Rorschach

CAYOM Comic-Con Year 9

Friday schedule:AlphaFilms Saturday Schedule:SpaghettiDr. AwesomeNumbersSunday Schedule:MyselfBlankmentsRukaioEmpireEdit: 12:45 p.m. Central time. Those who aren't presenting have all the freedom to discuss the dropped news. After all, discussions on events make it even funner! ;)

Edited by Rorschach
  • Like 1

Alpha Pictures' Year 9 Comic-Con panel will begin in a mere 6 hours! It may seem like a long time, but Gerald Butler will be volunteering to start kicking people off the stage as he yells "this is Sparta!".

One of our best reporters, Adele Dazeem, will be doing a live blog of the panel so everyone not at Comic-Con can keep up on the panel. We'll see you again at 6 PM EST.

Edited by Alpha
  • Like 2

Alpha Pictures' Year 9 Comic-Con panel will begin in a mere 6 hours! It may seem like a long time, but Gerald Butler will be volunteering to start kicking people off the stage as he yells "this is Sparta!".

One of our best reporters, Adele Dazeem, will be doing a live blog of the ceremony so everyone not at Comic-Con can keep up on the panel. We'll see you again at 6 PM EST.

AND THE CROWD GOES WILD!!! 

• Like 1

10 Minutes till Comic-Con startsAlso should I post information for 1 film all at the same time or do posts every minute

I guess you could post info for 1 film in a single post, since we don't want this thread to be cluttered up by small "updates."

• Like 2

There's been quite a lot of speculation about the untitled Lord/Miller film, to be presented at the end of the day. We do know a few things; it's animated, and supposedly an ensemble of 20 actors are going to show up today to promote it.

• Like 3

And starting of the 2014 CAYOM Comic-Con Year 9 with a bang is the Oscar nominated and Razzie winning studio- MILLENNIUM FILMS

[Millennium Films- owner of Millennium Films- walks up onto the stage]

2:00: Welcome to all of you who had made it to CAYOM Comic-Con Year 9 and I am glad that my studio named after me is going to present our current slate of films first. Our first presentation will be presented by me as I introduce you to the Studio's current and upcoming films along with a video interview with the director of 1 film.

2:01: We have something for everyone over the next couple of years. One of our main brands of course is our Family and animated movies. We will continue to invest in those products and we have many new and unique films coming out. First of all is FilmHero- the new animated comedy from Andrew Adamson that features a voice cast including Daisy Ridley and Chris Pratt and the sequel to Candy Crush which is Candy Crush 2. Another one of our films is Payday directed by the amazing Drew Barrymore and is based on the board game. I am sure this is going to be epic. Also looking further ahead, we have plans to make animated movies based on popular book such as Horrid Henry and Humphrey

2:05: But we have loads for the adults as well such as our next film in The Ring franchise, Peter Jackson creating another epic about Moses, Diaz, Upton and Mann reteaming in Flight 552 and an all star cast in romantic drama Everlasting Love. Also Edgar Wright's first film since the March smash The Thin, The Fat, The Felon will be released through Millennium Films on the 6th September and is called Banned. Edgar would have loved to have come to comic-con but he is too busy shooting so we have arranged a video interview with him instead.

2:10: The video is not working at the moment due to technical problems so in the meantime I will talk about two sequels that will happen in a couple of years. First of all is Tortoise Run 2 which is the sequel to the massive box office success and Billy Bob Thornton has confirmed to reprise his voice role. Remember to buy Tortoise Run on DVD now. Also Kill Them 2 is set to start shooting next year and will have a wide release some time in Y11.

2:15: Ooh the video link is now working.

2:28: Sorry I didn't give exact updates while the video was happening. Anyway Edgar says that Banned has been so much fun to shoot and it has been an amazing experience to work with Box Office Forum members and that the trailer will premiere soon. He also revealed the film will get a just wide release on 30th August before expanding to many cinemas on the 6th September and that he hopes it will become a cult classic like Shaun Of The Dead. Thanks very much for coming to the introduction and now you have 7 panels to go through more of our amazing films. See you later

• Like 3

Lager Studios's Creative Chief Jacob Ager to discuss the direction of their Friday the 13th and A Nightmare on Elm Street reboots on Sunday evening. Also, look out for the "A Trip to the Moon" panel including director Tim Burton, Michael Keaton, Richard Dreyfuss, Colin Farrell and Ewan McGregor. The other two main stars, Martin Short and Johnny Depp will be unable to make the panel. Also to look out for, the Creepypasta Cinematic Universe panel where Jacob Ager and more will discuss the ideas and plans of the franchise. We may also get a sneak peak of some of their upcoming projects including Candle Cove, Tulpa, The Rake, Lost Episodes, And more.

• Like 1

First up is a half an hour presentation on Videotape. The credit scenes showed at the end of Samara are re-aired at the start of this presentation

2:35: ANNOUNCER- PLEASE WELCOME YOUR PANEL FOR VIDEOTAPE- Rachel Shenton, Hailee Steinfeld and Ella Wahlestedt

2:36: Rachel- Hi and welcome to our presentation on our new film Videotape- the next in the very popular Ring franchise as proven by the success of Samara this January

2:38: Hailee- Videotape was such an amazing film to work on as it was really scary but it was great fun being with all the cast. I loved James Wan's quite unusual way of shooting the film and all the techniques involved to create this film [she then talks more about the experience].

2:40: Ella- Now we would like to take some questions.

First question is from a 35 year old man who asks Ella if there was any pressure replacing box office superstar Anna Sophia-Robb in the film

2:42 Ella- Yeah there was some pressure because Anna got an Oscar nomination last year and is renounced for being an amazing actress so I was shell shocked when I was offered this role. I wasn't sure if I should do this as one of my first films but Anna was really nice and gave me great advice. She told me to take the role as it is a fantastic character and opportunity and that she would have loved to have been in this film but she couldn't because of scheduling conflicts with Bad Moms.

2:47: SECOND QUESTION- Rachel, how does it feel moving from a small UK soap to a big American horror

2:48: Rachel- The step up actually felt ok and not much difference because it was quite a small project and everyone was so kind. The cast and crew were fantastic and I would love to do more big films. I am actually in negotiations for another Millennium Films project but that is being kept a secret for the moment.

2:52: THIRD AND FINAL QUESTION asked by 30 year old woman. Where is the main lead Rachel McAdams and director James Wan and why couldn't they be present today?

2:53: Hailee- James is shooting another film and is a very busy director so he couldn't make it today and Rachel is going to be on another film panel in a couple of hours and this is only a short presentation.

2:55: Rachel- Now we have two scenes of footage to show you even though they are both short

First Footage: Rachel, Rachel, Hailee and Ella are sitting in a circle in a dark room when a TV is pushed into that room. Samara gets up from the the TV and is about to creep up behind Ella while holding a piece of string. Footage cuts to black. Applause from audience

Second Footage: Rachel M- "so this curse thing, isn't this what Grandma Rachel worked on", Rachel S- "I think so" as they look throw pictures and information by Rachel from The Ring 1 and 2

2:59: Audience member shouts IS NAOMI WATTS back

3:00: Hailee- Naomi is back but only in a couple of flashback scenes and when they are looking through information like the scene you have just seen

3:02: Rachel- Thank you so so much for all turning up but our time is unfortunately up so we have to go now. Bye

Edited by Films
  • Like 2