Some people are telling me to start in season 5... what do you think of that rukaio?

That could work (although you'd need background on a lot of stuff like the Time War and recurring enemies) but, like Coolio said, you'd be missing out on a lot of good stuff. (And some bad stuff too but that's par for the course)

Edited by rukaio101

I assume that the next season will only start in October. I have a lot of time to see the other 7 seasons before. I just don't want to start in the middle of something and don't understand half of what is going on.

I assume that the next season will only start in October. I have a lot of time to see the other 7 seasons before. I just don't want to start in the middle of something and don't understand half of what is going on.

We've only got a tenative Autumn release date but you should have plenty of time

If you want a list of episodes worth skipping (due to being unimportant canonically and widely agreed to be terrible) here you go

Series 2: 'The Idiot's Lantern', 'Love and Monsters', 'Fear Her'

Series 3: 'Daleks in Manhattan' + 'Evolution of the Daleks' (okay, there is one small plot point here that links to the Series 4 finale, but the episodes are so awful it's really not worth sitting through it. Just ask us when you get to these two eps and we'll tell you what you need to know)

Series 6: 'The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe' (The Christmas Special)

While there are others I could put on here (but won't either due to their importance to the plot or because they have a decent number of fans or because they're just average/forgettable rather than bad) these are the ones widely agreed by the fanbase to be awful and definitely worth missing.

• Like 1

It's also only about 14 episodes per series so it's easily doable. Skipping Daleks in Manhattan does mean missing out on Spider-man fighting the Daleks.

It took me a shamefully long time to realise you were talking about Andrew Garfield there......

So i just watched a premiere of the new doctor

Idk its gonna take some time to get used to it but so far its aright I suppose

Capaldi pretty much slid into the role as good as you can do it

Edited by Crusader

It was... decent, I guess. I have such mixed feeling about this show. I haven't seen the old series, but I watched all 8 seasons from 2005 till now. In the first one, I didn't like Eccleston as the Doctor, but Billie Piper was the perfect companion.

Then came David Tennant who was absolutely brilliant. The seasons with him and Piper are my favourite ones.

Then Freema Agyeman (Martha)... I was beyond pissed they replaced Rose.

But then they change Tennant and that made me to almost completely lose interest in the show. Took some getting used to to accept Matt Smith as the Doctor.

I really liked Karen Gillan's character (Amy). Also dig Jenna Coleman' and I'm glad she's back (the top is like this: Rose >>>> Amy > Clara >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Martha).

But Capaldi's just... I don't know. I like him even less than Eccleston... So Tennant >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Smith >>>>>>> Eccleston > Capaldi. 

But at least we got this: :P

Posted Image

Capaldi is a huge step up from Smith that's pretty much a fact now

Nope. Smith's still my favourite Doctor.

Don't get me wrong, Capaldi's an excellent Doctor, but Smith pretty much had me convinced from episode 1 (while it took until Listen for me to really get a handle on Capaldi's doc).