#ED

Monday Actuals: Apes - 8.2M (Please keep the thread SFW!) | Actuals on p1 and p35

Looking at post-per-day averages among members of the last few pages. Tele and Jack are over 30. I was once at that level in the BOM days (or at least over 20), back when I had less to say, ironically.

I have over 40
  • Like 2

Shawn's seat is finally cold and Water Bottle and Tele have decided it's time to eliminate all fun from the forums

Ugh. I get the issues with derailment. Over the past few weeks, daily numbers threads have exploded. If you're in the moment and reading them, it probably seems fine, but every time I'm away from my computer for more than an hour or two, it's a unreadable mess. Something clearly needs to be done.

That said, I like that the threads can meander a bit. There have been a lot of interesting and insightful conversations in past numbers threads, and I think pushing everything into the classic conversation thread is going to lose some of that.

However, really it's going to come down to the members: check yourselves. Don't just needlessly spam the thread. Try to engage it. If you're repeating yourself (either via gif or just saying what you've said multiple times in the past), it's probably good to assume that either most people know what you've said already, or they don't care enough to remember. In either case, saying it again isn't going to improve anything.

So, I'll see how these new guidelines work. If we as a collective forum can't correct things ourselves, it's definitely up to the staff to do it for us.

• Like 5