kayumanggi

Weekend numbers thread:TMNT: 28.4 GOTG: 24.7 LBC. 17.7 Ex3: 16.2

Just got back from my second viewing of TMNT. The wife wanted to watch it before she leaves for India tomorrow. We were asked by 2 kids to buy them tickets for "Let's Be Cops" since they could not buy the tickets themselves due to lack of ID. They were around 15 or 16. So I told them to buy for TMNT instead, and me and the wife bought for "Let's Be Cops", once we were past the usher I handed their tickets to them and we took the TMNT tickets from them.

The number of little kids in the TMNT screening was ridiculous. Good reaction by the kids for the action, comedy and there was huge applause at the end.

Edited by grim22

Yeah Expendables 3 flopped pretty bad, it will probably end up with Need for Speed numbers domestic and internationally. I guess there won't be a Expendables 4 anytime soon.. Which is good news IMO, I love the actors in the film. But the films are same old thing and same old formula every time out. If they aren't gonna change things up or bring anything new to the table. Well it's time for the Sly and the rest of the cast to move on. Sly just better hope that, that Lionsgate doesn't decide to kill Rambo 5 after these results.

Edited by gb0708

Yeah Expendables 3 flopped pretty bad, it will probably end up with Need for Speed numbers domestic and internationally. I guess there won't be a Expendables 4 anytime soon.. Which is good news IMO, I love the actors in the film. But the films are same old thing and same old formula every time out. If they aren't gonna change things up or bring anything new to the table. Well it's time for the Sly and the rest of the cast to move on. Sly just better hope that, that Lionsgate doesn't decide to kill Rambo 5 after these results.

Rambo 5? Have you seen how Rambo 4 did?
  • Like 1

baumer, it's getting ridiculous. I usually don't have an issue with you expressing your opinion, but you are getting dangerously close to trolling with some of the posts I've read (reading through the thread). Please stop, for the sake of the sanity of the forum

And not just baumer. FrozenBuff, this new Wiseau guy, Noctis... seriously, it's getting kinda sickening

I have an opinion that is different than many others, how is that trolling?  For the sake of your opinion, I suggest you look up the meaning of trolling.

• Like 3

Just got back from my second viewing of TMNT. The wife wanted to watch it before she leaves for India tomorrow. We were asked by 2 kids to buy them tickets for "Let's Be Cops" since they could not buy the tickets themselves due to lack of ID. They were around 15 or 16. So I told them to buy for TMNT instead, and me and the wife bought for "Let's Be Cops", once we were past the usher I handed their tickets to them and we took the TMNT tickets from them.

The number of little kids in the TMNT screening was ridiculous. Good reaction by the kids for the action, comedy and there was huge applause at the end.

Did all the kids cry after the Interstellar trailer?

Come on dude, now you are just trolling.  No one likes TMNT.  

Come on dude, now you are just trolling.  No one likes TMNT.  

You weren't trolling B. You can't be trolling when you're right. TMNT wins by about 3m(according to these estimates)...or was he talking about some other post?

Rambo 5? Have you seen how Rambo 4 did?

It grossed like 42 million domestic and around 110 million worldwide. Not great numbers by any standards, but sold quite well on dvd/Blu-ray and the movie only cost 50 million. It's still a known franchise, that has worldwide appeal. So if it can be made for 40 million or so, I don't see why Lionsgate wouldn't take a chance with it. How many 30-40 million dollar run of the mill Jason Statham movies have they done that barely grossed a little over 20 million or less. Plus Sly recently was talking like the movie was going to happen. With Rambo taking on drug cartels in Mexico, while he tries to rescue a friends daughter. Or something like that. With it possibly shooting later this year or early next year. Who knows what will happen now with Expendables 3 flopping.

• Like 1

You weren't trolling B. You can't be trolling when you're right. TMNT wins by about 3m(according to these estimates)...or was he talking about some other post?

Blank has a problem with me disliking GOTG, apparently.

The leak probably hurt Expendables 3 somewhat aside from the usual franchise path of diminishing returns

When a minimum of 5 million people have already watched the movie prior to release, that will almost surely make a dent in the BO. There were 5M+ downloads, so obviously around 7-10M+ people have watched the movie already.

• Like 2

When a minimum of 5 million people have already watched the movie prior to release, that will almost surely make a dent in the BO. There were 5M+ downloads, so obviously around 7-10M+ people have watched the movie already.

But that's worldwide. Not just the US
  • Like 1