Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

The last 30 minutes is all Return of the Jedi.  Well done in the editing department.

Not my thing.  I don't see the appeal to it.  I'm obviously in the minority, and yes, much better than Godzilla but not nearly as good as TRF4.

Don't worry man, you will see it in 1 year and pull a TDKR. You are also not alone. I saw Pacific Rim 11 months after seeing it for the first time and I loved it, while I disliked it in theaters. 

That rarely happens to me.  I've seen 100's of movies a second time and my opinion hasn't changed on it.

The last 30 minutes is all Return of the Jedi.  Well done in the editing department. Not my thing.  I don't see the appeal to it.  I'm obviously in the minority, and yes, much better than Godzilla but not nearly as good as TRF4.

Not nearly as good as TF4?Holy fuck.

The last 30 minutes is all Return of the Jedi.  Well done in the editing department.

Not my thing.  I don't see the appeal to it.  I'm obviously in the minority, and yes, much better than Godzilla but not nearly as good as TRF4.

At least you gave it a chance. And I think if you would have liked it you would have been honest enough to admit it.

So Cap 2, DOFP, and GOTG all have GOOD-GREAT reviews. This is a good year for comic book movies, both critically and box office wise.

Edited by #ED
  • Like 2

At least you gave it a chance. And I think if you would have liked it you would have been honest enough to admit it.

Yes, I am always honest in my assessment of film.  

• Like 1

Gross, I gave Transformers an F and Guardians an A

A serious question:

If this was just Guardians of the Galaxy, and not MARVEL'S GOTG, would you guys like it as much?

I doubt it.

A serious question:

If this was just Guardians of the Galaxy, and not MARVEL'S GOTG, would you guys like it as much?

I doubt it.

Your kidding right, I would love this movie regardless whether it was Marvel or not. I gave TWS a B- and Iron Man 3 a C+. I aint no blind fanboy

Edited by eXtacy
  • Like 2

A serious question:

I doubt it.

That's not fair though.  If it were made by any other studio(and let's face it, I doubt anyone else would have green lit it) it would be a completely different movie.

• Like 1

A serious question:

I doubt it.

LOL this movie has gotten great audience reaction and reviews across the board. Are you saying that's only because it's Marvel? Your opinion is the minority. 

Edited by ban1o

And SALT is already ahead of Lucy in the dailies. Lucy won't beat Salt domestic, OS, or WW.

Posted Image

Yet Lucy is R rated and a much better movie.

Jolie is trash, admit it. Garbage, just like Angie

#TeamAniston2k14

LOL this movie has gotten great audience reaction and reviews across the board. Are you saying that's only because it's Marvel. Your opinion is the minority. 

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.  

As of now it's looking pretty good as far as these types of biopics go.  It's ahead of Ray and about even with The Butler but I have a feeling this is more of an east coast film so we'll see how it plays out.  

How is it doing compared to Jersey Boys?