbusters we've gotten in a long time!

• Like 1

X-Men multiplier is going to be almost 2.6 - not bad at all.

No, it isn't bad. I meant that I think that Apes will have a better multiplier than X-Men, e.g. 2.8-3x. But you're right, especially compared to Godzilla and TASM 2, DOFP's legs are pretty good.

Kitik:

We should have a boxofficeforums get together.  We should find somewhere central in the US and meet there for a weekend.  Or just go to Jack's.  I hear Finland is a great place to meet women.

• Like 1

Kitik:

We should have a boxofficeforums get together.  We should find somewhere central in the US and meet there for a weekend.  Or just go to Jack's.  I hear Finland is a great place to meet women.

That would be Sweden.

Blended really effected baumer on a deep level.

It is one of the better films I've seen this summer.....but that's not saying much.

baumer, my local theater has Dragon 2 down to 3 showtimes

Methinks it's time for you to take flight

Yes, when I get paid next week, Dragon is on my to do list.

• Like 1

Kitik:

The South Carolina coast is GREAT this time of year, one of the top east coast vacation destinations. How about Myrtle Beach everyone? MYRTLE BEACH! 

Come on guys! They have a Planet Hollywood! It still exsits!

• Like 1

Guardians gonna finish lower. 

Posted Image

NO!!!

Guardians already has higher awareness than Apes. I've been seeing ads for it on TV all the time, and there's a lot of buzz around my age level (high school/college). I really do think it's gonna crush Apes DOM.

Some very cool news:

RTH is coming to Toronto in September, presumably for the film festival.  We are more than likely going to meet up, maybe see a movie, have a few drinks, discuss what it's like to be a God. 

I'm jelly :o

I had this idea that GotG could essentially be sort of an Iron Man-lite. I mean, I'll be 100% honest when I say Guardians has pretty much the same immense sense of freshness I got when seeing those Iron Man clips in 2008. It was just such a huge breath of fresh air compared to all the would-be comic book movie franchises being shoved down our throats in previous years (with some notable exceptions)

And I dunno, Guardians just seems like it could break out in a similar but smaller scale to what IM1 did.

• Like 1

I'm a sucker for Planet Hollywood...seriously.  Besides being ridiculously over priced, it's a cool place to eat and walk through.

• Like 3

I'm starting to have a feeling about Guardians of the Galaxy.I was in Forbidden Planet today (first time in years) in Glasgow (a comic store). A wee boy of about 8 years old was buying something to do with the film, stickers or cards I think. The guy behind the counter, who was about 35 said "Are you looking forward to the film?" The wee boy said "yes!! it looks so good" and the guy behind the counter said "amazing, it's going to be amazing".Something about that moment, where someone as young as 8 and someone in their 30s, who don't know each other, had the same excitement for a film.Really interesting.

pst, everyone

click my sig

Kitik:

If movie fans want an excuse to get together and hang out and watch movies, I'm already planning on going to this:

http://www.horrormarathon.com

we've booked the first six titles for this fall's 666th Annual SHOCK AROUND THE CLOCK, the Ohio 24-Hour Horror Marathon (October 18-19 at the Drexel.) We're already wildly excited, so just imagine what we'll try to cook up between now and then. The titles so far are:

This year’s film lineup includes:

[*]A brand spankin' new 2K DCP restoration of Werner Herzog's lush, atmospheric remake of NOSFERATU THE VAMPYRE featuring the luminous Isabelle Adjani and Klaus Kinski as everyone's favorite fang-toothed vampire.

[*]Another Horror Marathon first with a 2K DCP screening of James Whale's creepy and humorous, "why are those pants running down the street" Universal classic THE INVISIBLE MAN!

[*]Christopher Lee, Edward Woodward and the gorgeous Britt Ekland in the critically acclaimed Final Cut of Robin Hardy's stone cold Brit cult classic THE WICKER MAN (in paganistic 2K DCP)!

[*]Kubrick! King! Nicholson! Duvall! Redrum! Penderecki! Carlos! Faked moon landings? Revisit the Overlook Hotel once again in THE SHINING (in 2K DCP)!

[*]A rare 35mm screening of the absolutely bizarro gem THE MANITOU with an all-star cast of Tony Curtis, Susan Strasberg, Stella Stevens, and Burgess Meredith.

[*]And last, but certainly not least, is Barbara Crampton in Adam Wingard's superior home invasion shocker YOU'RE NEXT (in 2K DCP)! This one had great buzz coming out of the 2011 festival circuit, and it is a tremendous exercise in suspense and raw, bone-chilling terror.

It's a blast every year.

• Like 1

If movie fans want an excuse to get together and hang out and watch movies, I'm already planning on going to this:

http://www.horrormarathon.com

It's a blast every year.

I'd love to do that.  And that's something I'll keep in mind for next year. 

• Like 1

Kitik: We should have a boxofficeforums get together.  We should find somewhere central in the US and meet there for a weekend.  Or just go to Jack's.  I hear Finland is a great place to meet women.

But 90% of our members want to meet men, not women.
  • Like 4