filmscholar

Weekend Numbers (pg119) Turtles 65M, GOTG 41.5

Though a 56% drop is greater than I was hoping for GOTG, still a very healthy, reasonable 2nd week outing. Was hoping that WOM would push it higher. Hope it finishes above estimates,Though before last week, I was hoping that GOTG would somehow find its way to $180 million. That it'll do that much at the start of the third week is unbelievable for me. And that we're talking $600 million WW.I love that it has a legit shot to win summer.

Regardless of how estimates fall, it'll be around TF4 total after the same number of days, despite TF4 having the benefit of 4th of July holiday.  

Next weekend should show a better hold then we have Labor Day weekend.  So it's actually the frontrunner now to win the summer.  

• Like 1

Wow, Get on Up will finish somewhere in the 30s.  Incredible.  Maybe it is "too white" for many mainstream Black audiences, like the movie The Great Debaters.  That had Denzel in it, but that did not help much.

Edited by Ando81

I think it's locked to beat TWS.

It's locked for 250. But I wouldn't say that it's a 100% lock to finish at 260, whch is where CATWS will end up.

That said, my current prediction is probably somewhere around 270, so I do expect it to beat CATWS.

• Like 2

opening weekends

Step Up - 20.6M

Step Up 2 - 18.9

Step Up 3D - 15.8

Step Up Revolution - 11.7

Step Up All In - 6.5

Surely this has got to be the last one, right? Based on those plummeting numbers, a sixth one would only open to 3-4M.

• Like 2