Fullbuster

Fifty Shades of Grey OS Thread ($158m OW OS, a very impressive feat! Huge success in Russia, Germany, France, Latin America...)

I am in Dublin this weekend and I've just read a local newspaper while I was waiting for a table at a restaurant. 55000 advance bookings for 50 shaded of Grey!!

According to this newspaper that have never happened before. It opens on 170 screens in Ireland

Edited by Henry Hamada
  • Like 2

I am in Dublin this weekend and I've just read a local newspaper while I was waiting for a table at a restaurant. 55000 advance bookings for 50 shaded of Grey!!

According to this newspaper that have never happened before. It opens on 170 screens in Ireland

Damn, 55,000 in Ireland which is a country with a population reaching 4.5 million it's just HUGE! That would mean 575,000 in Spain and 807,000 in France ^^

• Like 1

I have faith...the french will not fall for this.

Oh, who am I kidding, the hordes of sheep will run in the theaters, as usual. Most of them probably haven't seen a good movie in their life and couldn't tell a Hitchcock from a Michael Bay.

Edited by Cynosure

Oh, who am I kidding, the hordes of sheep will run in the theaters, as usual. Most of them probably haven't seen a good movie in their life and couldn't tell a Hitchcock from a Michael Bay.

So you are saying the movie will be shit because it's about sex and bondage?  Is that all you base it on?

Over here nearly all screenings on wednesday are sold out. Those are not just two or three screenings per evening, most theaters threw out their entire evening program to only show 50 Shades. Valentine's day is promising to be huge as well. If the Netherlands are to speak for the entirety of Europe, then it will be Wolf of Wall Street big in this continent.

It will be successful in France but I don't expect it to break any records here though..

Pretty much every medium/major sized theaters is sold out for the OD at night, Friday and VD. More screens will be added. Over 40,000 tickets sold and the number is increasing in a big way by every day it passes.

Pretty much every medium/major sized theaters is sold out for the OD at night, Friday and VD. More screens will be added. Over 40,000 tickets sold and the number is increasing in a big way by every day it passes.

This market is dead or slow most of the time and suddenly it's very dynamic thanks to 50 Shades of Grey, it's a bit weird..

• Like 1

Fifty Shades of Grey will probably exceed all expectations.  I mean, come on, it's already BLOWING UP judging from the pre-sales and domestically, it will probably do $230 - 260 million.  And of course, it's international sum will be HUGE!

~ Fifty Shades of Grey: $230 - 260 million domestic and $350 million international, $580 - 610 million WW

Edited by CelestialFairyIX