Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

Big damn suprise an untested franchise without tons of history may open to 100-120M OW.Thats pretty damn insane suprise Fake. :).... Still TMNt is going to hit Guardians and I mean hit hit hard!!!" SLICE EM LEONARDO!!!"

It's TMNT that has to be worried now. I don't see it impacting GotG which has a solid WOM.
  • Like 3

Was I really the only one that predicted this would break out?

Honestly I was leaning towards this being the POTC 1-esque breakout of the summer. It looked like the kind of blockbuster that kids and adults alike could enjoy. I wasn't expecting insane $100 million+ OW numbers. But $75-85 million was about what I expected. Not surprised at all it broke out. Something this summer had to. 

It's TMNT that has to be worried now. I don't see it impacting GotG which has a solid WOM.

Hah hah that could be true, but the trailer 2 and 3 have made me a believer.

It may have brought other turtle fans young and old back into the fold and if thats the case.... Taking oon turtles on your 2nd

weekend may be not be as easy as you think.. Guardians may have to come back to earth on this one. .:P

Only superman is predicting that high

Nope Ethan/ Augustus predicting 60M and I think Captain Jack said Turtles on the highend could hit 75 or 80M

Underestimating turtles could spell your doom predicting wise. I made that mistake in the 1990s..lol

You are unwise to put Turtles with Lucy in BO Might!

Yep,, I think it will be 65-69 on the lowend of the spectrum.. I dont see how ED thinks Turtles after those

trailers will get Lucy like Numbers... Not today.

If GotG gets past $100 million this weekend, no way TMNT tops $50 million on its OW. 

A serious question:

If this was just Guardians of the Galaxy, and not MARVEL'S GOTG, would you guys like it as much?

I doubt it.

I like space operas in general, and think they're uber undermade nowadays

I would've liked it just as much

Nope Ethan/ Augustus predicting 60M and I think Captain Jack said Turtles on the highend could hit 75 or 80M

Underestimating turtles could spell your doom predicting wise. I made that mistake in the 1990s..lol

You are unwise to put Turtles with Lucy in BO Might!

Somehow I'am not swayed by your optimism

^^ Captain Jack you stilll thinking Turtles may have not earthly mate vs Guardians good buddy.

I cant believe this lowballing predicts.. Folks expecting Guardians to drop only 48-50+% vs Turtles

I think those new trailers assure a 54-60+% drop for Guardians.. Ohh a battle of the Nostalgia vs the new warriors

of Marvel coming right up.

I say Turtles is more than a match for Guardians on Weekend 2

If GotG gets past $100 million this weekend, no way TMNT tops $50 million on its OW. 

Lol folks underestimated Lucy... TMNT is far bigger than Lucy... Guardians has the WOM, but does it have

the staying power. Ahem Transformers big drop off weekend 2... Turtles likely tracking at 50M as we speak

TURTLE POWER!!