filmscholar

Weekend Numbers (pg119) Turtles 65M, GOTG 41.5

Did DoS

I don't think that's locked…The Hobbit will give it a good run for its money.

Did DoS billion dollar at the box office? I thought it came up short?Just saw it came up short. I... Have my doubts how it'll perform WW. Not that I don't think it won't do well, but it may not do as good as TF4.I wish Mockingjay would destroy the WW record this year. Edited by WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
  • Like 1

50% drops consistently for a second tier franchise that is going to get $200m with no real stars (can't count Jason Clarke), lol you guys are silly. It's done well.

it's done very well but after that second weekend hold a total much bigger was looking possible. For whatever reason it started to fall apart. Constant 50% drops aren't really good or normal for a well received film. 

• Like 1

opening weekends

Step Up - 20.6M

Step Up 2 - 18.9

Step Up 3D - 15.8

Step Up Revolution - 11.7

Step Up All In - 6.5

Surely this has got to be the last one, right? Based on those plummeting numbers, a sixth one would only open to 3-4M.

The overseas gross is going to be good again, so sadly no.

That's almost similar to Pirates 4

The two franchises have incredibly similar trajectories:First is a surprise and grosses $300m DOMSecond explodes and grosses over $400 DOMThird decreses (Pirates more steeply but no 3D)Fourth is in $240-50m range DOM but does $800m OS
  • Like 1

it's done very well but after that second weekend hold a total much bigger was looking possible. For whatever reason it started to fall apart. Constant 50% drops aren't really good or normal for a well received film.

Disagree based on genre, not a superhero movie way more closely aligned with a Godzilla so holds are fine.

Can we get more input here since public opinion will decide this, have Dawn's holds been acceptable or underwhelming? John in his wisdom seems to think it has "fallen apart" but my argument is based in similar movies in its sub genre and good OW and 2nd weekend that it's holds are standard, the one this weekend was good.

Edited by GiantCALBears