Ash Skywalker

Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials | In theaters

Okay, so the trailer is actually coming out online Friday, but will premiere at the Paper Towns event Thrusday night. That's a bit better than facing Mockingjay Part 2 on Thursday.

It's coming online Thursday evening I think (it'll be Friday in Europe due to time zones) - right after it shows at the Paper Towns event.

Wes Ball mentioned at comic con that the budget for this film is double the first, so it's probably around $65m-70m. I'm glad they are managing to keep it somewhat low.

Most of that increase is most likely escalation clauses in the cast salaries.

• Like 1

Hell yah. Think the trailer is a bit confusing if you don't know the source material but overall looks good.  You can definitely see the increase in production cost but it does look as if this may veer from the book quite a bit.

Dylan O'Brien is becoming a frontrunner for me in terms of young actors.

Edited by RyneOh1040

The lack of hype is a bit disturbing but the first seemed like a flop until very close to the release date too. The massive marketing push on the 2 weeks before with a barrage of TV Spots and the good WOM coming from screening was what save his OW. 

Edited by CJohn

They had to. The changes in the first would lead to bigger changes in this one. The mind talk between the leads was a major point in the 2nd book. In the movies it doesn't exist.